Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 145
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,105

    Sox sign Eaton to 2 year deal

    1st year is 7 mil
    2nd year is 8.5 team option.


    Meh.

    Big upgrade in RF I guess, but he's just such an ***hat.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,105
    Dude is hated by the Chicago press and caused big problems in the locker room. But I suppose we should expect TLR to keep him in line and ship him out if his antics start.


    https://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien/sta...671712769?s=20

    He was the worst option of the 3 rumored (Brantley/Pederson/Eaton)

    Barely scratched 800 OPS and only in a few seasons , must have been much cheaper option knowing JR. 2018/19 were his best 2 seasons but he looks to be an under 800 ops guy.

    Terrible season last year but only 41 games. I hope they let Engel play over him pretty quickly if he struggles- short leash. Or even Mazara.
    Last edited by blams; 12-08-2020 at 01:58 PM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    13,285
    This is such an underwhelming move. Of all the guys available we get someone who is injury prone and was total *** last year.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,105
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    This is such an underwhelming move. Of all the guys available we get someone who is injury prone and was total *** last year.
    Yeah.

    Honestly though they already have Mazara AND Eaton and an absurdly stacked lineup otherwise so that makes me feel a bit better.


    Spend the money on Bauer and another reliever !

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,105
    The score just making fun of Eaton lmao. Entertaining to say the least. Holmes and Bernstein.


    Engel/Leury/Mazara makes signing Eaton look just so dumb. Bringing in the hustle *** that is going to get Robert hurt.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    13,285
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yeah.

    Honestly though they already have Mazara AND Eaton and an absurdly stacked lineup otherwise so that makes me feel a bit better.


    Spend the money on Bauer and another reliever !
    Mazara is gone. It's Engel and Eaton, but I agree that it's better than last year. Could have been a little better though.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,105
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Mazara is gone. It's Engel and Eaton, but I agree that it's better than last year. Could have been a little better though.
    I just think you gotta give Engel a legit shot to win the RF job since Eaton is the guy you brought in....


    Also, Leury is a decent platoon as well!

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    9,071
    All these cheap moves, now spend on Bauer for ****s sake

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,105
    This *** hung up on ESPN 1000 after a question on TLR was asked.

    He refused to speak with Mark Grote after the infamous Drake LaRoche interview.

    Such an unlikable person. Lmao.
    Last edited by blams; 12-08-2020 at 03:05 PM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    9,633
    As long as he's liked in the clubhouse, I could care less about what media thinks of him. Many professional athletes are/were jerks. Doesn't mean they can't produce.

    Apparently this move was vetted in the clubhouse first, probably mostly with Jose and TA since they were the only ones really around in 2017.

    Eaton's main problem was with LaRoche. I don't recall many other members having an issue with Eaton outside of him.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    13,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    As long as he's liked in the clubhouse, I could care less about what media thinks of him. Many professional athletes are/were jerks. Doesn't mean they can't produce.

    Apparently this move was vetted in the clubhouse first, probably mostly with Jose and TA since they were the only ones really around in 2017.

    Eaton's main problem was with LaRoche. I don't recall many other members having an issue with Eaton outside of him.
    LaRoche was a turd as a person and player. Not surprising

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,105
    Eaton was good with LaRoche iirc

    He is a low iq hustler that will put Robert's health at risk with his stupidity.

    The problem was with the toddfather iirc.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    18,996
    Don't like this at all, he's declining and he is an a**hole.

    There are way better options still available.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    9,071
    The eaton deal doesnít bother me. Itís a 1 + 1 deal if he plays well. Cheap cost. He plays good defense. He makes contact

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    1st year is 7 mil
    2nd year is 8.5 team option.


    Meh.

    Big upgrade in RF I guess, but he's just such an ***hat.
    I hate this deal. He's a jerk and I hated him in his first tour of duty. Plus he had a lousy year and is bad in the clubhouse. Bad Move.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •