Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Saw an article on the phinphantastic: Are the Miami Dolphins waiting on Ken Dorsey for OC?
    by Brian Miller

He was connecting the dots and guessing our OC would be Dorsey, because Brian Daboll is the OC in Buffalo where ken Dorsey is the QB’s coach. Daboll was Tua’s OC in Alabama before leaving to Buffalo. So Dorsey would run Daboll’s offense in Miami—-Which Tua is familiar with. Then he said Frye who’s our new QB’s coach knows Dorsey from their days together with the Cleveland Browns. He said they are still close friends.
    If it was Dorsey why not just announce it by now? I legitimately think they’re staying in house and using the Senior bowl as a test run. If Flo doesn’t like it then maybe go after some guys.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    If it was Dorsey why not just announce it by now? I legitimately think they’re staying in house and using the Senior bowl as a test run. If Flo doesn’t like it then maybe go after some guys.
    I agree. I think its going to be Stud promoted to OC.

Pep Hamilton is going to be the QB coach for the Texans. So at this point literally the only candidates we publicly looked at are Stud and Godsey.

I still have my fingers crossed that is Bieniemy.

I still have my fingers crossed that is Bieniemy.
    Lateral move. Won't happen. Actually he might even consider it a demotion. Going from prepping the game plan for the best offense in the world vs calling plays for a popgun offense.

In what world would bieneimy want to come to Miami? I get that maybe he gets to leave and prove he can do it without Reid and Mahomes, but that’s also the biggest risk he could take.

Cam Wolfe is reporting that Miami has not reached out to Ken Dorsey yet. They plan to finish the Senior Bowl before they make a decision. According to Barry, Dorsey would be open to the position, but hasn’t heard from the team.

I really don’t think there’s much to argue here. It’s leaning towards Studs or Godsey and the team is using this week as a trial run. If they completely blow it then maybe go outside.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-29-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Rams have traded QB Jared Goff, 2 1st round picks and a third to the Lions for Matt Stafford.

I have literally no idea what this means for the Lions QB situation. Clearly they don’t hold Goff in the highest regard because they had to take a ton of picks to accept the trade, but is this team really going to trade up for one? At best this says to me that this is a team someone has to hop in front of now because they’ll be willing to take a QB if one drops to them.

No idea if this is a good or bad thing for us lol.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-30-2021 at 11:24 PM.

I think he needs to take that risk as he keeps getting passed over for HC jobs and it has to be that he’s looked at as a guy who lucked into a job with a great HC with a great offensive mind and a great QB. We would give him the opportunity to show what he can do calling his own plays and developing a QB.

I dunno who will be OC, but if I remember correctly, Gailey was hired immediately once we moved on from Chad.

So I do think something is going on, I just dunno what.

I think he needs to take that risk as he keeps getting passed over for HC jobs and it has to be that he’s looked at as a guy who lucked into a job with a great HC with a great offensive mind and a great QB. We would give him the opportunity to show what he can do calling his own plays and developing a QB.
    Dude that guy isn't going anywhere unless its for a HC position.

And really if owners were comfortable with him as a HC, he would of been hired by now. Some Guys are great coordinators, but they don't have HC ability, and clearly that's what teams think about him. Being a HC is a whole new ballgame.

I know there’s some messed up stuff in his past that has to scaring some teams off. I also think he just has to be absolutely terrible in these interviews. Something like he farted when he shook the owners hand.

But of course there’s also the fact that the NFL is still a big ol boys club run by a bunch of old white dudes. The fact that there was only one black HC hired this cycle is hilarious.

Rams have traded QB Jared Goff, 2 1st round picks and a third to the Lions for Matt Stafford.

I have literally no idea what this means for the Lions QB situation. Clearly they don’t hold Goff in the highest regard because they had to take a ton of picks to accept the trade, but is this team really going to trade up for one? At best this says to me that this is a team someone has to hop in front of now because they’ll be willing to take a QB if one drops to them.

No idea if this is a good or bad thing for us lol.
    I think this likely means the Lions will not trade up for a QB. They have a lot of needs and will likely be tanking this year.

They’re going to play the game of “oh we might take him if he falls” but aren’t moving up. So we can make the argument that teams have to at least jump them. Feels like it hurts our trade a bit, but nothing crazy.

Panthers apparently offered #8 for Stafford. They are being super aggressive to get a QB, so my money is on them selling out for Watson or being super aggressive to move up.

Panthers apparently offered #8 for Stafford. They are being super aggressive to get a QB, so my money is on them selling out for Watson or being super aggressive to move up.
    If Watson gets traded, I hope its to the NFC. I think its going to be NYJ or SF. SF is my dark horse, cause I think HOU would take Jimmy G and three 1sts. Caserio and Easterby know Jimmy G so well from his time in NE, that it makes perfect sense in reality.

As for #3, it comes down to CIN (for Sewell), CAR, DEN, SF, or WSH. I cannot see MIA trading outside the top 10 though. I honestly believe CIN makes the jump to #3 if Sewell is available. MIA can use Sewell, and I think CIN knows it. Who knows what direction ATL goes, cause they could get Sewell and keep Ryan.

Most likely trades for #3 imo:

CIN for #5 and #38 for #3 and #181
    CAR for #8, #39, and 2022 1st rd pick for #3
    DEN for #9, #40, and 2022 1st rd pick for #3

I would only trade out of the top 10 if we ended up getting a very good WR in FA (like Godwin or Golloday)

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast