Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

The Mandalorian S2

First episode dropped Friday.

Pretty solid start.

It was pretty good. I am glad they are bringing up some things from the old expanded universe. I am also glad that its still early and the child doesn't talk. he is more hilarious as a silent character.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but episode 1 felt a little like some of those mid season filler episodes from season 1. Not sure if Tim O's character is going to play a big part moving forward or if the character tease at the end will wind up being a major story line, but if they aren't a huge part of the story, it feels like a kind of underwhelming start.

I doubt the Marshall has much of a role left to play. Can't see how Boba doesn't though.

This looks like it could be really fun.

https://youtu.be/2NFNrj1g1SQ

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but episode 1 felt a little like some of those mid season filler episodes from season 1. Not sure if Tim O's character is going to play a big part moving forward or if the character tease at the end will wind up being a major story line, but if they aren't a huge part of the story, it feels like a kind of underwhelming start.
    if you watched episode 2 that was more of a filler than the 1st one. to be honest I think episode 2 is kind of weak.

I thought it was a pretty fun episode and is about what one should generally expect from this series. Relatively self-contained adventure of the week.

Yeah, pretty funny with what the child was doing.

The Child has held off on using his powers so far. What will prod him to change that I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    The Child has held off on using his powers so far. What will prod him to change that I wonder.
    it will probably be next episode. something will happen when they take off that the cockpit will depressurize and the kid will step in with his powers to do something.

I guess I've been pretty disappointed by these first row episodes. There's virtually no story and nothing gets advanced. The Child hasn't evolved or changed at all. Mando has a vague "adventure" to find more Mandalorians, but he hasn't done that much yet and it's pretty unclear what they'll really help him with.

I guess I was expecting an actual plot and story. Maybe my expectations were too high, but episode 2 in particular felt really lacking. Feels like they're using the hunt for more Mandalorians as an excuse to get them into a new adventure each week and the hunt for more Mandalorians is just a way to start putting together the hunt for The Child's species, but there's not really a coherent story so they'll milk it for all its worth as this story of the week stuff.

I'd be in to more mythology and world building too, and have heard the show goes a bit in that direction as this season progresses. Having said that, this show seems to be designed more as a story of the week kind of thing and hasn't made any attempts at being some complicated, plot driven masterpiece or anything. A kids show at heart basically (or at least a show for the whole family).

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast