Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Obviously all the conspiracy theories point to Godsey for his role change to QB coach. But Flo has said multiple times that he thinks Studesville is a future OC and HC.

Not happy with it, but thatís what it looks like unless they had some secret interviews that didnít get out. I just donít get why Flo would look at a 53 year old lifelong RB coach and say ďthis is the guy I want building an offense around my franchise QBĒ. But this is the same guy that hired Gailey to begin with.
    I mean if the guy can bring a top notch running game to the team, that would be huge for tua. And clearly Flo wants a running game.

The defense is top notch, adding a running game would be huge for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I canít see an internal promotion happening as I agree with what was said before, if it was someone from with in, it would have happened by now. But yet why announce/promote a OL coach when you donít have an OCówe would all think that the OC would be able to pick his own staff. With that being said Iím thinking itís Eric Bieniemy. Yes itís a lateral move but not rally since heís not the play caller in KC. He has to realize if he wants to be a HC he needs to ďproveĒ that he can be a good coach and run an offense on his own.
    this will never happen lol. He is with a perennial SB contender in KC. He wants to become a HC more than anything else in his career. going from KC to MIA on a lateral move would be a terrible career move lol. He's learning from one of the best HCs in the league under Reid.

I'm still dumfounded as to how someone has not given him the chance yet. maybe he does not interview well, like reports suggest? who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I mean if the guy can bring a top notch running game to the team, that would be huge for tua. And clearly Flo wants a running game.

The defense is top notch, adding a running game would be huge for us.
    It would make sense if that is our coordinator. Complimentary football 101. Control the clock and play defense. Not as exciting as all of the air shows currently happening in the NFL but it is a proven way to win games and bring along a young QB. Plus, it is a friendly system regardless of your QB at any time. I think it has become easier to build an offensive team than even a few years ago, but even if you can get close to that, having a tough D and running game will always give you a leg up.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-22-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Sources: New Mexico QB coach Jordan Salkin is leaving for a job with the Miami Dolphins. Salkin will be an offensive assistant in Miami.

The Miami Dolphins are hiring Central Michigan OC Charlie Frye as the quarterback coach. Also announced that they parted ways with Robby Brown.

The fact that theyíre hiring guys makes it obvious that they have SOMEONE already locked up. The fact that Frye is being the QB coach makes me feel like itís Godsey or theyíre having him fall back to purely TE coach. There is the possibility that itís Dorsey, who played with Fyre in Cleveland, but I find it weird that nothing has come out about us asking for an interview.

Fyre was the QB coach for Tua at the elite 11 camp, so at least thatís somewhat of a good sign that theyíre building around him.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-23-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    It would make sense if that is our coordinator. Complimentary football 101. Control the clock and play defense. Not as exciting as all of the air shows currently happening in the NFL but it is a proven way to win games and bring along a young QB. Plus, it is a friendly system regardless of your QB at any time. I think it has become easier to build an offensive team than even a few years ago, but even if you can get close to that, having a tough D and running game will always give you a leg up.
    I always said, when we had tannehill that our top goal in the off season should be to give him a running game, because hes not good enough to be good without that.

I think Tua is better, but with this defense, a top 5 run game would be huge for us. That allows tua to get pressured less, it allows our defense to rest more, it allows our staff to depend more on the run game. Having a great run game is needed if you don't have a top level qb, and even the top level qbs need a good run game from time to time.

Gaskins was far and above better than we expected, but we need a Nick Chubb, a dude who can dominate and force the other team to focus on him.

^^^^Im telling you, if you want Nick Chubb, you draft Jevonta Williams. Heís my favorite player in this draft. Heís so physical that UNC used him as a FB at times!

^^^^Im telling you, if you want Nick Chubb, you draft Jevonta Williams. Heís my favorite player in this draft. Heís so physical that UNC used him as a FB at times!
    Actually I'd prefer an air-based offense with the next Patrick Mahomes / Aaron Rodgers, but since they are hard to come by and this team appears ready to go with a ground game and defense, I'll have to wait, possibly indefinitely lol.

Actually I'd prefer an air-based offense with the next Patrick Mahomes / Aaron Rodgers, but since they are hard to come by and this team appears ready to go with a ground game and defense, I'll have to wait, possibly indefinitely lol.
    Everyone wants that lol. I mean if youíre going to consistently beat the Chiefs and Bills itíll be because you can score 40 points. Building an impossible passing game would be great, but you can also do that with a very balanced offense. Get a run game that averages 150ish a game and it opens up so much for the passing game AND helps you sustain long drives.

Everyone wants that lol. I mean if youíre going to consistently beat the Chiefs and Bills itíll be because you can score 40 points. Building an impossible passing game would be great, but you can also do that with a very balanced offense. Get a run game that averages 150ish a game and it opens up so much for the passing game AND helps you sustain long drives.
    The Bills may still come back to Earth, too. Not as abruptly as a drunk Bills fan being thrown through a table by her husband, but the league may catch up to their offense in a year.

It's not only about putting up 30+ points in a game against KC. It's about limiting KC on the scoreboard. If you can get a good pass rush and slow down the slants that Hill and Kelce run, then you can hold a team like that in check for a bit. Get a decent running game going and take time off the clock, plus be able to bend a bit on D, but not break . . . and high octane offenses come back down to Earth.

I agree that a good ground game will be beneficial for Tua and this offense, but we also need those weapons on the outside to keep defenses honest. Defenses really played a short field against us in 2020, knowing we had no weapons that could actually stretch the field or blow the top off the secondary. If we get that component for Tua, this offense will be really good. Thats why I want to see Tua in 2021 with actual weapons . . . could make us stop thinking about Watson

^^^^I know itís the homer in me, but I honestly think our defensive performance is the best you can hope for against the Chiefs. Theyíre going to score 30 no matter what, but theyíre going to have a few brain farts here and there. Whether itís a dropped pass or turnover. Mahomes threw the most dropped INTs in the league this year, but our defense doesnít drop them. The important thing is to capitalize off of those plays, so it still comes down to scoring.

Tua absolutely still needs help in the passing game, but there are so many good WRs in this draft and FA. We donít have to get the top guys at all. I love the top 3 WRs to fill their specific roles, but thereís definitely other guys in this draft. If we decided to go Sewell and Najee rd 1 I would still be happy if we decided to add 2 guys on day 2 or 3. Plus you can add Marvin Jones or Breshad Perriman in FA.

The Bills may still come back to Earth, too. Not as abruptly as a drunk Bills fan being thrown through a table by her husband, but the league may catch up to their offense in a year.
    Still have to worry about the Josh Allen drop off of course. He played incredible this year but fell into old habits in the playoffs, so itís certainly possible. Plus how good are they when Daboll leaves? But until Flores can actually beat them, Iím going to hold them to a high standard.

For 2nd straight day, Eric Studesville is taking a significant role calling plays for the National Senior Bowl offense. Good opportunity got him. Studesville interviewed for Dolphins OC job 2 weeks ago and Brian Flores has a lot of respect for him.

Per Cameron Wolfe

Godsey and Fyre got time yesterday as well. If Studesville continues to take it this week I think we got an idea.

Saw an article on the phinphantastic: Are the Miami Dolphins waiting on Ken Dorsey for OC?
    by Brian Miller

He was connecting the dots and guessing our OC would be Dorsey, because Brian Daboll is the OC in Buffalo where ken Dorsey is the QBís coach. Daboll was Tuaís OC in Alabama before leaving to Buffalo. So Dorsey would run Dabollís offense in Miamió-Which Tua is familiar with. Then he said Frye whoís our new QBís coach knows Dorsey from their days together with the Cleveland Browns. He said they are still close friends.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 01-27-2021 at 09:40 PM.

Tua Tagovailoa insight makes money for Terrell Owens

https://www.al.com/sports/2021/01/tu...ell-owens.html

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast