Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Braves signed Morton
    1 year 15 million

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    Braves signed Morton
    1 year 15 million
    Huge deal. When the Braves signed Smyly, I really thought that was a sign that they were going cheap in the rotation and wouldn't be players for Charlie Morton or any of the better SP options. Morton could be big for the team, if he stays healthy. Now, the team just has to figure out whether or not they can afford Ozuna or if they need to pivot to a different bat and then figure out the bullpen, as Melancon, Greene and O'Day are all free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    Huge deal. When the Braves signed Smyly, I really thought that was a sign that they were going cheap in the rotation and wouldn't be players for Charlie Morton or any of the better SP options. Morton could be big for the team, if he stays healthy. Now, the team just has to figure out whether or not they can afford Ozuna or if they need to pivot to a different bat and then figure out the bullpen, as Melancon, Greene and O'Day are all free agents.
    Agreed, huge signing. After his first start last year, he posted a 3.7 era the rest of the way. Then was good in the playoffs until the Dodgers game. I think they have enough money to get an Ozuna deal done, if the payroll stays the same. 93 million committed, projected 20 million for arbitration. So that would leave around 37 million.

Braves had one of the better rotations in baseball before this signing. Now, they are likely the best in their division. They will be a force to be reckoned with in the NL this year.

Agreed, huge signing. After his first start last year, he posted a 3.7 era the rest of the way. Then was good in the playoffs until the Dodgers game. I think they have enough money to get an Ozuna deal done, if the payroll stays the same. 93 million committed, projected 20 million for arbitration. So that would leave around 37 million.
    I am a little concerned about Ozuna with regard to the dollars and years that it might require, as it has been said that he is looking for at least a $100 million dollar contract. I am hoping that in the current economic climate that it doesn't require that to sign him.

Love this signing. Like you guys I thought the Smyly signing meant Morton was off the table. Really good move by AA. Now fingers crossed Morton can stay healthy. The staff looks pretty strong and this will allow Soroka to take him time coming back. If Soroka takes a few weeks to come back that will allow Wright or Wilson a chance to start a few games and maybe stick around in the bullpen. Really happy about this move. Now we just need to resign/replace Ozuna and hopefully bring back Greene or Melancon.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

MLBTR posted their predictions for arbitration. The Braves are below, as well as their guesses as to how arbitration will account for a 60 game schedule:

This winter, those involved in the process do not know how arbitration will account for the 60-game season, nor is there an agreement in place between MLB and the MLBPA on how to address it. Many cases may end up getting resolved in a hearing room. To reflect that uncertainty, we’re providing three projections for each player:

Method 1: Applies model directly with actual statistics from this 60-game season
    Method 2: Extrapolates all counting stats to would-be 162-game totals. One home run becomes 2.7 home runs.
    Method 3: For non-first-time eligibles, finds the raise they’d get in a 162 game season, then gives them 37% of that raise

Keep in mind that with a potential record number of non-tenders, many of these players will be released by December 2nd.

Braves (8)

Johan Camargo – $1.9MM / $2.3MM / $1.9MM
    Grant Dayton – $900K / $1.0MM / $800K
    Adam Duvall – $4.4MM / $7.1MM / $4.7MM
    Max Fried – $2.4MM / $4.6MM / $2.4MM
    Luke Jackson – $1.9MM / $2.1MM / $1.9MM
    A.J. Minter – $1.1MM / $1.6MM / $1.1MM
    Mike Soroka – $1.8MM / $1.9MM / $1.8MM
    Dansby Swanson – $4.3MM / $8.3MM / $5.0MM
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...-for-2021.html
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    I am a little concerned about Ozuna with regard to the dollars and years that it might require, as it has been said that he is looking for at least a $100 million dollar contract. I am hoping that in the current economic climate that it doesn't require that to sign him.
    I wouldn't mind give Ozuna a 5 year deal at 100 million. He is 30, compared to Donaldson who I believe is 34. That's a 2 million a year raise, which I think he deserves, especially since I believe the DH will stick in the NL.

I wouldn't mind give Ozuna a 5 year deal at 100 million. He is 30, compared to Donaldson who I believe is 34. That's a 2 million a year raise, which I think he deserves, especially since I believe the DH will stick in the NL.
    thats the thing if the DH is for sure sticking in the NL that would be a great deal but, if its not than its going to look like a bad deal when his defense declines further.

It's nuts to me that we are this far into the offseason and no one knows about the DH still.

I like Ozuna but I rather go deep. If we spend big money on him and he gets hurt we have a big problem. I rather sign Brantley to play LF, sign Turner to play 3b, and if we have a DH sign Pederson to platoon with Duval. Reilly can still spot start between 3b, LF, and DH to develop. If 1 player gets hurt it is not as cripling.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    I like Ozuna but I rather go deep. If we spend big money on him and he gets hurt we have a big problem. I rather sign Brantley to play LF, sign Turner to play 3b, and if we have a DH sign Pederson to platoon with Duval. Reilly can still spot start between 3b, LF, and DH to develop. If 1 player gets hurt it is not as cripling.
    That will obviously make us better than just signing Ozuna but that also means spending a lot more money, the trio of Brantley-Turner-Pederson might cost 35-40 MM AAV, while Ozuna might only cost around 20-25 AAV. Don't seems likely.

- Sign Ozuna
    - Sign Pederson
    - Sign Melancon
    - Trade Inciarte

I believe Pache will be in CF soon enough and Riley will hit low in the lineup. The following lineup is every bit as good as last years...I mean, it is basically last year’s. If AA had Pederson instead of Inciarte & Marky, I think that is a win. Couple that with a better rotation and this team is ready to go for it.

Acuna (RF)
    Freeman (1B)
    Ozuna (DH/LF)
    TDA (C)
    Albies (2B)
    Duvall/Pederson (LF/DH)
    Swanson (SS)
    Riley (3B)
    Pache (CF)

Soroka
    Fried
    Morton
    Anderson
    Smyly

Melancon
    Smith
    Minter
    Martin
    Matzek
    Jackson
    Sobotka
    Webb
    Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    - Sign Ozuna
    - Sign Pederson
    - Sign Melancon
    - Trade Inciarte

I believe Pache will be in CF soon enough and Riley will hit low in the lineup. The following lineup is every bit as good as last years...I mean, it is basically last year’s. If AA had Pederson instead of Inciarte & Marky, I think that is a win. Couple that with a better rotation and this team is ready to go for it.

Acuna (RF)
    Freeman (1B)
    Ozuna (DH/LF)
    TDA (C)
    Albies (2B)
    Duvall/Pederson (LF/DH)
    Swanson (SS)
    Riley (3B)
    Pache (CF)

Soroka
    Fried
    Morton
    Anderson
    Smyly

Melancon
    Smith
    Minter
    Martin
    Matzek
    Jackson
    Sobotka
    Webb
    Tomlin
    I like this. I’m a big fan of a Duvall/Pederson platoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    - Sign Ozuna
    - Sign Pederson
    - Sign Melancon
    - Trade Inciarte

Acuna (RF)
    Freeman (1B)
    Ozuna (DH/LF)
    TDA (C)
    Albies (2B)
    Duvall/Pederson (LF/DH)
    Swanson (SS)
    Riley (3B)
    Pache (CF)

Soroka
    Fried
    Morton
    Anderson
    Smyly

Melancon
    Smith
    Minter
    Martin
    Matzek
    Jackson
    Sobotka
    Webb
    Tomlin
    This Is my dream scenario, don't know about Jackson or Sobotka though.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast