Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2020-21 Off-Season

The team has quite a few guys that will be free agents.
    From the Twins official website:
    Nelson Cruz, Marwin Gonzalez, Jake Odorizzi, Alex Avila, Rich Hill, Tyler Clippard, Trevor May, Ehire Adrianza and Homer Bailey (who was designated for assignment at the end of the regular season) are bound for free agency.
    Who, among these guys, would you like to see the Twins bring back?

Nellie for sure ... 2 year contract with a mutual option 2nd year....

Don't think I sign the rest... there are going to be some guys coming up that can fill some holes. Hopefully we can find one more starter with some studness qualities.... let the 5th spot be for the rookies to fight over....

Frankly, I would like to see Cruz back in Minnesota for another couple of years. Odorizzi would be nice to keep, too. When he is healthy, he is a solid pitcher. May is possibly going to close soon.

The Twins added a couple of arms off the waiver wire:
    https://www.mlb.com/twins/news/twins...ll-off-waivers
    Neither is a household name at this time, but both have had some success in the bigs. Maybe a different set of eyes will bring them to the fullest of their abilities.

Nellie is the key imo, if we don't sign him back then I want us to use that money for pitching

https://www.mlb.com/twins/news/twins...eeds-and-moves
    Obviously, the Twins need to bring in some solid arms, but they could use another utility guy. They have always had the "Swiss Army Knife" sort of player that they can plug in at any position. I think Denny Hocking may have been my favorite of those sorts of guys.
    Nelson Cruz was on MLB Network's "Hot Stove" this morning and said that he really wants to be back with the Twins. I could see it happening for 2/$35MM with some incentives that would bring it up to about $45MM.
    Last edited by catman; 11-05-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Its time to see Gordon up and playing. He needs to take over Gonzalezs and Andrianzas job. I am tired of this guy being 25 and being in the minors. All the hype this guy had and now you never hear of him. Move up or move on.

I agree about Gordon. We have been reading about him for several years and he needs to come up and play well. I was shocked in '19 when the Red Wings played him at SS rather than 2B, though. SS was pretty settled then and 2B was wide open. 2B seems to be in good hands with Arraez playing there, but Polanco is not as solid at SS now. The Twins may need Gordon to play at SS full-time and move Polanco to the utility spot.

By the way, Vegas odds-makers have Cruz at -150 to return to the Twins. I hope they are right. I see 2 years with a low-base, incentive laden contract. It would be great to see him retire as a Twin.

Derek Law to the Twins. Not a huge pickup, but he has a decent arm and could be pretty good.
    Hopefully, this is only the first of a number of signings.

Twins add a Taiwanese player Tzu-Wei Lin to the infield mix. He has some MLB experience, with limited success, but he can play all over the field.

Earlier, in a transaction that didn't get a lot of press, the Twins added Rob Refsnyder. He is another guy that can play nearly everywhere.

Fernando Romero gone

That's too bad. He has a great arm and was, at one time, a very highly rated prospect.
    Here is the latest from Derek Falvey:https://www.mlb.com/twins/video/dere...on-nelson-cruz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast