Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I griped during the game that on one series they ran the same exact play 3 times from the goal line. It's one thing to be confident that your line and RB can get a single yard, but the line was patchwork with 2nd and 3rd stringers. At some point you'd expect Gruden to call another play, or Carr to audible out of it to something else.
    Considering how well we'd been running the ball overall I was okay with it. There really was no reason to believe we couldn't have punched it in on the ground. Would probably have given Booker a crack at it on one play though.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Pre-game IV? Is that like when you take pre-party shots before heading out to the club?

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    Considering how well we'd been running the ball overall I was okay with it. There really was no reason to believe we couldn't have punched it in on the ground. Would probably have given Booker a crack at it on one play though.
    Not knocking that we tried a run play 3 times, but the exact same run play? I was listening to the radio broadcast simultaneously and even Lincoln Kennedy chided Gruden for it. Jon knows better than that. Our goal line running playlist is probably 10 miles long, even with a back-up line. A different hole, a different player, a different look might have made the difference. Not going to harp on it too much, I just don't want to see that happen again, unless the game is no longer in doubt.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 11-02-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    New York looked at this evidence and literally and knowingly said no TD. Thatís cheating

Game Thread was full of people *****ing about Carrs poor pass when he Ruggs were perfect
    If Carr had thrown the ball on Ruggs break instead of holding it so long, Ruggs was at the sideline, there would have been no question. Kinda like when Ruggs was wide open earlier and Carr held the ball til coverage showed up then overthrew him by 15 yards. Or when Agalor was at the front corner of the endzone, instead of low and away, he threw it high and inside toward coverage. Carr's passes made this game a lot closer that it needed to be. Good win, but could have been a blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    If Carr had thrown the ball on Ruggs break instead of holding it so long, Ruggs was at the sideline, there would have been no question. Kinda like when Ruggs was wide open earlier and Carr held the ball til coverage showed up then overthrew him by 15 yards. Or when Agalor was at the front corner of the endzone, instead of low and away, he threw it high and inside toward coverage. Carr's passes made this game a lot closer that it needed to be. Good win, but could have been a blowout.
    35mph winds they had no business passing deep. Hence why the ball sailed 10 yards north of the target. That Ruggs TD pass was on the money
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

The wind was clocked over 40 miles per hour at times. Very hard to hit someone deep when the ball moves 10 yards in any direction. There were a couple passes he could have done better, but he was NOT at fault for the close score, not at all. Quite the opposite I think.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    The wind was clocked over 40 miles per hour at times. Very hard to hit someone deep when the ball moves 10 yards in any direction. There were a couple passes he could have done better, but he was NOT at fault for the close score, not at all. Quite the opposite I think.
    I myself was encouraged with Derekís performance last Sunday. Speaking past tense those were the types of conditions I used to accuse him of folding up in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I myself was encouraged with Derekís performance last Sunday. Speaking past tense those were the types of conditions I used to accuse him of folding up in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, I think he showed a little Moxie. He wasn't perfect, but he showed some fire and grit by running when he should and being a vocal leader. Those were tough conditions against a pretty good team.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Oh boy!!! Carrs on an MVP level run and you are still deriding him. Just shut the flip up we are all tired of it seriously. Great pass great catch it was a TD refs cheated got it?

On long pass (besides 35mph) it looked like Carr was expecting Ruggs to turn up field and Ruggs cut to sideline. Itís subtle differences that develop with playing time. Which they havenít had yet so chill the **** out we won.

On that overthrown pass to Ruggs.....first off, they were going into the windiest part of the stadium.
    They did much better in the 2nd and the 4th, when they were going the other way. Just for 2 examples....look at the 2 FG's that were attempted at the bad end. Those were pretty bad conditions.

Oh boy!!! Carrs on an MVP level run and you are still deriding him. Just shut the flip up we are all tired of it seriously. Great pass great catch it was a TD refs cheated got it?

On long pass (besides 35mph) it looked like Carr was expecting Ruggs to turn up field and Ruggs cut to sideline. Itís subtle differences that develop with playing time. Which they havenít had yet so chill the **** out we won.
    I agree, Carr and Ruggs haven't had much time together really, between no workouts and preseason, plus Ruggs missing some time I fully expect them to develop better timing and for Ruggs to get better at his route running etc...

Not related just to this game, but the Raiders were officially just docked a 6th round pick.

Honestly if you're sick of it, simply ignore my posts or block me, I really don't care. You see things your way I see them mine. Ruggs was wide open in the middle of the end zone before cutting to the side line. Carr was late forcing Ruggs to the sideline. As for him "thinking Ruggs was going up field" you must have a great relationship with Carr to get that info.. SMH... Ruggs was 15 yards open before Carr threw that ball If he's the fastest guy on the field, get him the ball and let him run. I get there was a lot of wind but that pass was also late and overthrown. Get Ruggs the ball on time and let him do his thing. As for you saying I'm just a hater, look back to when Carr was drafted. I wanted him in the first round and was stoked, we got him in the second. I supported him until he got injured and started playing scared. I defended him when he was blamed for Amari Cooper's failures and stuck with him until it was obvious (to me) that he was soft and scared. Been a fan of this team since the 70's win lose or tie, I'm still here. I will cheer the good plays and call out what I think could / should be better. While Carr is getting back to where he was in 2016, he still can (and needs to) improve. Just saying what I see, from my own point of view. Nothing personal but if my opinion offends you, block me.
    Last edited by cykoraider; 11-06-2020 at 10:17 PM.

What a win! We got lucky chargers a good team. We should have not kept them in it but it is what it is. Games like these can help our defense moral.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    What a win! We got lucky chargers a good team. We should have not kept them in it but it is what it is. Games like these can help our defense moral.
    Chargers gonna charge.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021