Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    For some reason the tweet I posted isn't showing but according to Robert Murray the Braves are "circling on free-agent catcher J.T. Realmuto, according to league sources"

https://twitter.com/ByRobertMurray/s...70206551420928
    That is interesting. I will admit that it concerns me a bit, as I am against giving catchers 20+ million per year on long-term deals because they typically decline quickly in their 30s. I am more of a fan of looking for bargains who could outperform their salary at that position, as Atlanta has done for awhile now (Flowers, Suzuki, TDA) while waiting on the young guys to make it to Atlanta.

For some reason the tweet I posted isn't showing but according to Robert Murray the Braves are "circling on free-agent catcher J.T. Realmuto, according to league sources"

Well, I would say now that rumors a DH will happen in the NL, why not? DH TDA and vice versa with Realmuto. Also, Realmuto is known to be very athletic, I could see them using him LF. It would actually give a lot of flexibility. Also, who knows. You can then package Contreras or Langs in a trade (Jose Ramirez?).

Acuna
    Freeman
    Realmuto
    Ramirez
    TDA
    Albies
    Swanson
    Riley
    Pache

This makes absolutely no sense and I think It's bogus, AA keep things really close, that's why We rarely see any rumors about trades or signings. This feels like something an agent will do to drive up his client price.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    Well, I would say now that rumors a DH will happen in the NL, why not? DH TDA and vice versa with Realmuto. Also, Realmuto is known to be very athletic, I could see them using him LF. It would actually give a lot of flexibility. Also, who knows. You can then package Contreras or Langs in a trade (Jose Ramirez?).

Acuna
    Freeman
    Realmuto
    Ramirez
    TDA
    Albies
    Swanson
    Riley
    Pache
    The Indians won't trade Ramírez, because he isn't expensive, and if they do they surely will want Pache on the deal.

In DOB's latest article, he addressed Realmuto and basically said the things we are all assuming. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

He also dropped a pretty surprising nugget. He said the Braves were actually in on George Springer until the end. He doesn't know how serious they were but he was told by someone in the organization that there were several people who wanted him badly.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

In DOB's latest article, he addressed Realmuto and basically said the things we are all assuming. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

He also dropped a pretty surprising nugget. He said the Braves were actually in on George Springer until the end. He doesn't know how serious they were but he was told by someone in the organization that there were several people who wanted him badly.
    I think that's really interesting, Springer would´ve fit in nicely on the team but we all knew his asking price will be too high fo us, for DOB to report we were until the end makes me feel like we at least gave him a competitive offer and that makes me feel confident that we will get a big bat for LF somehow.

I know this isn't really related to the current offseason or the 2021 team but Hank Aaron has apparently passed away. It's a huge loss for the team, as I think Hank certainly would have been considered the greatest living MLB player and has been a great ambassador for the Braves and MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    I know this isn't really related to the current offseason or the 2021 team but Hank Aaron has apparently passed away. It's a huge loss for the team, as I think Hank certainly would have been considered the greatest living MLB player and has been a great ambassador for the Braves and MLB.
    The LEGEND

RIP

The Braves have claimed Victor Arano, RHP, and Kyle Garlick, OF, off waivers from the Phillies. I would assume both guys are just for depth and will have a chance to compete in spring training for a spot on the big league club.

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    The Braves have claimed Victor Arano, RHP, and Kyle Garlick, OF, off waivers from the Phillies. I would assume both guys are just for depth and will have a chance to compete in spring training for a spot on the big league club.
    Arano sounds intriguing. According to MLBTR, "Arano has a 2.65 ERA, 26.3 K%, and 18.8 K-BB% over 74 2/3 career innings in the big leagues". Elbow surgery knocked him out for most of 2019 and 2020. If he's healthy there is a decent chance he makes the bullpen.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

The Braves had interest in Liam Hendriks before he signed with the White Sox.

Buster Onley said the Braves interest in Springer was more as a safety net in case he didn’t get the big deal he was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

I assumed we offered a large one year deal as we have in the past on guys.

The Braves have resigned Pablo Sandoval to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training. I look forward to seeing the pictures of his "physique" in ST in March.

Nats signed Brad Hand 1 year 10.5 million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

NL DH is dead for now so yeah Ozuna won't be happening even though it seemed moot.

These one year deals have been great but they also have bit us in the butt being they preformed well and have been in line for a very large pay day.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast