Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    No team claimed Brad Hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man, with the DH not yet clear and not even a sure bet that 162 games are played in 2021, this will probably be a really slow off season.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Man, with the DH not yet clear and not even a sure bet that 162 games are played in 2021, this will probably be a really slow off season.
    I agree. I think it will be a really slow start and you won’t see much (if any) bug $$ spent until teams know what is happening.

I would be thrilled if the Braves could get Brad Hand as a replacement for Melancon as the closer. Melancon has been good but Hand can be dominant.

On the other hand, I am not thrilled by the Wainwright talk. He's 39 years old and, while I know that it would be a feel-good story to bring him back to Atlanta after trading him away at the beginning of his career for J.D. Drew, it would be fair to say that his body can and will break down at any time and that he's likely just a #4 or #starter at this point in his career.

Wainwright's last few seasons:

2017: 5.11 ERA & 1.50 WHIP in 123.1 IP.
    2018: 4.46 ERA & 1.463 WHIP in 40.1 IP.
    2019: 4.19 ERA & 1.427 WHIP in 171.2 IP.
    2020: 3.15 ERA & 1.051 WHIP in 65.2 IP.

Considering his age and recent performance, I am willing to bet that 2020 is the outlier in that group rather than what the Braves would get in 2021. I am hoping for better from whatever veteran they sign than a 4.40 ERA and 1.40 to 1.50 WHIP with 160 IP. It just feels like an attempt to get a signing on the cheap with Wainwright. I know Charlie Morton is not a young guy, as he will be 37 in December but if they can get him to agree to say a 2 year deal, then I think he's a much better signing. He appears to have more left in the tank that Wainwright.

If the Braves decide to go bargain hunting I wouldn’t be opposed to Chris Archer. He was bad in Pittsburgh and coming off surgery so I’m sure he’ll be very cheap. Could end up still being an inning eating 4th or 5th starter. He’s only 32.

2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Remember when people freaked out being we didn't trade for Archer and now they don't pick up a 10M option to keep him after giving up aton.

Never wanted Archer and still don’t. ATL needs an experienced veteran leadership presence if they add someone to the rotation. Archer is t that type of guy.

I could see Cole Hamels resigning for alot less than he did last year with us. Like he has no value right now with missing an entire season.

I think some of our Biggest needs are:

Protection for Freddie. We have seen what he can do when you have a legit hitter behind him (Ozuna and Donaldson) I really like the DH in the NL and if they adapt it full time than that opens the door to a lot of hitters that we can get cheaper than what Ozuna will demand.

Starting Pitching 1-3 should be solid and set in stone (Fried, Anderson and Soroka) Im not 100% sold on Kyle Wright but at only 25 and being a former 1st round DP maybe with the rise of Fried, Anderson, and Soroka(pending a good bounce back) Kyle can relax and take that pressure off of him. Id like to see the Braves go after a Ace but FA is always risky with SP and our track record with signing FAs to long term deals hasnt panned out Bauer is at the top of my list and everyone's else. but lets try to look at some that could be another one year wonder to see if they still have any gas left in the tank... Jeff Samardzija, Cole Hamels, Gio Gonzalez, Charlie Morton, J.A. Happ, Jordan Zimmermann I think we could get these guys on a one year deal. there is a few that lets bring them back to ATL and see what they got:Alex Wood, Kevin Gausman, Mike Minor ,Adam Wainwright

IF is set. I would leave Austin at 3B. we need to let him play everyday,, he made big improvements this season

I'll do more later
    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I could see Cole Hamels resigning for alot less than he did last year with us. Like he has no value right now with missing an entire season.
    Hamels is going to come very cheap to whoever signs him but you can't trust him to stay healthy at this point, not after 2019 when he pitched in 1 single game. His body appears to be breaking down him. Plus, it would be a PR nightmare for AA to bring back a pitcher who was paid $18 million (pro-rated due to partial season) and who contributed nothing. He can't do that and I am sure that he knows it.

The Braves apparently have completed the Tommy Milone trade from back in August by sending two minor leaguers, A.J. Graffanino and Greg Cullen to Baltimore. I really don't know anything about either of these prospects but assume that they were both pretty far down the prospect rankings lists for Braves.

https://twitter.com/Braves/status/1324456755443675136

With rumores about the Indians trading Lindor they might be going into a soft rebuild, would they trade Carlos Carrasco? He'll be 34 by opening day and Is owed 27MM for the next two years. That's a good contract if you ask me, but the Indians might not go any where the next two years and they seem to always find good SP in the farm anyway.

They need offense at the OF or 3B (they can move Ramírez to 2B) spot, a power hitter like Riley might be of interest to them. Would it make sense a straight up swap of Austin Riley for Carlos Carrasco?

BREAKING NEWS

Braves resign Josh Tomlin lol
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Jokes aside, I like Tomlin. Perfect swing man to eat meaningless innings. You don't want him facing a team like the Dodgers but if you need 3-4 innings in a random game at the Mets then Tomlin is your guy.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

He was perfect for middle BP, clear he can't start but with soild coming out of the pen.

I was hoping that they would upgrade over Tomlin but I understand that the budget might be a bit tighter due to COVID and that this was a way to save some money.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast