Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: La Russa hired

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    No, not offering any public comment is not the right thing to do.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Yes it is. It's being respectful of the process. Not sure why you dislike respect.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Sounds like the Nazis want to skip the entire judicial process, and go straight to the death sentence. Nice!
    Pretty much

While I would love Trevor on the team, I am going to contain my excitement as he's been trolling hard, since the season ended, every single team.

Nice to have Jose Abreu say that he's excited to have La Russa as his manager.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Nice to have Jose Abreu say that he's excited to have La Russa as his manager.
    Iím not sure why any baseball player who loves the game and wants to be great wouldnít. Itís funny that Stroman came out against TLR. Stroman isnít even close to who Iíd want to add anyways. Heís more of a fringe 3/4 than a potential 1/2 IMO.

I don't understand the defending of the hire. Its an objective fact it was a stupid hire, even IF the Sox win something .

JR isn't a baseball guy and doesn't know ****. Its know that he forced it. That makes it wrong no matter the results. He's an idiot.

There's a reason the Sox are a nationwide laughing stock right now.

I'm tiring myself out with my own negativity though, this is the last time I'll point out my opinion on the hiring.

Last edited by blams; 11-13-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I don't understand the defending of the hire. Its an objective fact it was a stupid hire, even IF the Sox win something .

JR isn't a baseball guy and doesn't know ****. Its know that he forced it. That makes it wrong no matter the results. He's an idiot.

There's a reason the Sox are a nationwide laughing stock right now.

I'm tiring myself out with my own negativity though, this is the last time I'll point out my opinion on the hiring.

I think we all get the negatives of this hire. Even us who like La Russa as a coach. But the fact of the matter is, if he wins, all of this bickering is a moot point.

Also, while we may have went the relic route with La Russa, Ethan Katz is proof that we arenít completely incompetent. Heís a young up and coming Pitching coach, with an extremely strong rapport with our staff Ace. That was probably the most important hire in regards to our future success. We needed someone who could mesh with a young up and coming staff. If our young guns look up to Giolitoís rise, theyíll be all ears to what Katz has to teach them. His hire might also be intriguing for FA pitchers thinking about joining a contender.

The only thing our young star field players lack is proper fundamentals. The talent is there. Letís stop complaining, and letís see if La Russa can bridge their elite talents with elite fundamentals.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I think we all get the negatives of this hire. Even us who like La Russa as a coach. But the fact of the matter is, if he wins, all of this bickering is a moot point.

Also, while we may have went the relic route with La Russa, Ethan Katz is proof that we arenít completely incompetent. Heís a young up and coming Pitching coach, with an extremely strong rapport with our staff Ace. That was probably the most important hire in regards to our future success. We needed someone who could mesh with a young up and coming staff. If our young guns look up to Giolitoís rise, theyíll be all ears to what Katz has to teach them. His hire might also be intriguing for FA pitchers thinking about joining a contender.

The only thing our young star field players lack is proper fundamentals. The talent is there. Letís stop complaining, and letís see if La Russa can bridge their elite talents with elite fundamentals.
    Yeah, I'm stopping [emoji3].

The Katz hire seems to be a good one, gonna be weird not seeing coop haha.

Click here to register!

Yeah, I'm stopping [emoji3].

The Katz hire seems to be a good one, gonna be weird not seeing coop haha.

Coop was hard to watch walk out there this year lol. Thank GOD La Russa didn't get Duncan to come out of retirement lol.

Iím not sure why any baseball player who loves the game and wants to be great wouldnít. Itís funny that Stroman came out against TLR. Stroman isnít even close to who Iíd want to add anyways. Heís more of a fringe 3/4 than a potential 1/2 IMO.
    He was never coming, he was going to accept the QO all along. He just wanted some attention.

11. 11-13-2020, 02:08 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

12. 11-13-2020, 02:27 PM
    Reason
    Quoting Deleted Post

ďPujols just told me he was a great manager, an outstanding person and one I would like to play for,Ē Abreu said. ďI am looking forward to it. I know these things happen, this is a free country and you can have on opinion, but you have to respect each oneís opinion. But as a baseball player you have to appreciate what you have, and right now he is our manager and his record as a big league manager is one of the best. And weíre going to have a chance to play for one of the greatest managers in the history of the game.Ē

From Jose Abreu, probably the single most important opinion on our roster. All of our young Hispanic players look up to him, and I feel they will follow his example.

No it's not.

ďPujols just told me he was a great manager, an outstanding person and one I would like to play for,Ē Abreu said. ďI am looking forward to it. I know these things happen, this is a free country and you can have on opinion, but you have to respect each oneís opinion. But as a baseball player you have to appreciate what you have, and right now he is our manager and his record as a big league manager is one of the best. And weíre going to have a chance to play for one of the greatest managers in the history of the game.Ē

From Jose Abreu, probably the single most important opinion on our roster. All of our young Hispanic players look up to him, and I feel they will follow his example.
    Yes that is true. Again, fans can be fans, even meatballs at times, but the truth is right there sometimes as well for us all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No it's not.
    So , its ok for JR to tell Hahn who to hire? That isn't dysfunctional?

Click here to register!

So , its ok for JR to tell Hahn who to hire? That isn't dysfunctional?

Is it ideal? No. Does it mean thereís a big rift with Hahn? No. Assume as you will. Iíll assume while it might not have been Hahnís choice, Hahn is smart enough to know there arenít many better baseball minds than La Russa.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast