Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: La Russa hired

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I read Duncan turned down his offer to be pitching coach....Bit of a head scratcher...
    He ultimately developed neuropathy in his feet, affecting his balance, and Duncan said, Im not getting around as well as I used to.

I dont think I could get to the mound anymore from the dugout. Theyd have to bring a golf cart in and drive me out to the mound and embarrass myself.

I mean health isn't much of a head scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    So Canseco and Mac were rumors, still?? You mean the smartest man in the room didn't know why these guys went from normal to the Hulk in a offseason in front of his nose!!!! Really...
    So now we are judging Coaches by their roid using players? Man what a world

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/wh...d-us-big-favor

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Click here to register!

Click here to register!

The evolution of a pessimist who will find an issue with any move just because:

1) La Russa is out of touch with modern baseball.
    Counter Argument: He was a step ahead of the curve with modern baseball and has been actively involved in the game with multiple franchises over the last decade. His last world series run, he employed the opener to perfection.

2) La Russa won't be able to relate to our young roster.
    Counter Argument: Any player with dreams and aspirations to be great should be ecstatic to learn from a living legend.

3) La Russa was only hired to right a wrong when Hawk fired him.
    Counter Argument: Yes you are right, all of his accomplishments had absolutely zero to do with it. Just pure nostalgia got him the most coveted opening in MLB. "SARCASM"

4) When all else fails, La Russa was involved with cheaters in the past.
    Counter Argument: I bet the Cardinals wish they could go back in time and not hire La Russa out of moral obligation to him coaching the Bash Brothers. Championships be damned! I bet the Yankees wished they never had Torre as well because he definitely had some roiders under his watch.

Let's stop trying to find every possible negative we can here, and see what he does. Based on resume alone, there isn't a better one, so until he proves he isn't capable of managing a successful MLB baseball team, we hired the best possible coach by the numbers that exists.

Its still disgusting that JR had any say in the decision. He knows nothing about baseball. It isn't about whether La Russa knows how to manage.

Click here to register!

All garbage.

Sarah Spain = Social activist hack.

Most of what was said in those articles was the same, thinly veiled, bigoted, talking points that have little to do with baseball.

Try to imagine a team full of white players having concerns over relating to a black or Hispanic manager....the players would rightfully be blamed for being wrong. Again, hypocracy.

If any of these players actually expressed concerns to the point that they had to go public are try to disqualify a person from doing a job they are qualified to do, then they should have the integrity to identify themselves, go on the record, and not be complete cowards.

No one is being bigoted, that's absurd lmao . There's a reason why Stone isn't applauding the white sox for making the move. There are reasons why smart guys like Bernstein and Holmes are making fun of the Sox.

The results don't matter, its embarrassing that JR forced what he wants on the team. This is a talented team that could even win with a terrible manager, like KC did.

This was the wrong move, because JR should keep his mouth shut. Let the baseball guy make the baseball decision, not his dumb ***.

Last edited by blams; 10-30-2020 at 04:18 PM.

Click here to register!

Sounds good, but let the true baseball people judge the hiring not bloggers and media pundits who have alterterior motives.

And Im still not convinced that Stone was against the hiring based on what I read. That seems like one interpretation at best.

Also, please explain in what world, referring to a person as an old white guy in a discussion about job qualifications is not bigoted. You cant be serious.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 10-30-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Everyone in here made fun of Kenny Williams (With JR's blessings) for going out and got "his" guys way past their primes!!!! But now somehow this is different??? This what I am saying with exception of Thome all the other guys brought in past their primes were busts.............You guys don't see the irony here....Ok, what ever, its cool.....And before anyone says" well his a manager" he doesn't have to hit, run and catch...Is nonsense.

Not surprised politics has come into this. Unfortunately that's where were at as a society today...

I'll say it again. If it results in turmoil (players asking for trades, Hahn leaving), I'm officially done with this organization. I'm not denying JR influenced this decision, but I would hope he's not dumb enough to hire a friend knowing it'll ruin this team.

I'm not worried about TLR adjusting to today's game. 2011 wasn't that long ago, and he's been working in front offices since then. Baseball had changed a lot when he managed in the 70s/80s to the 00s and he didn't seem to have a problem adjusting. He understands the game better than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    He ultimately developed neuropathy in his feet, affecting his balance, and Duncan said, Im not getting around as well as I used to.

I dont think I could get to the mound anymore from the dugout. Theyd have to bring a golf cart in and drive me out to the mound and embarrass myself.

I mean health isn't much of a head scratcher.
    Ok.... didn't know that, I guess I should google everyone La Russa talks to from now on....lol

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    The evolution of a pessimist who will find an issue with any move just because:

1) La Russa is out of touch with modern baseball.
    Counter Argument: He was a step ahead of the curve with modern baseball and has been actively involved in the game with multiple franchises over the last decade. His last world series run, he employed the opener to perfection.

2) La Russa won't be able to relate to our young roster.
    Counter Argument: Any player with dreams and aspirations to be great should be ecstatic to learn from a living legend.

3) La Russa was only hired to right a wrong when Hawk fired him.
    Counter Argument: Yes you are right, all of his accomplishments had absolutely zero to do with it. Just pure nostalgia got him the most coveted opening in MLB. "SARCASM"

4) When all else fails, La Russa was involved with cheaters in the past.
    Counter Argument: I bet the Cardinals wish they could go back in time and not hire La Russa out of moral obligation to him coaching the Bash Brothers. Championships be damned! I bet the Yankees wished they never had Torre as well because he definitely had some roiders under his watch.

Let's stop trying to find every possible negative we can here, and see what he does. Based on resume alone, there isn't a better one, so until he proves he isn't capable of managing a successful MLB baseball team, we hired the best possible coach by the numbers that exists.
    Why don't you speak about his days with the D-BACKS..........He hired his friend's one was Dave Stuart (GM no experience) and the other was a friend also for Sabermetrics....Believe the guy was a veterinarian....My GOD those were moves right after he quit coaching....They all got fired including TL!!!!

Those are facts..........not pessimism...

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast