Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 248

Thread: La Russa hired

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,990
    Any word yet on which coaches will be retained?

  2. #92
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I mean it would be ignorant to say he isn't the smartest guy in any room discussing/coaching/managing baseball. He rubbed his players to 3 world series wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I personally would hope that our coach thinks he's smarter than a bunch of young players that haven't scratched the surface of what they can learn about the game.
    Amen!!

  3. #93
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I donít see where Stone seems unhappy with it either. What I will say, is that most of the distain for the LaRussa hire seems to have more to do with non-baseball reasons than anything to do with LaRussaís baseball chops, but they are thinly veiled as concerns over his age.

    How old was Jack McKeon when he won with Florida?

    While 76 is older than myself and probably most experts on this site, itís not at the point where you are automatically an invalid with a drool cup. Many people function just fine at that age. He doesnít have to run the bases or shag flies.

    Just about all of the detractors have an issue with his stance with flag kneeling. This is more political than anything. And the shame is that the same people who are saying that a person A has a right to his own opinion and free speech, is saying that person B is unemployable and should be cast out of society for having his opinion, when asked. Hypocracy at its finest!
    qft

  4. #94
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    The evolution of a pessimist who will find an issue with any move just because:

    1) La Russa is out of touch with modern baseball.
    Counter Argument: He was a step ahead of the curve with modern baseball and has been actively involved in the game with multiple franchises over the last decade. His last world series run, he employed the opener to perfection.

    2) La Russa won't be able to relate to our young roster.
    Counter Argument: Any player with dreams and aspirations to be great should be ecstatic to learn from a living legend.

    3) La Russa was only hired to right a wrong when Hawk fired him.
    Counter Argument: Yes you are right, all of his accomplishments had absolutely zero to do with it. Just pure nostalgia got him the most coveted opening in MLB. "SARCASM"

    4) When all else fails, La Russa was involved with cheaters in the past.
    Counter Argument: I bet the Cardinals wish they could go back in time and not hire La Russa out of moral obligation to him coaching the Bash Brothers. Championships be damned! I bet the Yankees wished they never had Torre as well because he definitely had some roiders under his watch.

    Let's stop trying to find every possible negative we can here, and see what he does. Based on resume alone, there isn't a better one, so until he proves he isn't capable of managing a successful MLB baseball team, we hired the best possible coach by the numbers that exists.
    another truth bomb. The mods and a few posters over here need to start using some logic instead of their hatred. They sound like TDSers only it would be TLRDSers now.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Ok.... didn't know that, I guess I should google everyone La Russa talks to from now on....lol
    Or be a man and admit you were wrong. It's not that hard.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,738
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    another truth bomb. The mods and a few posters over here need to start using some logic instead of their hatred. They sound like TDSers only it would be TLRDSers now.
    Leave politics out of here.


    Most experts I've heard have mocked the white sox. I'm not using fan logic I'm using just overall logic.

    We KNOW La Russa was always a great manager.


    We should also know it makes JR a piece of **** to overrule a baseball guy and tell him who to hire. Thats just reality. **** JR.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Leave politics out of here.


    Most experts I've heard have mocked the white sox. I'm not using fan logic I'm using just overall logic.

    We KNOW La Russa was always a great manager.


    We should also know it makes JR a piece of **** to overrule a baseball guy and tell him who to hire. Thats just reality. **** JR.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I brought in no politics. I used an analogy, that is all. So feel free to relax and perhaps apologize.

    You have ZERO clue on how this came about. The sooner you admit that the sooner anything you say on this topic will have even the tiniest bit of credibility.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,738
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I brought in no politics. I used an analogy, that is all. So feel free to relax and perhaps apologize.

    You have ZERO clue on how this came about. The sooner you admit that the sooner anything you say on this topic will have even the tiniest bit of credibility.
    Zero clue? Everyone knows what happened. Its never going to said by the white sox so thats a silly take.

    No, I have nothing to apologize for.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Zero clue? Everyone knows what happened. Its never going to said by the white sox so thats a silly take.

    No, I have nothing to apologize for.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Wow to double down on your lack of knowledge. Impressive.

    Of course you aren't go to apologize. You're not ready to be an adult.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,738
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Wow to double down on your lack of knowledge. Impressive.

    Of course you aren't go to apologize. You're not ready to be an adult.
    Making that reference is bringing politics in here , imo. Lets just move on.
    Last edited by blams; 11-02-2020 at 10:59 AM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Making that reference is bringing politics in here , imo. Lets just move on.
    No it's not. It's a comparison that's all. But yes, accuse folks of phantom actions.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    18,987
    Stop it already or there will be bans.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    18,987
    As for this hire it sucks, you already know my thoughts.

    I am not sure why there aren't more insulted by this. Jerry hired Rick Hahn and Kenny Williams to run the baseball team and make the decisions. He then went behind their back and made Rick interview and hire his buddy. Rick couldn't even interview Hinch as he was declined by Jerry. So apparently it's okay to hire steroid cheaters and drunk drivers but not AJ Hinch.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    As for this hire it sucks, you already know my thoughts.

    I am not sure why there aren't more insulted by this. Jerry hired Rick Hahn and Kenny Williams to run the baseball team and make the decisions. He then went behind their back and made Rick interview and hire his buddy. Rick couldn't even interview Hinch as he was declined by Jerry. So apparently it's okay to hire steroid cheaters and drunk drivers but not AJ Hinch.
    What is your proof? Or is this you just straw-manning?

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    18,987
    Do you have a twitter account?

    It's literally there from all the beat writers.

    Did you watch the press conference?

    The other person the Sox interviewed was former Sox player Willie Harris.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •