Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

NBA free agents: Teams concerned players are already signing contracts

https://sportsnaut.com/nba-free-agen...ing-contracts/

I am just in disbelief.... i thought only bron and AD colluded or durant and the warriors? How dare these teams already sign guys ahead of time

welcome to the nba people

Last season was like that too. Nets already had their entire roster worked out before free agency even opened lol 76ers, Heat, Pels. I mean tons of teams made all their moves prior to free agency.

Idk how the league can stop it when its like almost all 30 teams doing it.

That link is nothing. It just says "is this happening?"

Teams always talk to their own players, that's normal. Players always talk to other players, that's normal.

There is nothing there to say teams are actually negotiating with other team's free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

I am just in disbelief.... i thought only bron and AD colluded or durant and the warriors? How dare these teams already sign guys ahead of time

What? So we aren't the only vilains in the league? I'm shocked!

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

are they dishonoring there contracts and demanding trades to specific teams to play with specific players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    are they dishonoring there contracts and demanding trades to specific teams to play with specific players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [emoji1745]

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    That link is nothing. It just says "is this happening?"

Teams always talk to their own players, that's normal. Players always talk to other players, that's normal.

There is nothing there to say teams are actually negotiating with other team's free agents.
    The problem with the NBA's financial structure is that it isnt difficult for players to basically "negotiate" contracts on the teams behalf. If your a max contract type of guy, you know what that contract is and how it will be structured. There's no way like in other sports where you can manipulate the terms with stuff like larger signing bonuses or deferred money to make a contract more or less enticing. So since contract isn't an issue, it's easy for players to discuss with other players about where they are going.

Even the lower tier guys know who has money. And this year, so few teams have money, that alot of them know they'll have to sign for something close to the MLE, which is again a fixed sum of money. If you know you're probably signing for that MLE, you can start talking to players of teams who have it available to see how you think you would fit.

That being said, if I'm the Lakers GM or really any GM, I'm absolutely sitting down with my star player or players at the end of the year and discussing roster plans. I maybe wouldnt talk about players by name, but you'd be a fool not to say this is how muxh money we have, these are the positions and types of guys we're looking for and we roughly think we can offer x amount per guy.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The problem with the NBA's financial structure is that it isnt difficult for players to basically "negotiate" contracts on the teams behalf. If your a max contract type of guy, you know what that contract is and how it will be structured. There's no way like in other sports where you can manipulate the terms with stuff like larger signing bonuses or deferred money to make a contract more or less enticing. So since contract isn't an issue, it's easy for players to discuss with other players about where they are going.

Even the lower tier guys know who has money. And this year, so few teams have money, that alot of them know they'll have to sign for something close to the MLE, which is again a fixed sum of money. If you know you're probably signing for that MLE, you can start talking to players of teams who have it available to see how you think you would fit.

That being said, if I'm the Lakers GM or really any GM, I'm absolutely sitting down with my star player or players at the end of the year and discussing roster plans. I maybe wouldnt talk about players by name, but you'd be a fool not to say this is how muxh money we have, these are the positions and types of guys we're looking for and we roughly think we can offer x amount per guy.
    You're being too modest man.

Clippers had their plan, Nets had their plan, Rockets had their plan, Miami had their plan, 76ers had their plan. Like literally tons of teams already had their entire roster set prior to free agency opening.

How the heck the Nets have KD, Kyrie, DJ and Temple locked into deals prior to FA even opening or within the first few moments it opened?

I'll tell ya how, agents, executives, players and coaches are all discussing things outside the legal negotiation windows, for the reasons you stated.

Personally, idc. Once they season ends, do whatever you want. Having to wait til a certain date is pointless in this technology day and age, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    You're being too modest man.

Clippers had their plan, Nets had their plan, Rockets had their plan, Miami had their plan, 76ers had their plan. Like literally tons of teams already had their entire roster set prior to free agency opening.

How the heck the Nets have KD, Kyrie, DJ and Temple locked into deals prior to FA even opening or within the first few moments it opened?

I'll tell ya how, agents, executives, players and coaches are all discussing things outside the legal negotiation windows, for the reasons you stated.

Personally, idc. Once they season ends, do whatever you want. Having to wait til a certain date is pointless in this technology day and age, imo.
    The penalties are severe, I doubt teams are explicitly breaking the rules. Working in the margins ABSOLUTELY, but blatantly breaking the rules is too dangerous for most.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The penalties are severe, I doubt teams are explicitly breaking the rules. Working in the margins ABSOLUTELY, but blatantly breaking the rules is too dangerous for most.
    It's not dangerous if 30 out of 30 teams are doing it. How are you gonna prove that KD, Kyrie and DJ were committed to the Nets prior to the opening of the mortorium?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.net...t-kevin-durant

That article is multiple days prior to free agents being allowed to talk to teams and the Kyrie and KD to Nets is already set.

I watched that free agency special last year, Horford to the 76ers was agreed to multiple weeks in advance of FA.

It's no secret man, it's just how do you regulate it? My solution is don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It's not dangerous if 30 out of 30 teams are doing it. How are you gonna prove that KD, Kyrie and DJ were committed to the Nets prior to the opening of the mortorium?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.net...t-kevin-durant

That article is multiple days prior to free agents being allowed to talk to teams and the Kyrie and KD to Nets is already set.

I watched that free agency special last year, Horford to the 76ers was agreed to multiple weeks in advance of FA.

It's no secret man, it's just how do you regulate it? My solution is don't.
    And none of that explicitly breaks the rules if it's just players and agents talking. And I agree, there really isn't a way to stop it completely. They need to just keep doing what they are doing. When it's proven penalize, otherwise let it go.