Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

White Sox hire Tony La Russa as manager

I like it

This seems like a wild move. This is either great or it will blow up the entire culture of the White Sox... there is no in between lol

Been there, done that...

But then again, Bobby Cox managed the Braves two different times. So did Cito Gaston and John Gibbons in Toronto.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I'm already pumped for the white sox and astros to play each other. Dusty Baker vs La Russa is one of the most underrated rivalries in sports... those guys HATE each other lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    I'm already pumped for the white sox and astros to play each other. Dusty Baker vs La Russa is one of the most underrated rivalries in sports... those guys HATE each other lol
    Baker played for LaRussa on the 1986 A's.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Baker played for LaRussa on the 1986 A's.
    i had no idea about that haha... thats good stuff

This is getting a ton of backlash from Sox fans. Apparently Hahn didn't want La Russa but Reinsdorf overruled him.

Goodbye White Sox

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    This is getting a ton of backlash from Sox fans. Apparently Hahn didn't want La Russa but Reinsdorf overruled him.
    If it results in Hahn leaving, I'll be really pissed. Otherwise, I'm fine with the hire. I don't see this being a long-term commitment given his age.

Seems like the worst fit possible to manage a young fun ballclub. He'll be benching Tim Anderson for a bat flip by the end of first week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Seems like the worst fit possible to manage a young fun ballclub. He'll be benching Tim Anderson for a bat flip by the end of first week.
    Doubt it. He was questioned pretty hard in his presser and seemed like he understands the situation. We'll see.

So Bochy was reportedly their 2nd choice. Not sure how you can justify going La Russa over Bochy, assuming Bochy definitely wants to return.

Didn't see this coming with Hinch (or even Cora) available. LaRussa is a good baseball man but at his age, how long will be be able to handle the rigors of life on the road? Can he handle the players of today?

I guess Lasorda was not available.

Says volumes that a majority of White Sox fans that I have seen are not at all happy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast