Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    Come on now brother, you canít say his absence doesnít hurt our o-line play? Heís a mammoth of a man with skills to boot. What a shame.
    You'd have to admit,,,,,he wasn't needed today. He is a force when he's in.....IF he's IN.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    You'd have to admit,,,,,he wasn't needed today. He is a force when he's in.....IF he's IN.
    He makes Jacobs elite. There, I said it

He makes Jacobs elite. There, I said it
    Jacobs and Booker looked good today w/o Brown. I hope he's OK, but he and Young being out is getting a little old.

Last edited by HunterNRoss; 11-01-2020 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    After watching this game, let me ask y'all:

How many career wins would Derek Carr have if he played for Baltimore or Pittsburgh?

If Derek Carr had a top-16 defense every year, would he still have a losing record? I don't think so.
    He'd have multiple Super Bowl rings.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Wow, I didn't know it was that serious. I guess they downplayed it so as not to alarm his family? You're right, he could have died from that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Wow, I didn't know it was that serious. I guess they downplayed it so as not to alarm his family? You're right, he could have died from that.
    Yea that is very serious. Downplayed by the Raiders staff but thats completely on the medical staff on not Trent Brown. 1150 people had died this year to air embolism.
    Last edited by HunterNRoss; 11-01-2020 at 07:30 PM. Reason: corrected wrong info

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    I don't think even Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers would have succeeded here.
    No one would have. Otto Graham to Russell Wilson.

I didnít like the optics of how Carr handled himself through all of that and ghosts of QBís past that bothered me. But I also have a Gen X bias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a scary situation. I hope Trent Brown is ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Thanks for that! Hope he's OK, and gets home soon! Just bad luck.

Derek Carr has earned his paycheck this year. Heís doing everything that can be asked of a leader. Iím glad heís proved me wrong, heís worked on his craft and is playing with a chip on his shoulder. That being said, whether heís elite is a debate thatís worth discussing.
    Not elite, but very very good. And since elite ain't walking in the door, I'll take it.

I think his career has shown heís a streaky player.
    It wasn't so much the streaky from game to game that killed me, everyone has good and bad games. It was the tendency within games to have a couple of elite throws and great looking drives, mixed with a number of pathetic 3 and outs or stupid mistakes where he looked like a rookie out of D-II.

This year we're 7 games in and that Jekyll and Hyde crap has not happened. He's managed to mostly be "good Carr," and minimized the "WTF are you doing" moments that plagued him in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    Not elite, but very very good. And since elite ain't walking in the door, I'll take it.

It wasn't so much the streaky from game to game that killed me, everyone has good and bad games. It was the tendency within games to have a couple of elite throws and great looking drives, mixed with a number of pathetic 3 and outs or stupid mistakes where he looked like a rookie out of D-II.

This year we're 7 games in and that Jekyll and Hyde crap has not happened. He's managed to mostly be "good Carr," and minimized the "WTF are you doing" moments that plagued him in the past.
    I think that is due to the Gruden effect.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I think that is due to the Gruden effect.
    Youíre probably right but Olsen and Gruden arenít doing him any favors with the vanilla play calling.

Youíre probably right but Olsen and Gruden arenít doing him any favors with the vanilla play calling.
    I make allowances, especially today. Hey, if the run game is working, stay with it, Kudos to whoever was the one who picked the direction they were going after losing the toss. I believe that had a big impact in the 2nd and 4th. Wasn't exactly optimum pass conditions.

That is very series. Brown can't catch a break at this point.

On a good note Brandon Parker looked decent today.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast