Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Brian Flores says the Dolphins will be missing some coaches today because of COVID, though declined to say how many.

I really like our matchup this week, but being down all these assistant coaches is going to make it tough. Herbert has shown he can be great this year and I think the defense will have to do much more this week than against the Cardinals.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Flores announces the Dolphins will place WR Preston Williams on IR

Don't know for how long, but foots are never fun. I was stunned how quickly Jackson came back from his. Coach wouldn't speculate on how long and just said it was more significant than we thought.

This all but promises that we need to heavily invest in WR this year. Williams has had 2 good games this season and a bunch where he was non-existant. This offense doesn't just need the speedy YAC slot guy. They need a legitimate outside threat to pair with Parker.

Bateman is the best WR in this draft to directly replace Williams. Im not exaggerating when I say I would seriously consider two WRs in rd1. Go Waddle and Bateman.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Flores announces the Dolphins will place WR Preston Williams on IR

Don't know for how long, but foots are never fun. I was stunned how quickly Jackson came back from his. Coach wouldn't speculate on how long and just said it was more significant than we thought.

This all but promises that we need to heavily invest in WR this year. Williams has had 2 good games this season and a bunch where he was non-existant. This offense doesn't just need the speedy YAC slot guy. They need a legitimate outside threat to pair with Parker.

Bateman is the best WR in this draft to directly replace Williams. Im not exaggerating when I say I would seriously consider two WRs in rd1. Go Waddle and Bateman.
    Chargers are better than their record. Their largest loss was by 7 points. They are not better than the Rams or the Cards but I expect a competitive game.

I would be game for 2 WR being picked in the first 2 rounds. I however will be surprised if it happens, 1 WR in the first 2 rounds is most likely.

I also think the Texans will perform better than they have this season so that pick is likely to drop.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-11-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Chargers are better than their record. Their largest loss was by 7 points. They are not better than the Rams or the Cards but I expect a competitive game.

I would be game for 2 WR being picked in the first 2 rounds. I however will be surprised if it happens, 1 WR in the first 2 rounds is most likely.

I also think the Texans will perform better than they have this season so that pick is likely to drop.
    Chargers are a trap team for sure. Def lost many games they easily could of won.

BUT, Flores is the kind of coach who wins game he should win. he's shown that IMO, similar to how the pats would always find ways to win games they should.

I also think QBs like Herbert and Murray get slightly overrated, yeah their great at making big plays, but against a defense like ours and coach like Flores who is so calculated, you need to be able to have long clock draining drives. Those guys are fantastic qbs, who put amazing stats and all the highlights, but at some point, you need to prove you can maintain a drive, and drain the clock, and drain the defense.

As for drafting 2 WRs. it won't happen.

We do things very similar to NE, and drafting 2 WRs in the 1st just isn't something they would do. I def think drafting 1 in the 1st round is in the cards though. Id keep my eye on Smith, Tua and Smiths connection was unstoppable.

Speaking on WRs, what an amazing job this staff did giving Parker an extension before his contract was up. If Parker was a free agent next off season he would be a 15 mill per year dollar player. Grier and Flores knocked it out of the park with that extension.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Chargers are a trap team for sure. Def lost many games they easily could of won.

BUT, Flores is the kind of coach who wins game he should win. he's shown that IMO, similar to how the pats would always find ways to win games they should.

I also think QBs like Herbert and Murray get slightly overrated, yeah their great at making big plays, but against a defense like ours and coach like Flores who is so calculated, you need to be able to have long clock draining drives. Those guys are fantastic qbs, who put amazing stats and all the highlights, but at some point, you need to prove you can maintain a drive, and drain the clock, and drain the defense.

As for drafting 2 WRs. it won't happen.

We do things very similar to NE, and drafting 2 WRs in the 1st just isn't something they would do. I def think drafting 1 in the 1st round is in the cards though. Id keep my eye on Smith, Tua and Smiths connection was unstoppable.

Speaking on WRs, what an amazing job this staff did giving Parker an extension before his contract was up. If Parker was a free agent next off season he would be a 15 mill per year dollar player. Grier and Flores knocked it out of the park with that extension.
    I am not expecting 2 WR in the 1st round. This off season we will need to upgrade our WR position. I feel trading Ford for a 7th was a mistake. With Williams on IR Fords playing time would of increased.

I hate relying on Calloway and the 2 speedsters havent shown they are ready to take on a starters role. If Calloway doesn't pan out these next 3 games may be rough. You can only throw so many passes to Parker.

i think we are going to see way more 2 TE sets now with Gesicki and Sheehan. Or Gesicki might be moved into the slot more. Either way, we have guys that can still get the yards. Grant is going to become even more important.

Him being out sucks, but its not the end all for the year. He has only caught 51.4% of the passes thrown his way. Thats not good. Parker has a catch rate of 73.4%, Gesicki has 61.1%. Grant is at 75%. So yes losing him is not ideal, but Williams was not a monster by any means.

We have big bodies in Parker, Gesicki and Sheehan . . . and we have speed in Grant, Bowden and Perry. I think this next 4 game stretch will be the best time to have an injury to Williams, and hopefully he can come back for KC

I am not expecting 2 WR in the 1st round. This off season we will need to upgrade our WR position. I feel trading Ford for a 7th was a mistake. With Williams on IR Fords playing time would of increased.

I hate relying on Calloway and the 2 speedsters havent shown they are ready to take on a starters role. If Calloway doesn't pan out these next 3 games may be rough. You can only throw so many passes to Parker.
    I really didnt think ford was any good tbh, was surprised he lasted as long as he did, he would of been cut had he not been traded.

Calloway is much better than ford, he just needs to get his reps in. Perry and bowden have been brought up too. And Hollins could be a semi-break out candidate with William's and ford gone.

Hollins was a 4th rnd pick, 6-4 speedy wr. He lost a few years to injury. Being older and healthy and having a lot of reps with tua already, it wouldn't surprise me if he excels.

I think all these wrs will be better with tua and really dont think William loss will hurt us too much.

Vikings cut OG Pat Elflein today. He was a guy I absolutely loved coming out and would immediately put in a claim for him. I doubt he would make it to us but if you get the chance at him and possibly develop him as the back up Center then you take it.

It was a good day. We won the game we needed to win and the bills and texans lost.

If we win our next 3 games Denver, N.Y.Jets, and Bengals that will give us 9 wins and 9 wins will make the playoffs.

Going into sundays night game we have the 5th best point differential in the NFL.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-15-2020 at 09:22 PM.

It was a good day. We won the game we needed to win and the bills and texans lost.

If we win our next 3 games Denver, N.Y.Jets, and Bengals that will give us 9 wins and 9 wins will make the playoffs.

Going into sundays night game we have the 5th best point differential in the NFL.
    we match up so good with those teams too. Crazy to think how this has put it together so quickly. I knew we had something good brewing, I just didn't expect us to come together this fast especially during the covid off season/season.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    we match up so good with those teams too. Crazy to think how this has put it together so quickly. I knew we had something good brewing, I just didn't expect us to come together this fast especially during the covid off season/season.
    We end the season with Kansas City, New England, Buffalo, Las Vegas.

With the way the east is playing we may need to win 1 of those games.

We end the season with Kansas City, New England, Buffalo, Las Vegas.

With the way the east is playing we may need to win 1 of those games.
    ya that Vegas game is gonna be big I bet.

we're going to have to sweep the DEN, NYJ, and CIN games to have a legit shot at the playoffs. We don't match-up good at all with KC, NE, LAV, or BUF to end the season. all four teams have a really good running game, and 3 of the 4 have a good scrambling QB. We have to somehow win 4 of 7 to sniff the playoffs imo. If we lose one of the next three, our chances take a huge hit.

The Dolphins have released Jordan Howard.

Looks like drew lock could be out against us.

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast