Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 421 to 429 of 429
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Also doesn’t hurt when you have a bunch of backups that have no chance of winning against one of the best Dlines in the NFL.
    Exactly. It was the perfect storm.

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,980
    I don't have any subscriptions to any FL news papers, but what the heck is going on with this whole shooting in GA, and police wanting to interview Howard? I mean, there is a lot of smoke here. any more details?

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,613
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I don't have any subscriptions to any FL news papers, but what the heck is going on with this whole shooting in GA, and police wanting to interview Howard? I mean, there is a lot of smoke here. any more details?
    I was wondering if I should post about it but at first it seemed like nothing and now it is officially nothing.

    The story started as someone last June shot at Howard’s former agent. One of the suspects is someone close to X. The police wanted to talk to X but he declined throughout the season.

    But as of this morning, the investigation around X has been closed inactive, which means they aren’t pursuing it right now but if more information comes available they could open it again.

    So not great that X is somehow involved in more legal issues this year, but as of right now it seems like nothing is going to come of it.

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,405
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I was wondering if I should post about it but at first it seemed like nothing and now it is officially nothing.

    The story started as someone last June shot at Howard’s former agent. One of the suspects is someone close to X. The police wanted to talk to X but he declined throughout the season.

    But as of this morning, the investigation around X has been closed inactive, which means they aren’t pursuing it right now but if more information comes available they could open it again.

    So not great that X is somehow involved in more legal issues this year, but as of right now it seems like nothing is going to come of it.
    I didn't even hear anything about this, but for sure this will only make the fins FO want to trade him while they can even more.

    If we can get good value for him to use towards Watson, that would be awesome.

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,613
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I didn't even hear anything about this, but for sure this will only make the fins FO want to trade him while they can even more.

    If we can get good value for him to use towards Watson, that would be awesome.
    Shhhhhh, I mentioned that the other day and was treated like I said we should trade away Marino.

    But the funny thing is that all of this info came super late to the media. The story was from last June, and the case was closed by the time it was starting to be reported.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,613
    So Jaylen Waddle said on NFL Network that he prefers Jones over Tua.

    This offseason is fun.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,980
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    So Jaylen Waddle said on NFL Network that he prefers Jones over Tua.

    This offseason is fun.
    I'm not worried about this at all. Waddle played more with Jones anyways. When had a full season with Bama, I'm not sure where on the depth chart Waddle was. Maybe WR4/5 in 2019? He got more playing time with Jones, so of course he will say Jones.

    As for Smith's comments, again, Smith was the only go to WR on the team once Waddle went down, so of course he got targeted like a maniac and will say Jones too.

    You're talking about a guy that 99% of analysts and NFL FO guys would have taken top 5, prior to his injury, and maybe 80% as well as after (Tua), to a guy that is deemed a fringe 1st rd QB in this year's draft just because of team's needs.

    Tua over Jones all day, every day, and twice on Sundays

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,613
    Oh I think the comments are 1000% them trying to help their guy get drafted. Of course Smith would prefer the guy that helped him go from a fringe 1st to top 10 talent. But it’s just hilarious how every week there’s just someone else throwing Tua under the bus.

    I was so looking forward to this offseason being calm and relaxing, just enjoying a good season and excited for Tua. Then the Raiders and Bills games happened and everything turned to **** lol.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,613
    Not really a great spot to post it in so I figured I’d do it here:

    Flores talked to the media today, here’s the highlights of what I saw.

    Said he was excited to work with Tua and expects a big leap from year 1 to 2. Mentioned that Tua had a rough start to his career with the rehab and crazy offseason and felt like he played well given the circumstances. Apparently had lunch with him just yesterday.

    The decision to go with the CO-OC route was because of Tua and the young players on the offense. Wanted to keep things the same to help with the development. Said the play caller hasn’t been determined yet but loves the twos communication. Mentions that Studs preparing for playcalling duties last year in case Gailey got sick.

    Would be open to Fitz coming back but mentioned the cap as an issue.

    They just finished their draft meetings yesterday and have a pretty good idea of the top guys. Feels like they can get one of them within the top 10 (so we trading back)

    Said he always wants to play the song “You can’t always get what you want” on the first day of FA. Hinting that they might not go for a big splash.

    Also some coach juggling. Basically promoted most of the assistant guys to replace the moves they made. Danny Crossman is the new Assistant HC.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •