Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Tigers nearing a deal to hire AJ Hinch as the next manager

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions FIRE EVERYONE!!!
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Now its official

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings

I'm ok with that.

I like it. Scandal or not, he paid his price and brings some instant credibility to a team that needs to start showing progress to take it up a couple notches. We didn't need another Ausmus type hire.

I find it hard to be mad at him (or the Astros) personally, for long, in a sport that has a history littered with cheating. That said I know I may be in the minority in that opinion.

As for us, this is a hire the Tigers needed to make. Detroit sports are guilty for waiting too long to hire, holding too long on a deadbeat coach, or hiring the safe guy.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I find it hard to be mad at him (or the Astros) personally, for long, in a sport that has a history littered with cheating. That said I know I may be in the minority in that opinion.

As for us, this is a hire the Tigers needed to make. Detroit sports are guilty for waiting too long to hire, holding too long on a deadbeat coach, or hiring the safe guy.
    I'm with you on this. According to the commissioner's report, Manfred did not cite him as an instigator or a participant in the Astros' silly scheme. In my honest opinion, i think the most blame should be on the shoulders of Luhnow. I think Luhnow did all the work but we will never know the real answer. I'm just glad the White Sox decided to go with La Russa instead of Hinch. Like you said about the Detroit sports that they are guilty of waiting too long to hire, holding too long on a deadbeat coach or hiring the safe guy. Just think if Mike Fiers didn't rat on the Astros then this hire would not have happen.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings

I'm pretty happy, good hire, go tigers!

my thought was "did he choose us because he sees young talent he can help build" or were we the only team to offer

I'm okay with the hire. As a friend of mine always said, "If you're not cheating, you're not trying...."

Anyways, I'll be interested to see how this affects players coming to the Tigers. You can see how players respect the players (Altuve, Correa, etc.) with all of the HBPs but I wonder what their opinions are of the manager. Players didn't really get any penalties whereas the managers all got fired and had to sit out.

They are also reportedly bringing Michigan's pitching coach, Chris Fetter, on board for the same job.