Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: La Russa hired

La Russa is so clearly an old , racist, drunken, egotistical *******.

It's gonna be really difficult to see this assbag get credit for the Sox winning, if they do. He's just a bad dude.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I mean I like La Russa, but it's a problem now if players A) Think he's racist B) Think he's an alcoholic and C) Flat out refuse to play for him.

At this point its still so early on, just cut the ties, save face, and get Bochy.

Iíve been sick about this all day. Thereís finally a light at the end of the tunnel and this is how you repay your fan base? I donít get how Jerry can be so blind to how this is coming off. Thereís still time to rectify this mistake and he wonít do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still donít get the racist claims. A different political view does not automatically equate to racism. If people have issues with the DUIs, then that is a fair concern. But the same people had personal issues with TLR long before the DUI news came out.

I find it ironic that so many are ok with pre-meditated and orchestrated on the field, cheaters being hired, but cry like schoolgirls in response to a hall of fame manager with a dependency illness.

Lastly, if the Sox players canít compete because they do not have the same worldview as their manager, then they were never going to win a championship in the first place. They are going to have much tougher challenges on their way to a WS title than the personal views of their manager.

People can be cruel especially sports fans. This is an unfortunate situation and frankly, I am not sure what to say about it other than that and what sockeye said. This situation is like the end of the Pres election. No matter which guy you voted for and even if , like me, you didn't vote , you just want to see the ugly ending over with as soon as possible.
    I would bring in AJ to manage. That would be a popular move with a lot of fans and a controversial selection with others. Either way, it would make people forget this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I still donít get the racist claims. A different political view does not automatically equate to racism. If people have issues with the DUIs, then that is a fair concern. But the same people had personal issues with TLR long before the DUI news came out.

I find it ironic that so many are ok with pre-meditated and orchestrated on the field, cheaters being hired, but cry like schoolgirls in response to a hall of fame manager with a dependency illness.

Lastly, if the Sox players canít compete because they do not have the same worldview as their manager, then they were never going to win a championship in the first place. They are going to have much tougher challenges on their way to a WS title than the personal views of their manager.
    I wouldn't be so quick to give TLR the benefit of the doubt. Even if you do and say he isn't racist, he's still a less than savory character. Who was charged with his 2nd DUI the day before you hired him.

There are plenty of reasons this move has been laughed at nationwide and it doesn't have anything to do with TLR being a hall of fame manager.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    People can be cruel especially sports fans. This is an unfortunate situation and frankly, I am not sure what to say about it other than that and what sockeye said. This situation is like the end of the Pres election. No matter which guy you voted for and even if , like me, you didn't vote , you just want to see the ugly ending over with as soon as possible.
    I would bring in AJ to manage. That would be a popular move with a lot of fans and a controversial selection with others. Either way, it would make people forget this.
    TLR has always been an ***. I wouldn't mind AJ, I also think Ozzie would be a fun choice lol. Hahn came out and said no to Ozzie already iirc.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    You really should get out some.....I'm starting to worry about you!
    When you are done fixing your issues, feel free to offer me assistance.

100% truth

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    100% truth
    https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/st...02625705046017

In 2010, La Russa publicly supported Arizona's odious SB 1070, which essentially encouraged racial profiling of Latinos. Ozzie Guillen bravely spoke out against it. Just sayin'.
    You wanted proof of racism, here you go. Actively trying to profile Latinos, this Sox team is pretty much majority Latino.

https://products.kitsapsun.com/archi...a_russa_o.html

Sun | Sports

The Associated Press ó Feb 24th, 1999

Ron Gant, still angry at Tony La Russa, accused his former manager of racism.

"Rickey Henderson didn't like him, Royce Clayton didn't like him," Gant said in Clearwater, Fla. "He treated Ozzie Smith like dirt. Brian Jordan didn't like him. I don't know too many people who did like him."

All of those players are black.

"That's called unforgivable," La Russa, the St. Louis Cardinals manager, said Tuesday. "That's lower than cheap. But I'm not going to sue him. I'll turn the page."

Gant, traded to Philadelphia during the offseason, said that "if he can't control you as a player, if you're not a 'yes' player, he doesn't want you. If you have your own opinions, he doesn't want you."

La Russa wondered what else Gant accused him of.

"Did he say anything about me kicking animals or robbing old ladies?" the manager said.

La Russa also fired back about Gant's lack of production. Gant struck out 162 times in 1997 and slumped again last season, needing a strong September to end up at .240 with 26 homers and 67 RBIs. In 382 games with the Cardinals during three seasons, he fanned 352 times.

"It was whiff, whiff, whiff," La Russa said. "I really hope he goes to Philly and whiffs for them like he whiffed for us, and we'll see what excuse he makes."

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/st...02625705046017

You wanted proof of racism, here you go. Actively trying to profile Latinos, this Sox team is pretty much majority Latino.
    It's a delicate one I will certainly give you that much
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

So an article that basically showed Gant to be bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    When you are done fixing your issues, feel free to offer me assistance.
    And you should go back to the Cubs forum and get spanked around some more!!!

Lol he blew a .09 and Ppl are calling him an alcoholic? Seems a bit far fetched and reactionary

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    And you should go back to the Cubs forum and get spanked around some more!!!
    why you enjoy men getting spanked is something you should keep private I would imagine.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast