Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Election Issues at the Poll

What poll problems did you experience when you went to vote today?

I had several issues.

1) Polls did not open on time (five minutes late)
    2) Election Judges didn't initial each ballot before giving it to a voter causing folks not able to cast their ballots until a judge signed the top of it. It inconvenienced the voter and exposed their choices to others in line awaiting a ballot.
    3) There was ZERO verification. Absolutely none. I gave a first and last name and as long as a signature appeared on their screen I was fine to vote. Again I could have voted as my deceased neighbor and the judges would have let me. Illinois and other states that do not have voter ID are so susceptible to corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I had several issues.

1) Polls did not open on time (five minutes late)
    2) Election Judges didn't initial each ballot before giving it to a voter causing folks not able to cast their ballots until a judge signed the top of it. It inconvenienced the voter and exposed their choices to others in line awaiting a ballot.
    3) There was ZERO verification. Absolutely none. I gave a first and last name and as long as a signature appeared on their screen I was fine to vote. Again I could have voted as my deceased neighbor and the judges would have let me. Illinois and other states that do not have voter ID are so susceptible to corruption.
    https://www.lakecountyil.gov/4113/Id...ation-and-Voti

Just as an FYI, Illinois does verify. They matched the signature you provided while voting with the one on their screen, if they didn't match, you wouldn't have been able to vote.

So you could have voted as your deceased neighbor so long as you could forge their signature (and knew whether they were registered to vote or had been removed from the voting rolls).

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

Just as an FYI, Illinois does verify. They matched the signature you provided while voting with the one on their screen, if they didn't match, you wouldn't have been able to vote.

So you could have voted as your deceased neighbor so long as you could forge their signature (and knew whether they were registered to vote or had been removed from the voting rolls).
    Just an update, they matched absolutely 100% nothing. I gave a name they punched the name into the computer and saw a signature on file. They then handed me a ballot. I gave them no sample of a signature. So yes I could vote as my deceased neighbor. But you know best as always.

I'm also not in Lake
    And I don't think you even read your own link:

Can't provide identification in the voting site?

If identification is required during early voting or on Election Day but you can’t provide it, you are entitled to vote a Provisional Ballot. Your ballot is not cast in the ballot bin but secured by the election judges. You have seven days after Election Day to provide the Lake County Clerk’s office with the required documentation.

It's not required.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I'm also not in Lake
    And I don't think you even read your own link:

Can't provide identification in the voting site?

If identification is required during early voting or on Election Day but you can’t provide it, you are entitled to vote a Provisional Ballot. Your ballot is not cast in the ballot bin but secured by the election judges. You have seven days after Election Day to provide the Lake County Clerk’s office with the required documentation.

It's not required.
    To the contrary it's obvious you did not:

If your voter registration record reflects your current name and physical Lake County street address, you will not be required to present any identification when you are voting by mail, during early voting, or on Election Day. According to Illinois election law, your identity is verified when the election judges compare and confirm that the signature on your registration record matches the one on your ballot application in each election.

So it's Illinois election law, not just Lake County, and they do verify your vote by matching it to a signature, but ID is not required.

Now I see why you never present evidence for your claims: you suck at it.

To the contrary it's obvious you did not:

If your voter registration record reflects your current name and physical Lake County street address, you will not be required to present any identification when you are voting by mail, during early voting, or on Election Day. According to Illinois election law, your identity is verified when the election judges compare and confirm that the signature on your registration record matches the one on your ballot application in each election.

So it's Illinois election law, not just Lake County, and they do verify your vote by matching it to a signature, but ID is not required.

Now I see why you never present evidence for your claims: you suck at it.
    You don't understand still. No one applies for a ballot unless you need a mail in ballot. You don't apply each election to vote in person. You're still wrong. And your ego is such that you can't admit it.

Election Issues at the Poll

I voted by mails over a month ago. No issues. I walked my ballot up to the mail box up the street from me. I checked my ballot online about a week later and confirmed that it had been received and counted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I voted by mails over a month ago. No issues. I walked my ballot up to the mail box up the street from me. I checked my ballot online about a week later and confirmed that it had been received and counted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same.

My city drop box is almost literally in my subdivision so I could just walk it up there if I wanted to.

About how much time did it take you, Brett?
    Hadn't decided when to slip in and do it
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    About how much time did it take you, Brett?
    Hadn't decided when to slip in and do it
    So I would think most polls have a rush right when they open. I was 26 and by the time the first voter got a ballot there was about 50 in line. From ballot to vote I spent about four minutes.

Radio is saying mid morning and mid afternoon are slower times.

Going later but biggest issue I’m anticipating is horrendous candidates on the ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Going later but biggest issue I’m anticipating is horrendous candidates on the ballot.

Well played.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

You always can write in vote!
    Eichel Tower

Indeed.

I was surprised with how people were stumping right outside the polling place. I thought it was illegal.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast