Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 219
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,837
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    So no talk about religion until it's settled if there is a God or not a God? smh
    Not what I said.

    We were talking about evidence. You said there is plenty of evidence for God.

    My point was you don’t get to point to random things and attribute them to God without showing causation. That’s confirmation bias.

    But a general discussion on the Almighty? Have at it..

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,837
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I do. As a believer I care that you know who God is so that you can make a clear choice about Him.
    As a non believer I wonder how anyone can “know” who God is, as opposed to “believing” who God is.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Not what I said.

    We were talking about evidence. You said there is plenty of evidence for God.

    My point was you don’t get to point to random things and attribute them to God without showing causation. That’s confirmation bias.

    But a general discussion on the Almighty? Have at it..
    Create a thread and perhaps I'll join
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  4. #79
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    As a non believer I wonder how anyone can “know” who God is, as opposed to “believing” who God is.
    How can you know anything?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,017
    Religions are based on the belief that there is a god. Whether that god (or gods) actually exists does not matter in the development of that religion.

    A vibrant religion grew up around the belief in the Olympian gods.
    Last edited by Crovash; 04-12-2021 at 02:04 PM.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,563
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Holy crap....did you just pile on the condescension while inferring I had been condescending?

    You're not sure how one feels empathy? What is this, another 'by my definition' things for you?

    No, you don't get it, you really don't. If you did, you wouldn't be so condescending about it.

    You can believe this or not, but people talk about Christians believing 'this fairy tale' while they laugh about how people could. There's a regular poster here who has more than once openly said Christians are low on intelligence and lack logical thinking skills. Yet you don't hear real Christians laugh at people who don't believe as they do. I do truly feel sad when people talk as some of you guys do here. Would you prefer I called it sympathy?

    WTH are you talking about crossing to make my point, but I can't. What exactly is that point in your mind? Convincing you you're wrong? That's not how this works.
    No, laughing would be simple to deal with, it's the murdering, torturing, kidnapping, ridiculing, etc, etc, etc of people that don't believe the same thing as you that bothers us that aren't christian.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,017
    Never mind of course what they do do youngsters.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Religions are based on the belief that there is a god. Whether that god (or gods) actually exists does not matter in the development of that religion.
    Nice point. Religion attempts to address concepts beyond the physical experienced world. God is a conceptualization of something (the driving force) beyond the physical experienced world. So its existence within the physical experienced world is almost moot by definition.

    Our connection with our maker is such an introspective process, so of course any such connection is indeed also a reflection of ourselves.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,706
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    No, laughing would be simple to deal with, it's the murdering, torturing, kidnapping, ridiculing, etc, etc, etc of people that don't believe the same thing as you that bothers us that aren't christian.
    right, because none of that has ever happened in reverse...

    you've run into a lot of that in your neighborhood and lifetime have you?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,837
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    How can you know anything?
    The best way to know anything is via the scientific method.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The best way to know anything is via the scientific method.
    If only theScience(tm) folks would.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,017
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    right, because none of that has ever happened in reverse...

    you've run into a lot of that in your neighborhood and lifetime have you?
    My wife has very vivid memories of the hell she was told she was heading for (including a sunday school teacher who implied she stick her hand in a fire to know what she would suffer for eternity).

    So don’t you presume that this **** does not still happen in our lifetime.
    Last edited by Crovash; 04-13-2021 at 08:59 AM.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,916
    truly speechless
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,837
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    If only theScience(tm) folks would.
    Would what? Complete the thought.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Would what? Complete the thought.
    re-read your post
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •