Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: La Russa hired

La Russa has problems with "bat flips" but apparently is ok with players sticking needles in their ***..........

Cmon Bainsy, thereís plenty of rumors out there that most of baseball was juicing, not just his guys.

Also, his February interview about kneeling was the same thinking that the majority of the industry and fans felt. It wasnít until George Floydís death that things have changed. Only 1 player knelt during the Kaepernick days.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....152222591.html

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Cmon Bainsy, thereís plenty of rumors out there that most of baseball was juicing, not just his guys.
    I know but for him to flat out say "i had no idea" is a slap in the face ....All those players were proved to be juicing so we can stop with "they were just rumors". Also amazing how small Molina got after he signed the 75MIL contract....

This is Uncle Jerry "righting" a wrong in his mind after Harrelson fired him.....That's all this is!!!

Tigers signed AJ Hinch....Im cool with that, I didn't want him either...

I read Duncan turned down his offer to be pitching coach....Bit of a head scratcher...

Also read....not sure how true, that some players on the current team are not thrilled with the decision .

What a player does off the field is difficult to address, because of privacy concerns. Based on the number of players that tested positive over the years, 80% of managers and GMs would be banned from baseball. Itís easy to target LaRussa because of the high profile players that were caught who played for him, but geographic proximity to the Bay Area also played a role in why Oakland was a hot spot for that activity.
    Remember, Barry Bonds played for Bruce Bochy as well, and that was well after the lid was blown off the whole thing.

Comparing a managerís accountability for what goes on behind closed doors between a player and his trainers, to on field-in game banging of garbage cans and sign relaying is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    What a player does off the field is difficult to address, because of privacy concerns. Based on the number of players that tested positive over the years, 80% of managers and GMs would be banned from baseball. Itís easy to target LaRussa because of the high profile players that were caught who played for him, but geographic proximity to the Bay Area also played a role in why Oakland was a hot spot for that activity.
    Remember, Barry Bonds played for Bruce Bochy as well, and that was well after the lid was blown off the whole thing.

Comparing a managerís accountability for what goes on behind closed doors between a player and his trainers, to on field-in game banging of garbage cans and sign relaying is laughable.
    Yes he coached him for one season at the end, after he broke all the records...He wasn't banned from baseball ,so what was he supposed to do? Not take the job?
    La Russa on the other hand kept telling everyone he had no idea what was going under his watch...Laughable!

Any current players who have expressed displeasure with his hiring before even meeting the guy or playing for him should have their character questioned.
    These are professional athletes making millions of dollars, who are paid to perform on the field. They claim 1st amendment rights when they want to make a statement non baseball related, but then have an issue with working for/with someone from a different culture, gender, AGE, or race? Give me a break.
    Man up, and do the job you are paid to do. If you canít do that, then you are not very professional. If their concerns are strictly baseball related, then they are definitely jumping the gun, by expressing their concerns.
    If their concerns are off the field, then they need to look in the mirror and question their very own inclusion and intolerance and equal opportunity that they are ever increasingly using their platform to address.

ďUnder LaRussaís watchĒ? Do you happen to know for sure that he witnessed these injections?

Also, I am completely open to the argument that more could have been done, but please start with a list of what specific actions that LaRussa should have taken. And then please follow that up with a list of all of these other managers who came forth and took those actions. Shouldnít be too difficult, right?

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Meh, he was a great manager but any manager that actively uses advanced stats is probably better than him at this point. He knows of advanced stats but has never managed while using them. I'm skeptical that he will.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I don't think this is true

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Also read....not sure how true, that some players on the current team are not thrilled with the decision .
    If thatís true, thatís an issue. I donít hate LaRussa, I hate the way they made it happen. JR pulled the strings without talking with Hahn and players.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Any current players who have expressed displeasure with his hiring before even meeting the guy or playing for him should have their character questioned.
    These are professional athletes making millions of dollars, who are paid to perform on the field. They claim 1st amendment rights when they want to make a statement non baseball related, but then have an issue with working for/with someone from a different culture, gender, AGE, or race? Give me a break.
    Man up, and do the job you are paid to do. If you canít do that, then you are not very professional. If their concerns are strictly baseball related, then they are definitely jumping the gun, by expressing their concerns.
    If their concerns are off the field, then they need to look in the mirror and question their very own inclusion and intolerance and equal opportunity that they are ever increasingly using their platform to address.
    Along with my last comment, I also agree here. Meet the guy, before you have any judgements, but it just seemed like a hasty move that was done behind Hahnís back. Why did we need to strike so fast?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast