Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 85 of 85
  1. #76
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    If you got a ballot you signed a ballot application. You cannot recieve a ballot without that application and that application must be submitted before your vote counts officially. The machine counts it, but it isnt made official until they recieve the application from the polling place. It is this way for the entire state. If you didnt sign a ballot application you didnt vote and should report the problem to the state, per the poll workers, I stopped by and asked for clarification on my way home. So, if you didnt sign anything today, you should probably report it to the state.
    We are saying the same thing. Of course they have my signature on file. I gave it to them to be a registered voter. The issue is that polls do not check that I am who the name I give them says I am.

    As you know the ballot in the box is official. There is no way to tell if a ballot in the box relates to any specific voter except that it came from Precinct 27 or 35. That's all they can tell. The check needs to happen before the receipt of the ballot.
    Last edited by brett05; 11-04-2020 at 10:38 AM.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I went early afternoon and had no wait time at all... No signature or ID for me (was already registered), just gave my name and address and they pulled me up for me to confirm everything else was right.
    what state are you in?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,224
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    what state are you in?
    Minnesota


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,910
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    what state are you in?
    1) confusion
    2) denial
    3) shock
    4) undress
    5) other

    Choose which best describes
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Minnesota


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So in Minnesota as long as someone gives a valid name and address they can vote no actual proof needed that you are who you say you are, correct?

  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    1) confusion
    2) denial
    3) shock
    4) undress
    5) other

    Choose which best describes
    LOL

    You're really good with this humor stuff. I'd give you a dry bar special

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,224
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    So in Minnesota as long as someone gives a valid name and address they can vote no actual proof needed that you are who you say you are, correct?
    No id needed as long as you are already registered. Name and address was all I mentioned and they pulled me up on the screen to confirm.

    I signed a little slip after stating my name and address/confirming the info on their screen was correct. I turned in that slip and got my ballot


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    No id needed as long as you are already registered. Name and address was all I mentioned and they pulled me up on the screen to confirm.

    I signed a little slip after stating my name and address/confirming the info on their screen was correct. I turned in that slip and got my ballot


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah, so did they did need a signature. Did they happen to compare it or just put it in a pile without checking?

  9. #84
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,224
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Ah, so did they did need a signature. Did they happen to compare it or just put it in a pile without checking?
    Ya I signed a slip to get my ballot.

    I guess I didnít pay a lot of attention but would guess they wouldnít have time to compare if it was busy (the person who confirms who we are takes the signature sheet so if itís busy they probably donít spend time analyzing). Not sure if/when they would compare


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #85
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya I signed a slip to get my ballot.

    I guess I didnít pay a lot of attention but would guess they wouldnít have time to compare if it was busy (the person who confirms who we are takes the signature sheet so if itís busy they probably donít spend time analyzing). Not sure if/when they would compare


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

  11. 11-05-2020, 07:52 AM

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •