Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Hey Gasman. Nice to see ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

GASSMAN!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Hey Gasman. Nice to see ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I quit for a while but I see itís the same forum just with a few new players.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Switch and give PA to Trump Watch the insanity there... The winner more times than not is Tie.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    The winner more times than not is Tie.
    He'd probably still be a better option than the 2 we have.
    And I hear he dresses well.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Nice to see you GasMan.

4 years ago I was checking polls multiple times a day, for like months and months. This year I haven't been scouring over election coverage. I couldn't get myself to watch the last debate. I have a lot of election anxiety, but like, I'm not even 1% enthused by Joe Biden. So I'm just trying to tune out during this speculative period and basically just wait. I cheer leaded Hillary after she beat Bernie because I recognized what Trump is. Now it's even more obvious what Trump is. But after seeing the left blamed for 3+ years for Hillary's loss, then seeing what happened in the primary, and then now seeing Biden barely make any real attempt to win the left...knowing that if he blows it again (he's ran an objectively bad campaign) we'll get blamed for it again! So, yeah...I ain't beating the "VOTE FOR BIDEN" drum much. I'm not shaming anyone into voting. If Joe Biden hasn't earned your vote, that's fine. Because that's his fault. In fact, I honestly get triggered at how often I'm told to vote and how many people's politics boil down to nothing more than "VOTE". This might trigger some people, but if there were more Susan Sarandons and Jane Fondas and less Debra Messings and Alyssa Milanos we'd be a tiny bit closer to actually having good, accountable Democratic leadership.

I digress

I got 291-247 on the dot as well.

Among states that are competitive in my eyes:

Trump wins: TX, GA, FL, OH, IA and NC. All seem to be very tight...perhaps all within the margin of error. I think Texas' days as a red state might come to an end very soon, but not next week. Eventually the decades worth Texas GOP-led gerrymandering and voter suppression will crumble. I know people are dreaming about Georgia too, but again, I just can't do that yet. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh, and he gets Florida. I don't want to live in a world where Florida doesn't vote for Trump.

I gave Biden MN, MI, WI, PA, VA, AZ (mostly I think Mark Kelly does well, and that'll help enough) and NV.

I think that covers the contested states. Went stock with the ME/NE choices.

Pretty boring. But there it is.
    HELLO

Stock with which ME/NE choices? Both Nebraskas and both Maines?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Stock with which ME/NE choices? Both Nebraskas and both Maines?
    Yes. Each state splits their electoral votes. They are the only two states that don't do a winner takes all electoral vote allocation.

Maine has 4 EC votes. 2 will go to whoever wins the statewide vote. 1 more will go to whoever wins Maine's 1st District and the last will go to whoever wins Maine's 2nd district.

Nebraska is the same with 2 statewide votes and then 3 Districts that split 3 votes evenly between them.

My point was, I don't follow what's happening in Nebraska's 3rd District and pretending like I put any thought into any of those would be a lie.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Yes. Each state splits their electoral votes. They are the only two states that don't do a winner takes all electoral vote allocation.

Maine has 4 EC votes. 2 will go to whoever wins the statewide vote. 1 more will go to whoever wins Maine's 1st District and the last will go to whoever wins Maine's 2nd district.

Nebraska is the same with 2 statewide votes and then 3 Districts that split 3 votes evenly between them.

My point was, I don't follow what's happening in Nebraska's 3rd District and pretending like I put any thought into any of those would be a lie.
    oh I wasn't even really commenting on that, I was just throwing in some levity about Trump's recent 'we're gonna win both Nebraskas' comment in Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    oh I wasn't even really commenting on that, I was just throwing in some levity about Trump's recent 'we're gonna win both Nebraskas' comment in Omaha
    Didn't hear that one. My b.

I know a lot of people don't know so I explained. Trump's not the most eloquent person in the world, but I'd guess he wasn't actually saying anything dumb. Just pointing out how the votes are split in Nebraska.
    HELLO

I got 306 to 231 for Joe. I have Joe winning PA, NC and AZ. Trump winning FLA, GA, IA, OH nd TX.

This is the last chance for polling. They were pretty right in the midterms after the abomination of 2016, but if something similar to 2016 happens, I'll never take polling seriously again.

Michael Moore coming out and saying they are wrong again makes me nervous too. He was one of the few who was right in 2016...

The Lost Boys of PSD

I got 900-0

sorry, old Bill Cosby flashback
    I went in the locker room and had a look at their players and cripes, they're bigger than they were LAST year.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I got 306 to 231 for Joe. I have Joe winning PA, NC and AZ. Trump winning FLA, GA, IA, OH nd TX.

This is the last chance for polling. They were pretty right in the midterms after the abomination of 2016, but if something similar to 2016 happens, I'll never take polling seriously again.

Michael Moore coming out and saying they are wrong again makes me nervous too. He was one of the few who was right in 2016...
    I'll preface this by saying that I don't know why I'm even responding because there probably is no reason to put any stock in polling, especially when we can just wait a few days at this point.

But I still more or less trust national polling. I mean, everything needs a few grains of salt, but I don't think the national polls were "wrong" about anything in 2016. The state election polls definitely were off, and in same cases very significantly so. State polling is inherently more variable and noisy.

My authority on polling is Dave Wasserman.

Last edited by ManRam; 10-30-2020 at 11:54 AM. Reason: i am a ****ing typo machine
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post

Thereís been a lot of hand ringing about the polling in 2016 but anyone who took a probabilistic POV was saying Trump had a decent chance.

The under-representation of the non-college degree white voter was seen as the culprit of the larger than usual margin of error. This has been corrected and you have to wonder if there isnít an inclination to over correct to not be wrong in the same direction again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast