Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: La Russa hired

I am done with the White Sox

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    I am done with the White Sox
    See ya

Since being hired before last season, La Russa has taken an active role in the organization. The Hall of Fame manager has traveled to nearly every road game, been in attendance for most home games and served as a mentor for manager Alex Cora.

“He’s been an important part of the organization, a guy who is always available,” Cora said Friday. "He sees the game in a different way where it’s positive for everybody. One thing about this game, everybody feels it has to be this way, numbers-wise. There’s more than that. You’ve got to deal with media, players and the fan base and all that. He has been through everything."

La Russa, who managed three different teams from 1979 to 2011 and won three World Series titles, spent more than two years in Major League Baseball’s league office before taking over the Diamondbacks as “chief baseball officer” in May 2014. He departed the Arizona organization after the 2017 season and immediately latched on with Dombrowski, with whom he worked in the White Sox organization in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

La Russa, who turns 75 early next month, was brought in at least partly to serve as a consultant for Cora in his first year at the helm in 2018.

“He’s always on top of the game, watching what’s going on,” Cora said. “Giving me a checkup every 15 days. Wrote me a letter with the things he saw that were positive and then not-so-positive. I think that’s good. In every season, there’s different things that go on. Maybe you see it one way and somebody sees it a different way and changes your mind. I think that’s something he taught me last year and this year, too.”

https://www.masslive.com/redsox/2019...cora-says.html

Just in case anyone wants to know how out of touch with today's game La Russa is! The Red Sox brought him in to be Cora's consultant. From Cora's mouth, La Russa was always on top of the game. If he was so out of touch with today's game, why did teams want him to be so heavily involved?

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    See ya
    Bye

Feel like I'm back in the 80s. But happy with the decision, Tony has been a winner everywhere he managed.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Since being hired before last season, La Russa has taken an active role in the organization. The Hall of Fame manager has traveled to nearly every road game, been in attendance for most home games and served as a mentor for manager Alex Cora.

“He’s been an important part of the organization, a guy who is always available,” Cora said Friday. "He sees the game in a different way where it’s positive for everybody. One thing about this game, everybody feels it has to be this way, numbers-wise. There’s more than that. You’ve got to deal with media, players and the fan base and all that. He has been through everything."

La Russa, who managed three different teams from 1979 to 2011 and won three World Series titles, spent more than two years in Major League Baseball’s league office before taking over the Diamondbacks as “chief baseball officer” in May 2014. He departed the Arizona organization after the 2017 season and immediately latched on with Dombrowski, with whom he worked in the White Sox organization in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

La Russa, who turns 75 early next month, was brought in at least partly to serve as a consultant for Cora in his first year at the helm in 2018.

“He’s always on top of the game, watching what’s going on,” Cora said. “Giving me a checkup every 15 days. Wrote me a letter with the things he saw that were positive and then not-so-positive. I think that’s good. In every season, there’s different things that go on. Maybe you see it one way and somebody sees it a different way and changes your mind. I think that’s something he taught me last year and this year, too.”

https://www.masslive.com/redsox/2019...cora-says.html

Just in case anyone wants to know how out of touch with today's game La Russa is! The Red Sox brought him in to be Cora's consultant. From Cora's mouth, La Russa was always on top of the game. If he was so out of touch with today's game, why did teams want him to be so heavily involved?
    Couldn't really give a **** what Cora has to say.....But what your saying La Russa was his mentor in 2018....Didn't the Red Sox cheat that year, too? And Cora got suspended....Must of been some "cool" letters.........

7. 10-29-2020, 08:05 PM
    Reason
    No need for the insults

Just like the Cubs getting rid of Renteria for Maddon. Hopefully produces the same result as the Cubs, a championship.

I could understand being upset about taking La Russa over Hinch (I'm not), but I've heard suggestions that Pierzynski would have been a better fit. I think that's ridiculous.

https://www.radio.com/kmox/local-spo...the-first-time

I’d take Yadi in a heartbeat if McCann gets paid elsewhere. Says he wants to play 2 more years.

Tweet i found interesting...

The most interesting thing to watch with the Sox this winter will be how much Reinsdorf spends on players to support La Russa. He very well may go all-in. Considering Tony’s age, he probably should.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Tweet i found interesting...

The most interesting thing to watch with the Sox this winter will be how much Reinsdorf spends on players to support La Russa. He very well may go all-in. Considering Tony’s age, he probably should.
    I think Jerry is 100% going for broke this offseason.

Sign Bauer
    Sign FA RF'er
    Option A (Expensive Option): Sign Springer
    Option B (Veteran Short Term Option): Sign Brantley
    Option C (Cheaper Platoon Option): Sign Joc Pederson (RHP) & Adam Engel (LHP)
    Sign FA Veteran RHP Reliever
    Trevor May, Trevor Rosenthal, Liam Hendriks, Blake Treinen, Etc.
    Sign Yadi Molina to replace McCann if he signs elsewhere. Let Yadi and La Russa ride off into the sunset together while winning us a ship!

Reinsdorf having influence like he did, this is a JR move not a Hahn move, makes this absolutely stupid. **** JR, no matter what happens with this team honestly. He doesn't know baseball any more than you or I do. He's an idiot. This puts me over the edge with him.

There's a reason why the Sox are getting made fun of for this. Not because La Russa wasn't a great manager, but because he's kinda a ****** dude and he's just JR's buddy.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Stone is clearly not thrilled, and the dude is a genius baseball wise

He's amused by the hiring

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Reinsdorf having influence like he did, this is a JR move not a Hahn move, makes this absolutely stupid. **** JR, no matter what happens with this team honestly. He doesn't know baseball any more than you or I do. He's an idiot. This puts me over the edge with him.

There's a reason why the Sox are getting made fun of for this. Not because La Russa wasn't a great manager, but because he's kinda a ****** dude and he's just JR's buddy.

Besides fans, whose making fun of move? Also, don’t see the part of stones tweets that point to him being unhappy about it?

Stone says all coaches have been criticized, but he knows they won’t be out managed now....seems he is ok with this

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast