Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 169
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you could easily trade ben who has way more value than booker.... you could trade joel... you could trade horford who will likely be traded because teams need him.............. there is a ton of trades we can make to better our spacing and our team............ no chance i want booker though **** that. Id rather have ben 10 times out of 10 times over booker... booker is trash
    Teams needs Horford?? No one needs someone whose washed up which Boston had done a good job covering up his weaknesses just like with IT. Its not even Brown's fault this guy sux.

    Booker is trash?? Booker would spread the floor for us better than most anyone else. Obviously you know little about players or just a hater. Probably both [emoji1751]

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,520
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Let's say the Thunder do a sign-and-trade for Gallinari at $16.5 million a season ó his recommended contract based on past performance ó for three years. The Thunder trade Paul and Gallinari to Philly for Horford, Harris and Thybulle. That gives Philly a starting lineup of Paul, Richardson, Simmons, Gallinari and Embiid. That lineup, coupled with their depth, has a way better chance of winning a championship. And they still drop salary and improve their long-term financial flexibility.
    this is def better. I can see that working for both teams.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    This^. Plus is sounds like CP3 wanting out of LA was more about losing players around him than Doc as well.
    Neither. It had to do with them resigning Blake with a max contract and they don't necessarily like each other and think he's a bum for punching people faces rather than playing the game [emoji1751]

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,520
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Philly doesn't have a window right now with their archaic style, no spacing and two role players each getting paid $30 million a year. This deal gives them just the type of player they need to contend the next two years. Paul will still be pretty good the next two years as long as Philly doesn't play him more than around 32 minutes a game.
    Harris isn't just a throw-in, but his contract is still pretty bloated for a third option. Horford is a financial trash fire. Getting rid of both of them and saving $23 million is worth it for the price of Thybulle. They could immediately afford to go after someone like Gallinari, who would fit way better than Harris ó maybe there's even a sign-and-trade in their to get him outright in the trade. And Philly would increase their financial flexibility in the long-term.
    And I'm a Blazers fan, bro. I'd love nothing better than to see the Thunder fail miserably before being sold to an ownership group back where they belong in Seattle.
    Their window is based on Joel, being that he is their best player and only 26. The idea is to build a contender around him.

    I can get with the Paul and Gallo trade, because it gives them two players who instantly incert in the starting line up, both with range and both would compliment Embiid very well. I also think Philly gets more value with getting both Paul and Gallo for Harris, Horford, and Thybulle. OKC also gets something back for Gallo instead of losing him for nothing. This would be a much better deal imo.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,520
    Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Neither. It had to do with them resigning Blake with a max contract and they don't necessarily like each other and think he's a bum for punching people faces rather than playing the game [emoji1751]

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    lol you are entertaining

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    But in the long-term, their contracts run out before all the young guys you're developing need to get paid. Horford will go off the books just as Thybulle needs to get paid, and Harris a year later. Plus Harris can approximate what Gallinari did. Both he and Horford will also be massive expirings Oklahoma can couple with picks to trade for another star, since free agents won't go there.
    And how is that a lot for Paul? Philly gets to dump its two worst contracts for the price of Thybulle and adds a legitimate leader and game-closer in Paul who only has two years left on his deal. That's a steal of a deal for Philly. If anything, Philly should have to trade Thybulle and Milton.



    You might want to practice your emoji-linking skills [emoji23]. Like I wrote above, Horford and Harris' contracts will run out as the young guys need to get paid, and Oklahoma can add a potential star guard in the process and have the best defensive back court in the NBA with Shai and Thybulle. I could see Oklahoma pushing for Milton too, if they don't think Thybulle is enticing enough.
    As for Morey trading Paul, anyone who pays attention knows that decision was driven by Ferttita and Harden. Paul was better for Oklahoma City than Westbrook. Morey probably also knows how good Paul would be with Simmons and Embiid.
    Look at that link I sent and get back to me. He lied to CP3 and wasn't man enough to let him know before the trade went down when the main reason he went to Houston is to help win a championship! Not to a rebuilding team in Okie from Muskogee [emoji1751]

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,520
    Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Look at that link I sent and get back to me. He lied to CP3 and wasn't man enough to let him know before the trade went down when the main reason he went to Houston is to help win a championship! Not to a rebuilding team in Okie from Muskogee [emoji1751]

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    if you dont have a no trade clause in your contract, you dont have much say in where youre traded to or if youre traded at all. Its like expecting loyalty from a girl who wants an open relationship.

    Paul is the pres of the NBPA, he knows this is a business. I would think he wouldnt care if Morey traded for him so long as he has a chance to win. Dont invest to much stock on "feelings" these are grown men, they understand that its a business.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I agree, and even if Chris was in his feelings about the trade, Im sure hes over it by now.
    He rather play for Lebron for free than play for Morey again. He's going to play for one more season and retire with a championship [emoji471]. The banana [emoji529] boat is waiting for him to get on.

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    if you dont have a no trade clause in your contract, you dont have much say in where youre traded to or if youre traded at all. Its like expecting loyalty from a girl who wants an open relationship.

    Paul is the pres of the NBPA, he knows this is a business. I would think he wouldnt care if Morey traded for him so long as he has a chance to win. Dont invest to much stock on "feelings" these are grown men, they understand that its a business.
    It take more than a few seasons to win a championship here if we're being realistic. Lakers repeating is much more likely and both sides will make it happen. If you think he's coming here for Harris, Thys and Horford cause Morey can do anything, you're in for a shock. OKC fleeced LAC for PG but you think we can do the same thing to them to take our long term untradable contracts to a young rebuilding team with loads of top picks for CP3 [emoji1787][emoji23]

    Tell you what...I won't post on the Sixers board ever again if CP3 ends up here cause I know it will NEVER happen. I would love to see it as a fan but only one of us is being realistic [emoji1751]
    Last edited by cattusmaru; 10-29-2020 at 03:49 PM.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,716
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Their window is based on Joel, being that he is their best player and only 26. The idea is to build a contender around him.

    I can get with the Paul and Gallo trade, because it gives them two players who instantly incert in the starting line up, both with range and both would compliment Embiid very well. I also think Philly gets more value with getting both Paul and Gallo for Harris, Horford, and Thybulle. OKC also gets something back for Gallo instead of losing him for nothing. This would be a much better deal imo.
    The deal with Gallo or without isnít too different. It just means the 76ers are locked into Gallo rather than having the financial freedom to go after him or anyone else they want. Youíre overvaluing Thybulle and Harris. But Iím glad we found common ground indirectly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,716
    Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    It take more than a few seasons to win a championship here if we're being realistic. Lakers repeating is much more likely and both sides will make it happen. If you think he's coming here for Harris, Thys and Horford cause Morey can do anything, you're in for a shock. OKC fleeced LAC for PG but you think we can do the same thing to them to take our long term untradable contracts to a young rebuilding team with loads of top picks for CP3 [emoji1787][emoji23]

    Tell you what...I won't post on the Sixers board ever again if CP3 ends up here cause I know it will NEVER happen. I would love to see it as a fan but only one of us is being realistic [emoji1751]
    Itís impressive how youíve constructed this narrative in your head of Paul not liking or trusting Morey when it wasnít his decision to mKe the trade. Paul wants to win a championship. The Lakers donít have the pieces to trade for him. The 76ers do. If he can compete for a championship with them, he will.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,543
    CP3 still has something left but I feel bad for whoever pays him a combined $85 million for his age 35 and 36 seasons.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    61,302
    Downsides to bringing Gallo in is 1 - requires a 3 or 4 year contract (although he would be great here) and 2 it would hard cap us by bringing in a player on S&T while over the cap.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,187
    Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Teams needs Horford?? No one needs someone whose washed up which Boston had done a good job covering up his weaknesses just like with IT. Its not even Brown's fault this guy sux.

    Booker is trash?? Booker would spread the floor for us better than most anyone else. Obviously you know little about players or just a hater. Probably both [emoji1751]

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    bookers defense doesnt make up for his spacing... ben and joel together might not be the best fit but its not the problem and teams will want horford... he isnt washed he just doesnt fit on our team and teams realize that

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,716
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Downsides to bringing Gallo in is 1 - requires a 3 or 4 year contract (although he would be great here) and 2 it would hard cap us by bringing in a player on S&T while over the cap.
    True, but in my hypothetical sign-and-trade with Gallinari making $16.5 million still cuts $6.3 million off the 76ers' books. Gallinari has said that competing for a championship is more important to him than another big contract, so they might be able to get him a little cheaper, or maybe include someone like Mike Scott to cut another $5 million off.
    My original deal of course didn't include Gallinari and cut $23 million off the 76ers' books, but I can see the logic in locking up Gallinari rather than playing the free agent market. He's basically the perfect fit for them.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •