Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Don't know who this Dan Clark is but he claims the Braves and Indians are talking about a trade for Jose Ramirez.

https://twitter.com/DanClarkSports/s...93720576659458
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Don't know who this Dan Clark is but he claims the Braves and Indians are talking about a trade for Jose Ramirez.

https://twitter.com/DanClarkSports/s...93720576659458
    Dan Clark doesn’t seem like a reliable source to be honest. Lots of big “whiffs” in his recent history - including saying Machado to Yankees was done. Also, best I can tell is he is out of Baltimore, so probably not an Indians expert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Dan Clark doesn’t seem like a reliable source to be honest. Lots of big “whiffs” in his recent history - including saying Machado to Yankees was done. Also, best I can tell is he is out of Baltimore, so probably not an Indians expert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even if by some chance he's right (I wouldn't be surprised if AA at least checked in on Ramirez, why not?) I don't see any way the Braves can pull this off. Would take one of Pache or Anderson plus 2-3 other top prospects. Probably some combo of Waters, Langeliers, Shewmake, Muller, Contreras, Shuster. Too much for the Braves to give up.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    NL DH is dead for now so yeah Ozuna won't be happening even though it seemed moot.

These one year deals have been great but they also have bit us in the butt being they preformed well and have been in line for a very large pay day.
    Lol, it's like you want them to succeed but not too much so they don't price themselves out of the Braves range.

Even if by some chance he's right (I wouldn't be surprised if AA at least checked in on Ramirez, why not?) I don't see any way the Braves can pull this off. Would take one of Pache or Anderson plus 2-3 other top prospects. Probably some combo of Waters, Langeliers, Shewmake, Muller, Contreras, Shuster. Too much for the Braves to give up.
    If true, I was thinking Riley with 2-3 top prospects. It would make a nice addition and if we would to get Brantley...

Acuna
    Albies
    Freeman
    Brantley
    Ramirez
    d'Arnuad
    Swanson
    Pache

Yeah, They would want a young player who at least have some success in the big league, the same way they wanted Gimenez and Rosario from the Mets for Lindor. The Indians can still be at least competitive in the Central so I don't see why they trade an extremely cheap contract of a MVP caliber player without getting something with a decent floor. Riley is not a good option since he doesn't have a track record and the Indians have a top prospect close to the majors who play third base in Nolan Jones, Pache will be the center piece of course, but he doesn't have a track record either so the other parts of the deal are going to be important too.

Christian Pache
    Kyle Wright
    Jared Shuster
    Shea Langeliers

for

Jose Ramirez

That's seems like a step price from us, but that's what I think it would take. Are the Braves in position to destroy the farm system at a time where is thinner than recent years? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    If true, I was thinking Riley with 2-3 top prospects. It would make a nice addition and if we would to get Brantley...

Acuna
    Albies
    Freeman
    Brantley
    Ramirez
    d'Arnuad
    Swanson
    Pache
    Brantley already signed with the Astros.

Id legit give any prospect we have in the minors for him.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Brantley already signed with the Astros.
    Yeah, totally forgot. My bad. I sure do hope the Braves find least one good bat...

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Yeah, They would want a young player who at least have some success in the big league, the same way they wanted Gimenez and Rosario from the Mets for Lindor. The Indians can still be at least competitive in the Central so I don't see why they trade an extremely cheap contract of a MVP caliber player without getting something with a decent floor. Riley is not a good option since he doesn't have a track record and the Indians have a top prospect close to the majors who play third base in Nolan Jones, Pache will be the center piece of course, but he doesn't have a track record either so the other parts of the deal are going to be important too.

Christian Pache
    Kyle Wright
    Jared Shuster
    Shea Langeliers

for

Jose Ramirez

That's seems like a step price from us, but that's what I think it would take. Are the Braves in position to destroy the farm system at a time where is thinner than recent years? I don't think so.
    Honestly I don't think even that will be enough. Pache or Anderson would have to be in any deal as a headliner. Braves won't give up both. I doubt trade talks get much further than that because I don't see the Braves giving up either of them. Our prospects start to thin out once you get outside our top 10. Since the Indians appear to put an emphasis on pitching I would guess their asking price would be Anderson, Waters, one of Muller or Shuster, and one of Langeliers or Contreras. It's a huge package but when you consider his very affordable contract (35 million over 3 years) and his stats (at least a .939 OPS 3 of the last 4 years) Ramirez is easily one of the most valuable players in the entire league. Plus if I'm the Indians, considering they traded away Lindor, Carrasco, Clevinger, and Kluber in the last year and didn't get equal value in return, I'm not trading Ramirez unless another team offers me the moon in return.

A deal just doesn't make sense for the Braves. The Braves appear to still be high on Riley at 3B. Pache and Anderson are key parts of the future and have big time upside. Ramirez would be great but I just don't see a deal coming together.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Jon Heyman on his podcast today said the Braves have kicked the tires on a trade for Trey Mancini
    2020 Vikings Draft:

I am sure ya'll already realize this but the Phillies resigned Realmuto to a 5 year, $115.5 million dollar contract.

Jon Heyman on his podcast today said the Braves have kicked the tires on a trade for Trey Mancini
    I always trade for him on MLB the Show and he mashes all the time lol

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    I am sure ya'll already realize this but the Phillies resigned Realmuto to a 5 year, $115.5 million dollar contract.
    Did he not play in 2020? Honestly didn't know much him other than came up lil late to big leagues...

Darren O'Day is signing with the Yankees
    2020 Vikings Draft: