Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: La Russa hired

Looks like the White Sox will not speak on this until at least 12/8.

https://twitter.com/JRFegan/status/1326693931489390593

White Sox are not expected to formally comment on manager Tony La Russa’s DUI arrest and charges until the legal case is resolved.

To that end, there is not a known timeline. The Maricopa County court system website lists a pre-trial conference scheduled for Dec. 8.
    Sox are quite aware of the fan response and questions, I should add, but feel they are obligated to wait for the legal process to resolve.
    This is freaking embarrassing, if Abreu wins the MVP today he is going to be asked about this situation. With the Sox not issuing a statement they are hanging out their players to dry. That's not fair to Abreu, also they have no coaching staff at this time, TLR has NOT contacted any of the Sox players AND free agents are talking about not coming here because of TLR.

Hahn built this team and Jerry is just letting it drown with his love of TLR, it's sick. The whole baseball world is laughing at the Sox.
    Last edited by DaSox_05; 11-12-2020 at 10:58 AM.

I can see his first team meeting...Hi guys I'm a "HOF'er baseball person"....

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Looks like the White Sox will not speak on this until at least 12/8.

https://twitter.com/JRFegan/status/1326693931489390593

This is freaking embarrassing, if Abreu wins the MVP today he is going to be asked about this situation. With the Sox not issuing a statement they are hanging out their players to dry. That's not fair to Abreu, also they have no coaching staff at this time, TLR has NOT contacted any of the Sox players AND free agents are talking about not coming here because of TLR.

Hahn built this team and Jerry is just letting it drown with his love of TLR, it's sick. The whole baseball world is laughing at the Sox.
    It's not only embarrassing, it's total cowardice...

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    It's not only embarrassing, it's total cowardice...
    It's totally the right thing to do is to let the legal system run it's course first.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    It's totally the right thing to do is to let the legal system run it's course first.
    No, not offering any public comment is not the right thing to do.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Apparently not.......They released a statement....So your wrong again!

What a joke of a statement, honestly. If he doesn't get convicted it just means he has the influence and money to get out of it.

Our legal system is so ****ed.

They didn't use this opportunity to acknowledge how serious drunk driving is, either. ****in JR is such an idiot.

Click here to register!

Sounds like the Nazis want to skip the entire judicial process, and go straight to the death sentence. Nice!

No one has said or implied that. He has money, so thanks to our ****ed legal system its silly to put any credence into whether he is "convicted" or serves time.

That's just the way the system works. Pay to play.

He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. This is his second and he's 76, its likely he just drives drunk often and doesn't get caught. It's not his first rodeo

His character obviously isn't something that is respected. He is probably a good manager still but it doesn't change that.

Click here to register!

Well in positive news, the Outspoken Trevor Bauer has gave his thoughts, and while he agrees that this will turn some away, and that could be bad, he would rather let the process play out and get to meet La Russa face to face to see what his coaching philosophy is.

He also brought in to question how La Russa will be in regards to analytics. I get a sneaking suspicion based on Bauer's Tweet Polls whether certain pitchers this postseason should have been pulled so fast, that he might not be in total favor of today's analytical playoff decisions with starters.

In short, so far, Bauer hasn't ruled out playing for us, and that's one of the most important things this offseason.

Getting Bauer would be amazing

Click here to register!

I think the analytics is not the end all be all and is being overhyped. Yes, it is important to use available data to find trends and tendencies, as well as strength and weaknesses. But, you have to find a balance between analytics and the eye test to determine the best decisions at any particular time.

If empirical date was always correct, you would never have outliers in performance. Pitchers would never have a bad day and hitters would never go through slumps. If a players just doesn’t have it on a certain day, you have to be able to spot those physical signs, and vice-versa, sometimes a player is in a zone and having a very strong day.
    Everything in moderation and utilizing a balance of all the information at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I think the analytics is not the end all be all and is being overhyped. Yes, it is important to use available data to find trends and tendencies, as well as strength and weaknesses. But, you have to find a balance between analytics and the eye test to determine the best decisions at any particular time.

If empirical date was always correct, you would never have outliers in performance. Pitchers would never have a bad day and hitters would never go through slumps. If a players just doesn’t have it on a certain day, you have to be able to spot those physical signs, and vice-versa, sometimes a player is in a zone and having a very strong day.
    Everything in moderation and utilizing a balance of all the information at hand.
    I agree

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post

100% agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Apparently not.......They released a statement....So your wrong again!
    Saying that they are letting the process run it's course before any comments on the situation.

So, still awaiting you showing me that I am wrong on this. I'll keep using air in the meantime.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast