Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 85
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,221
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://www.lakecountyil.gov/4113/Id...ation-and-Voti

    Just as an FYI, Illinois does verify. They matched the signature you provided while voting with the one on their screen, if they didn't match, you wouldn't have been able to vote.

    So you could have voted as your deceased neighbor so long as you could forge their signature (and knew whether they were registered to vote or had been removed from the voting rolls).
    I'm also not in Lake
    And I don't think you even read your own link:

    Can't provide identification in the voting site?

    If identification is required during early voting or on Election Day but you can’t provide it, you are entitled to vote a Provisional Ballot. Your ballot is not cast in the ballot bin but secured by the election judges. You have seven days after Election Day to provide the Lake County Clerk’s office with the required documentation.

    It's not required.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,681
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Wow, you guys really vote huh?

    You guys really believe in this system?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    So you think your approach of whining about **** for years on end while kissing China's *** is a better approach?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,878
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Wow, you guys really vote huh?

    You guys really believe in this system?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It's far less about belief in the system than it is about....what else we gonna do?
    And like my dad used to say....if you don't vote, quit yer *****in'
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,842
    I walked in, scanned my ID, was given a pen and a ballot, filled in the ovals on the ballot for my choices and put the ballot in the machine. I was #15 in my little town.
    I split my ballot among several political parties -- Democrats for local races, Republicans for house and senate and Constitution Party for president.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,916
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I'm also not in Lake
    And I don't think you even read your own link:

    Can't provide identification in the voting site?

    If identification is required during early voting or on Election Day but you can’t provide it, you are entitled to vote a Provisional Ballot. Your ballot is not cast in the ballot bin but secured by the election judges. You have seven days after Election Day to provide the Lake County Clerk’s office with the required documentation.

    It's not required.
    To the contrary it's obvious you did not:

    If your voter registration record reflects your current name and physical Lake County street address, you will not be required to present any identification when you are voting by mail, during early voting, or on Election Day. According to Illinois election law, your identity is verified when the election judges compare and confirm that the signature on your registration record matches the one on your ballot application in each election.


    So it's Illinois election law, not just Lake County, and they do verify your vote by matching it to a signature, but ID is not required.

    Now I see why you never present evidence for your claims: you suck at it.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,043
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Of course. It's one of the main reasons why this is the greatest nation
    Haha, oh man.

    Brett, you are something!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    18,196
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Wow, you guys really vote huh?

    You guys really believe in this system?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Why wouldn’t we?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,043
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Why wouldn’t we?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess I've never really met people that believe in the system like that...



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    18,196
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I guess I've never really met people that believe in the system like that...



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Seems kinda depressing not to believe in something.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,702
    I get to have it both ways. I vote and I don’t believe (as in have faith) in the system.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I get to have it both ways. I vote and I don’t believe (as in have faith) in the system.
    Same same.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Wow, you guys really vote huh?

    You guys really believe in this system?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    If you don't vote, you have no right to complain about anything. At least do something to change the problems, as opposed to sitting behind your computer screen whining.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,043
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    If you don't vote, you have no right to complain about anything.
    lol, wtf does this mean?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,842
    What that means is that you are one that simply whines about everything without proposing a potential solution to the problems. You are what I call a leech. Simply taking things without giving anything back.
    Have a nice day.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,670
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://www.lakecountyil.gov/4113/Id...ation-and-Voti

    Just as an FYI, Illinois does verify. They matched the signature you provided while voting with the one on their screen, if they didn't match, you wouldn't have been able to vote.

    So you could have voted as your deceased neighbor so long as you could forge their signature (and knew whether they were registered to vote or had been removed from the voting rolls).
    They ask for your address and verify the signature. Where I am your signature is on the registration paper that they give you a ballot ticket from. Just put mine in and was the only one in the place. I live in a town of 200.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •