Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It's been pretty well documented that the CP3 to OKC was a Tilman Fertitta move and not a Morey move.
    Doesn't matter who wanted it. Morey made the move as GM after telling CP3 he wouldn't.
    https://vendettasportsmedia.com/chri...s-daryl-morey/

He will play for Buss and Lebron before he ever listen to Morey again. Its all about trust.
    Last edited by cattusmaru; 10-29-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    The total salaries remaining is a lot more than 60 mil and you totally missed OKC agenda on getting rid of CP3 as well [emoji1751]
    Whos talking total salary? Do you understand how trades work? Honest question.

Doesn't matter who wanted it. Morey made the move as GM after telling CP3 he wouldn't.

He will play for Buss and Lebron before he ever listen to Morey again. Its all about trust.
    Morey can still trade for him. Are you suggeating that Morey cant trade for Paul because Pauls feelings might be hurt? Cmon now.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you could easily trade ben who has way more value than booker.... you could trade joel... you could trade horford who will likely be traded because teams need him.............. there is a ton of trades we can make to better our spacing and our team............ no chance i want booker though **** that. Id rather have ben 10 times out of 10 times over booker... booker is trash
    As of right now Booker is probably better than Ben. Youll have a very hard time trading Horford but you arenít getting Booker in a trade including him.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    As of right now Booker is probably better than Ben. Youll have a very hard time trading Horford but you arenít getting Booker in a trade including him.
    I keep circling back to the Kings for Al Horford who were interested in the offseason. A lot of talk about Buddy Hield in some type of package and that would be ideal. I also wouldn't put it past him to do a S/T for Bogdan Bogdanovic or flip Horford straight up for Harrison Barnes.

The Kings adding Horford probably helps Fox as much as it would Bagley and both of them are the building blocks for that franchise. They don't really have any hopes of a free agent the next 1-2 years so it could make some sense for a trade with them.

and as always..it only takes two to tango and we've seen some **** trades over the years

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Horford and Harris combined is 60 mill. thats to much salary. Plus Thybulle??
    Thats alot for a 35 year old Paul.
    But in the long-term, their contracts run out before all the young guys you're developing need to get paid. Horford will go off the books just as Thybulle needs to get paid, and Harris a year later. Plus Harris can approximate what Gallinari did. Both he and Horford will also be massive expirings Oklahoma can couple with picks to trade for another star, since free agents won't go there.
    And how is that a lot for Paul? Philly gets to dump its two worst contracts for the price of Thybulle and adds a legitimate leader and game-closer in Paul who only has two years left on his deal. That's a steal of a deal for Philly. If anything, Philly should have to trade Thybulle and Milton.

Why would OKC even remotely consider it? They are trying to get rid of CP3 to eliminate paying 2 years of salary down to one year with expiring contracts from other teams so they can use all their drafts picks to rebuild their roster. NOT add more years and salary and vets to their young roster otherwise they're better off just keeping CP3 [emoji1751]
    Besides it was Morey who traded CP3 to OKC. If he had prefer CP3, he would have traded Harden to OKC to ball with Westy and not the other way around so their history is not good [emoji1751]
    But your still wondering if OKC would take your suggestion or not? Well this would be their response [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji81]
    You might want to practice your emoji-linking skills . Like I wrote above, Horford and Harris' contracts will run out as the young guys need to get paid, and Oklahoma can add a potential star guard in the process and have the best defensive back court in the NBA with Shai and Thybulle. I could see Oklahoma pushing for Milton too, if they don't think Thybulle is enticing enough.
    As for Morey trading Paul, anyone who pays attention knows that decision was driven by Ferttita and Harden. Paul was better for Oklahoma City than Westbrook. Morey probably also knows how good Paul would be with Simmons and Embiid.

Morey can still trade for him. Are you suggeating that Morey cant trade for Paul because Pauls feelings might be hurt? Cmon now.
    Kobe and Phil reunited a year after Phil trashed him in his book and called him uncoachable. llullzz

It 100% matters lol

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    But in the long-term, their contracts run out before all the young guys you're developing need to get paid. Horford will go off the books just as Thybulle needs to get paid, and Harris a year later. Plus Harris can approximate what Gallinari did. Both he and Horford will also be massive expirings Oklahoma can couple with picks to trade for another star, since free agents won't go there.
    And how is that a lot for Paul? Philly gets to dump its two worst contracts for the price of Thybulle and adds a legitimate leader and game-closer in Paul who only has two years left on his deal. That's a steal of a deal for Philly. If anything, Philly should have to trade Thybulle and Milton.
    I don't understand the bolded? Why should Philly trade Thybulle and Milton??

The 6ers are very high on Thybulle, hes under contract until 2023 and only makes 2.7, 2.8, & 4.3 mill in that span with team options on the last two years. They are already thin in their back court. Why would they throw Thybulle in that deal as a sweetener to land a 35 year old Paul? hes only 23 years old. Then you want to add a 28 year old Harris and all OKC has to do is absorb Horford who is old but is still younger than Paul?

I understand your logic and it make sense timing wise but this is an over payment for Paul at this stage of his career. Hes 35 years old, how many great years do you think he has remaining?

I have the opposite opnion than cattusmaru, I think Philly hangs up the phone. OKC would and should do that deal in a heart beat if it was on the table. Presuming they can absorb that much salary coming back. Harris, Horford, & Thybulle are combined 63.5 mill next year, Chris Paul is at 41.3 million. OKC can absorb 20 million going back?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-29-2020 at 01:22 PM.

I don't understand the bolded? Why should Philly trade Thybulle and Milton??

The 6ers are very high on Thybulle, hes under contract until 2023 and only makes 2.7, 2.8, & 4.3 mill in that span with team options on the last two years. They are already thin in their back court. Why would they throw Thybulle in that deal as a sweetener to land a 35 year old Paul? hes only 23 years old. Then you want to add a 28 year old Harris and all OKC has to do is absorb Horford who is old but is still younger than Paul?

I understand your logic and it make sense timing wise but this is an over payment for Paul at this stage of his career. Hes 35 years old, how many great years do you think he has remaining?

I have the opposite opnion than cattusmaru, I think Philly hangs up the phone. OKC would and should do that deal in a heart beat if it was on the table. Presuming they can absorb that much salary coming back. Harris, Horford, & Thybulle are combined 63.5 mill next year, Chris Paul is at 41.3 million. OKC can absorb 20 million going back?
    It's not an overpayment at all. Oklahoma's swallowing a $60 million dump from Philly in exchange for a chance at Thybulle, who might be a star or maybe role player who's really good at defense. Let's not pretend like he's a surefire star. I'd give Milton just as much of a chance of being a star as Thybulle. I probably wouldn't give up both if I was Philly, but I'd have to consider it.
    Philly has a way better shot at the championship in the next two years with Paul. They already Richardson, who approximates the Thybulle. Dropping $23 million in salary allows Philly to immediately add more depth. And when Paul's contract expires in two years, they'll be major free agent players.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    It's not an overpayment at all. Oklahoma's swallowing a $60 million dump from Philly in exchange for a chance at Thybulle, who might be a star or maybe role player who's really good at defense. Let's not pretend like he's a surefire star. I'd give Milton just as much of a chance of being a star as Thybulle. I probably wouldn't give up both if I was Philly, but I'd have to consider it.
    Philly has a way better shot at the championship in the next two years with Paul. They already Richardson, who approximates the Thybulle. Dropping $23 million in salary allows Philly to immediately add more depth. And when Paul's contract expires in two years, they'll be major free agent players.
    Thybulle is 23 and makes a total of 10 mill in the next 3 years. He is a back court player that they need. It would be silly to throw him in that deal. Also bro, you make it seem like Harris is just a throw in. Hes 28 and in his prime. I wouldnt do that deal if If I'm the 76ers. they would reduce their window to two years.

If I didn't know any better, Id say were an OKC fan lol this deal makes a ton of sense for them. Anyways, I can follow your logic, but I think Philly can do better with the assets they have.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-29-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Kobe and Phil reunited a year after Phil trashed him in his book and called him uncoachable. llullzz
    yeah, I dont think Paul would care as long as hes in a situation to compete for a ship.. Hes the president of the NBPA, he understands better than any other player that this is just a business.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It 100% matters lol
    I agree, and even if Chris was in his feelings about the trade, Im sure hes over it by now.

Thybulle is 23 and makes a total of 10 mill in the next 3 years. He is a back court player that they need. It would be silly to throw him in that deal. Also bro, you make it seem like Harris is just a throw in. Hes 28 and in his prime. I wouldnt do that deal if If I'm the 76ers. they would reduce their window to two years.

If I didn't know any better, Id say were an OKC fan lol this deal makes a ton of sense for them. Anyways, I can follow your logic, but I think Philly can do better with the assets they have.
    Philly doesn't have a window right now with their archaic style, no spacing and two role players each getting paid $30 million a year. This deal gives them just the type of player they need to contend the next two years. Paul will still be pretty good the next two years as long as Philly doesn't play him more than around 32 minutes a game.
    Harris isn't just a throw-in, but his contract is still pretty bloated for a third option. Horford is a financial trash fire. Getting rid of both of them and saving $23 million is worth it for the price of Thybulle. They could immediately afford to go after someone like Gallinari, who would fit way better than Harris ó maybe there's even a sign-and-trade in their to get him outright in the trade. And Philly would increase their financial flexibility in the long-term.
    And I'm a Blazers fan, bro. I'd love nothing better than to see the Thunder fail miserably before being sold to an ownership group back where they belong in Seattle.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 10-29-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Let's say the Thunder do a sign-and-trade for Gallinari at $16.5 million a season ó his recommended contract based on past performance ó for three years. The Thunder trade Paul and Gallinari to Philly for Horford, Harris and Thybulle. That gives Philly a starting lineup of Paul, Richardson, Simmons, Gallinari and Embiid. That lineup, coupled with their depth, has a way better chance of winning a championship. And they still drop salary and improve their long-term financial flexibility.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast