Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: La Russa hired

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Stone is clearly not thrilled, and the dude is a genius baseball wise

He's amused by the hiring

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Seems like he likes the move

Disagreed, he's reaching for "old guys are good for society" bs instead of actually going into detail why he was the right pick by the Sox gm (he wasn't) to fit this exact group of guys (he wasnt) at this time (not likely, dude hasn't managed for almost 9 years or something like that)

JR brought his old *** friend aboard. **** him, its ****ing stupid. Hahn should (figuratively) spit in the guys face. What an insult.

Stone knows there were better fits and Hahn knows more about baseball that JR. He almost made it a "its him or me" situation.

Its nothing more than nepotism

Last edited by blams; 10-29-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Disagreed, he's reaching for "old guys are good for society" bs instead of actually going into detail why he was the right pick by the Sox gm (he wasn't) to fit this exact group of guys (he wasnt) at this time (not likely, dude hasn't managed for almost 9 years or something like that)

JR brought his old *** friend aboard. **** him, its ****ing stupid. Hahn should (figuratively) spit in the guys face. What an insult.

Stone knows there were better fits and Hahn knows more about baseball that JR. He almost made it a "its him or me" situation.

I don't think there was a perfect fit for the team. No matter how qualified people think Hinch/Cora are, they cheated. I'm just glad we didn't go with a random/former player with no experience like Pierzynski. TLR's been involved in baseball since his retirement from managing so I don't think he's out of touch either.

Time will tell how this goes. I really can't see him being worse than Ricky.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Seems like he likes the move
    Same here I got nothing from those tweets making me think Stone was against the hire. In fact the opposite

Hopefully this is a 2 year contract with a bench coach with a lot of potential to sit and learn

La Russa hired

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Hopefully this is a 2 year contract with a bench coach with a lot of potential to sit and learn
    As many have said AJ would be awesome but I wonder how this team would mesh with his personality when already trying to work with TLR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there was a perfect fit for the team. No matter how qualified people think Hinch/Cora are, they cheated. I'm just glad we didn't go with a random/former player with no experience like Pierzynski. TLR's been involved in baseball since his retirement from managing so I don't think he's out of touch either.

Time will tell how this goes. I really can't see him being worse than Ricky.
    Oh, he'll be better than Renteria. It isn't about that though, its about JR pulling the strings ...and so obviously.

Click here to register!

Oh, he'll be better than Renteria. It isn't about that though, its about JR pulling the strings ...and so obviously.

Yeah definitely. I'll be livid if this results in Hahn's departure.

Yeah definitely. I'll be livid if this results in Hahn's departure.
    I really donít think Hahn is gonna be that mad about our owner wanting La Russa for a couple/few years. This isnít like Jerry Krause wanting His boy Floyd over the legend Phil Jackson.

Maybe our owner did handpick Tony La Russa. He more then likely did. At least he handpicked arguably one of the best coaches of all time. And I donít buy the ďgame passed him byĒ narrative. Heís been heavily involved in the game since he retired. He helped usher in a dynasty with the Cards. He helped build the foundation for a Long term winning program. He knows what it takes to win.

Stone is clearly not thrilled, and the dude is a genius baseball wise

He's amused by the hiring

You don't read well do you?

Stone is clearly in favor based on what you posted. You should sit this one out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You don't read well do you?

Stone is clearly in favor based on what you posted. You should sit this one out as well.
    I read plenty well, and I disagree

Click here to register!

I read plenty well, and I disagree

And I will defend your right to disagree no matter how wrong you are....again.

he's reaching for "old guys are good for society" bs instead of actually going into detail why he was the right pick by the Sox gm (he wasn't) to fit this exact group of guys (he wasnt) at this time (not likely, dude hasn't managed for almost 9 years or something like that)

Please.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee1981 View Post
    They go to the World Series Iíll bet youíre dumbass will be back. Easy drama queen
    Easy you self.....That dude has been on here over a decade....And he's got a right to be upset...You on the other hand can just go away and we'll be fine.
    Last edited by Bainsy; 10-30-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    he's reaching for "old guys are good for society" bs instead of actually going into detail why he was the right pick by the Sox gm (he wasn't) to fit this exact group of guys (he wasnt) at this time (not likely, dude hasn't managed for almost 9 years or something like that)

Please.
    I mean, its true. Its ****ing nepotism, I would have loved to see Hahn actually quit over this (supposedly he was close)

**** JR.

Click here to register!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast