Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Dynasty

New Dynasty

It's not just me who's asking the question.

https://www.mlb.com/news/dodgers-dyn...rld-series-win

At what point do we consider the dodgers a dynasty?

They should have at least 2 maybe 3 titles if they weren't getting cheated. If they win Back-Back are they a dynasty?

New Dynasty

They’re going to have to win at least 2 more in the next 4 seasons to be a dynasty.

Giants are the closest thing to a dynasty baseball has seen since the 90s00s Yankees. I could stretch the Giants being a dynasty but those years in between completely missing the post season puts a damper on things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    They’re going to have to win at least 2 more in the next 4 seasons to be a dynasty.

Giants are the closest thing to a dynasty baseball has seen since the 90s00s Yankees. I could stretch the Giants being a dynasty but those years in between completely missing the post season puts a damper on things.

At the very least they would need to win back-back it silences any of the * non-sense on this season, then you really have to examine the last half decade and how they ran into great teams that were found to be cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    At the very least they would need to win back-back it silences any of the * non-sense on this season, then you really have to examine the last half decade and how they ran into great teams that were found to be cheating.
    Sox weren't cheating come playoff time they just kicked the Dodgers ***

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Excuse me while I laugh my ****ing *** off.

won by coming back down 3-1 vs a super injured team because said team cant spend 200 plus million in a shortened season like the dodgers can........... then went on to beat another team with minus half the payroll all while having a pitcher who constantly chokes not having to run 3 times his starts keeping him fresh......... yea total dynasty in your imagination............ giants/phillies/yankees/redsox/astros------------------------>dodgers during their championships and its not close.

I'm still perplexed as to why that article was created over at MLB.COM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSve...ab_channel=MLB

just remember who owns your soul....and the sad part is we own the dodgers and the giants own us so why the **** are dodger fans gloating? if we own dodgers and giants own us?????????????????????? simple math people.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    won by coming back down 3-1 vs a super injured team because said team cant spend 200 plus million in a shortened season like the dodgers can........... then went on to beat another team with minus half the payroll all while having a pitcher who constantly chokes not having to run 3 times his starts keeping him fresh......... yea total dynasty in your imagination............ giants/phillies/yankees/redsox/astros------------------------>dodgers during their championships and its not close.
    The Astros literally cheated to win their's and so did the Redsox, unless your talking about a previous year like 2013.
    Are you saying the 2014 giants were a better or deeper or more productive on-field team than this 2020 dodgers team?
    I would absolutely put this 2020 team up against even the best version of the giants.
    The Phillies team that won wasn't even their best team that was probably the 2010 team, honestly.

This dodgers team is as good as the 2018 cheating Redsox, (who btw spent MORE money than these dodgers) and they're as good as even the 98 yankees who speant a **** ton too. g

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSve...ab_channel=MLB

just remember who owns your soul....and the sad part is we own the dodgers and the giants own us so why the **** are dodger fans gloating? if we own dodgers and giants own us?????????????????????? simple math people.
    That's not how any of this works.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Tired argument. Yankees Dodgers or anyone else during those two seasons have zero idea how they would’ve turned out. No guarantee Dodgers beat the AL rep if the Astros are out.

Sure they ran into the cheating teams and well so did everyone else.

Due to Dodgers underperforming for so long, they’d def need to win 2 out of the next 4 (2.5 out of 4.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

With all due respect to the Dodgers, they have to nail down at least 2 more over the next 3-4 years to even discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    With all due respect to the Dodgers, they have to nail down at least 2 more over the next 3-4 years to even discuss it.
    No including the previous 5 years where they were basically the best team in baseball winning two pennants, and only losing to cheaters.

Ordinarily I'd say they need 3 in a 5 year span. But I think you have to take into consideration that they went to the WS in 2017 & 2018. Were probably one bad pitching decision away from going in 2019 (yes I know that's debatable but considering how the Cardinals looked in the NLCS last year I'm going with it).

Baseball is such a long season so to see a team win back to back (20 & 21) with having been in the mix since 2017. I think it would be fair to call them a dynasty.

The days of calling teams a dynasty from the 70's, 80's, & 90's I don't think are apples to apples with present day. It's such a different game as it used to be.

Gotta remember in baseball you don't just have to be a great team. You also need some luck on your side. You can call it luck or bad decisions but even the Dodgers benefited off some key plays that helped put them in the WS & even won it. Now, they gave away key runs to so it balances out.

I love a good laugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast