Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: La Russa hired

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Lol he blew a .09 and Ppl are calling him an alcoholic? Seems a bit far fetched and reactionary
    shh....they love their TLRDS
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Lol he blew a .09 and Ppl are calling him an alcoholic? Seems a bit far fetched and reactionary
    This is his second DUI....Which part of that you don't understand??
    You don't see a pattern of alcoholism?

And it's not like he got pulled over randomly ....He crashed his car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I still donít get the racist claims. A different political view does not automatically equate to racism. If people have issues with the DUIs, then that is a fair concern. But the same people had personal issues with TLR long before the DUI news came out.

I find it ironic that so many are ok with pre-meditated and orchestrated on the field, cheaters being hired, but cry like schoolgirls in response to a hall of fame manager with a dependency illness.

Lastly, if the Sox players canít compete because they do not have the same worldview as their manager, then they were never going to win a championship in the first place. They are going to have much tougher challenges on their way to a WS title than the personal views of their manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    shh....they love their TLRDS
    You guys should really get the facts straight before you comment. He refused to do a breathalyzer test at the scene, they had to get a warrant to get his blood. So he could've been higher at the time when the police arrived and sobered up when he got to the station.

If I were you guys, defending drunk driving is not a hill you should die on.

No one is defending drunk driving. Iím just saying, that doesnít prove alcoholism. Get your facts straight before you comment.

No one is defending drunk driving. Iím just saying, that doesnít prove alcoholism. Get your facts straight before you comment.
    My facts are correct, you laugh off someone being over the legal limit like it's a joke. It's not funny at all!

THIS IS HIS SECOND DUI!!!!

You really think this is only the second time he's ever driven drunk? If you do that's really naive on your part.

Also LaRussa had one of his very own players on the Cardinals die in a drunk driving incident.

In 2020 America of hurt feelings, opinions are king, and optics being everything: not sure how JR (sorry, the "White Sox") can stand by this hire, let alone double down on it.
    Wenn Sie dies lesen durch elektronische ‹bersetzung, Sie sind jetzt noch lahm als Sie waren als Sie zum ersten Mal las und verstand es nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    There are plenty of reasons this move has been laughed at nationwide and it doesn't have anything to do with TLR being a hall of fame manager.

TLR has always been an ***. I wouldn't mind AJ, I also think Ozzie would be a fun choice lol. Hahn came out and said no to Ozzie already iirc.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Well you are right about all the criticism having nothing to do with baseball. And that is my point. The Arizona measure was an anti-illegal immigration measure. Not sure what part of illegal you donít get, but again, it is a political issue.
    If you want to dwell on the DUI, that is a fair argument. But be careful, because if you start disqualifying players and managers for off-field issues, you need to clearly define where you set the bar, and apply it evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    You guys should really get the facts straight before you comment. He refused to do a breathalyzer test at the scene, they had to get a warrant to get his blood. So he could've been higher at the time when the police arrived and sobered up when he got to the station.

If I were you guys, defending drunk driving is not a hill you should die on.
    I think you need to find out how long alcohol lasts in the blood stream and how to extrapolate the time of consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by pentel1980 View Post
    In 2020 America of hurt feelings, opinions are king, and optics being everything: not sure how JR (sorry, the "White Sox") can stand by this hire, let alone double down on it.
    They don't waffle like those that are so weak

I think you need to find out how long alcohol lasts in the blood stream and how to extrapolate the time of consumption.
    Still defending drunk driving.

Drunk driving is wrong.....

What jobs does someone with a DUI qualify for in your opinion? Can they still play a sport? Should they still be in the entertainment industry? Can they hold office?

What other misdemeanors or felonies render someone unqualified for work?

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Still defending drunk driving.
    No it's not. You are still calling it a death penalty though.

No it's not. You are still calling it a death penalty though.
    Right, we all know drunk driving is bad. We all don't condone it. Should that disqualify you from ever working again? Especially if you are good at it or capable? Probably not.

The only thing that should potentially disqualify La Russa from this job is if it truly effects our relationships with players and our ability to land Free Agents. I won't dispute that.

Like I say with every off the field controversy in every sport, I'm watching to see the product on the field. I could give a **** less what these people do with their every day lives. He will pay his punishment. I'm not one to cancel everyone who ever screwed up.

I didn't cancel Ray Lewis. I didn't cancel Michael Vick. I didn't cancel Antonio Brown. I'm not going to cancel Tony La Russa. Does that mean I condone their mistakes. Absolutely not!

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast