Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: La Russa hired

La Russa hired

Fml

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...76-new-manager

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm ready. As I shared in the offseason thread, Dan Evans praised him to convince me he is the right guy. I'm all in with them on this move.

arguably the smartest man in the game

His head is still in the game. Heís been involved throughout his retirement. This is a great get, and I think he will be grooming his future replacement. They just gave a top 3 manager this century the keys to one of the best situations in baseball.

He also relied heavily on relievers for his last championship, so he knows the modern game...because he invented it

I like the hire. I don't understand the disappointment. Big upgrade over Renteria.

I'm all for it. I think this was the right move. I understand a lot of people are going to be disappointed with this hire but it just feels right.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

Iím fine with this.

Hinch and Cora havenít won crap...legitimately.

Now make my day that much better and announce AJ as his bench coach and heir apparent

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    I like the hire. I don't understand the disappointment. Big upgrade over Renteria.
    Yeah it's not like we went out and hired some mid/upper 70s career average coach. We just hired a top 3 Manager, possibly all time, who used the "modern" opener pitching strategy to win his last World Series. We also didn't just pull a guy off his couch. He's been actively involved in MLB since he retired, and was itching to coach. I'm pretty excited to see what he could do with our great situation. Now lets go out and sign a RF, Trevor Bauer, and some Relievers.

LMAO at all the unwarranted, bigoted comments towards LaRussa. What is wrong with people? Total hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Iím fine with this.

Hinch and Cora havenít won crap...legitimately.

Now make my day that much better and announce AJ as his bench coach and heir apparent
    I read that La Russa wants to bring in Harold Baines. Wonder what role that will be in?

I guess for me, and this applies to all sports, is the continuance of retreads. He's been out of the day-to-day management of a team for almost 10 years, he's almost 80. The very first 3+ game losing streak will bring out the: "he can't relate to today's players", or "he's lost the team". Reinsdorf is trying to clear his conscience with LaRussa. Hire the best manager for today's baseball.

Itís not that LaRussa is a bad manager. Heís one of the best off all time. But he is a terrible fit for the culture of this team. The same guy who chastised tatis for his bat flip is now gonna manage TA7. Itís more of Jerry hiring his buddies and clipping the nuts of Hahn, who definitely didnít want this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast