Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    i hope you are right but what the front office sees is................. we have rodgers/we are 5-2..... we good. Trying to improve would just **** up the chemistry and cost us dollars and we cant have us spending and taking risks so we are 5-2... we good

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    for the first time i can remember i have a belief Green Bay will make a trade this year. i don't know if it's too late. it will take the guy several weeks to learn our playbook. i could be shocked but i don't see 2 trades happening. those were shocking low picks so they are affordable but let's be honest any guy we might trade for most likely will be here for this season and that's it. the cap is crashing next year. it is this year or bust but the two losses i have seen make it a bust year. as for drafting Love his impact is immediate. Rodgers has cleaned up most of his errors from the last two years. the Dillion pick is looking more and lore like an abject bust.
    I'm not calling Dillon a bust, but it depends on what we do. If Jones walks, the Dillon pick makes alot of sense. If they resign Jones, the Dillon pick was really dumb.

The thing that frustrated me thd most about the draft is we didn't fill alot of immediate future holes. Expecting rookies to contribute a ton in year 1, especially this year with no preseason and a shortened camp is alwaya tough. Sure, some guys have stepped up for sure, but typically speaking, you don't need to draft to fill this year's need. But those guys, espeically day 1 and day 2 guys need to have a path to play in year 2 and beyond.

And that's where it all seemed so questionable. Love doesnt play until we start a rebuild most likely. Dillon only has a path to the heavy side of the platoon if Jones walks which is possible. And deguara has a path as a gadget guy, but it's hard to see him having a path to a 60% of the snaps type of guy. And that's what you need out of those types of picks.

Now we are very likely to go into next offseason with the exact same holes we had last offseason, plus at least 1 other because it's highly unlikely we bring back all of our FAs and probably need to consider cutting starters to create space.

Just read somewhere the Texans want a 2nd for Fuller. That's alot for a rental unless you plan on keeping him somehow, or willing to let him walk for a 3 or 4 comp pick next year

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Just read somewhere the Texans want a 2nd for Fuller. That's alot for a rental unless you plan on keeping him somehow, or willing to let him walk for a 3 or 4 comp pick next year
    Hell Id take Stills for a 5th at this point

I burn a 2nd rounder for the right DL or LB fit.

Best odds are them not doing a damn thing for this team.

I'd probably give a 2nd for Fuller

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234