Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    read that Langliers was showing off his cannon yesterday vs the Rays.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I really like his poise at the plate, you just have a feeling of him putting a good at bat everytime. Since a backup catcher plays 2-3 times a week, he won't miss that many at bats as a backup.
    I'd also like him as the backup. Alex Jackson just doesn't do it for me. I had hoped he could turn it around after we brought him here as a reclamation project but he just hasn't shown anything to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I'd also like him as the backup. Alex Jackson just doesn't do it for me. I had hoped he could turn it around after we brought him here as a reclamation project but he just hasn't shown anything to me.
    Yeah, and the more I think about it, I like it more. Spending the whole year in the majors, working with the pitching staff and the coaches will be huge for his development, it might be a good strategy for the Braves if they want him as an everyday catcher next season.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Yeah, and the more I think about it, I like it more. Spending the whole year in the majors, working with the pitching staff and the coaches will be huge for his development, it might be a good strategy for the Braves if they want him as an everyday catcher next season.
    Plus we're going to have make a decision on d'Arnaud after this year. If Contreras has a productive season as the back up then AA might feel more comfortable moving on from d'Arnaud and spending that money elsewhere. Shea Langeliers will be ready sometime next year too. Langeliers defensively is already ready for the majors.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan