Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Anyone worried about Tua is crazy right now or they just donít actually know how to watch college prospects. Tua was never going to be a stud right away because he doesnít have the physical tools to overcome growing pains. Heís a technician and that will win with accuracy and knowledge. I have complete faith that he will eventually reach an elite level of processing. Now the concern is how long does that take? Brees became elite halfway through his career when he had the mental aspect. Does it take Tua that long?

I only brought up the Bowden tweet because I thought it was so bogus for some teammates to throw him under the bus.

Theres nothing crazy about questioning Tua, I loved him in college, I was hyped we got him.

But he doesn't have the elite size, athleticism, and arm, that other elite qbs have.

Normally I wouldn't be worried about those things, but in 9 games he didn't light up the scoreboard at all. Even bad qbs have big games. Burrow and Herbert both showed the ability to really sling the ball at times.

I'm not calling him a bust by any means, but for sure there's questions about just how good he is in the NFL. This isn't college anymore, what he did in college doesn't matter anymore.

He was solid this year, but I don't think we saw anything that really wowed us.

Now that the Saints lost, thereís a few guys Iíd love to interview for the OC spot. Also have to think about someone from the Rams roster as well.

Also the huge news tonight is LAC hiring Staley over Daboll. Obviously still spots open for him, but if he stays that sucks a lot to deal with, but could mean we could interview Ken Dorsey.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-17-2021 at 11:25 PM.

I think Dorsey would be a good option to be honest. He's helped Allen progress. Flores is all about giving someone a chance though, so I can see Stud or Godsey getting the call.

The Dolphins will have a new offensive line coach in 2021. Miami is promoting*Lemuel Jeanpierre to offensive line coach, according to a league source. Multiple other organizations had inquired about Jeanpierre. Offensive line coach Steve Marshall will not return.

Everyone seems to think that since we made an assistant coach decision that weíre going with an internal guy at OC.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-19-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The Dolphins will have a new offensive line coach in 2021. Miami is promoting*Lemuel Jeanpierre to offensive line coach, according to a league source. Multiple other organizations had inquired about Jeanpierre. Offensive line coach Steve Marshall will not return.

Everyone seems to think that since we made an assistant coach decision that weíre going with an internal guy at OC.
    I 100% believe its internal, as much as I don't want it to be.

what internal guy would be worthy of that though?

I mean, with our defense, our draft picks, and coming off 10 games, it would be a hard decision to give someone a job like that who isn't close to proven as a OC.

I think well hire someone outside.

I love seeing Dan Campbell getting his shot at HC. I wanted him to be retained as HC soooooo bad prior to Gase being hired. Aaron Glenn also getting a shot at DC for him. i like the Campbell/Glenn hiring more than Saleh/Lafleur, but i'm biased

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I love seeing Dan Campbell getting his shot at HC. I wanted him to be retained as HC soooooo bad prior to Gase being hired. Aaron Glenn also getting a shot at DC for him. i like the Campbell/Glenn hiring more than Saleh/Lafleur, but i'm biased
    I think he was the best coach on staff by far at the time, especially considering the mess going on behind the scenes at the time. I used to get info from within the building and it was not pretty back then. Same could be said for Todd Bowles IMO. I'd like to see him get another shot with a less dysfunctional outfit.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-21-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    what internal guy would be worthy of that though?

I mean, with our defense, our draft picks, and coming off 10 games, it would be a hard decision to give someone a job like that who isn't close to proven as a OC.

I think well hire someone outside.
    Obviously all the conspiracy theories point to Godsey for his role change to QB coach. But Flo has said multiple times that he thinks Studesville is a future OC and HC.

Not happy with it, but thatís what it looks like unless they had some secret interviews that didnít get out. I just donít get why Flo would look at a 53 year old lifelong RB coach and say ďthis is the guy I want building an offense around my franchise QBĒ. But this is the same guy that hired Gailey to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I think he was the best coach on staff by far at the time, especially considering the mess going on behind the scenes at the time. I used to get info from within the building and it was not pretty back then. Same could be said for Tood Bowles IMO. I'd like to see him get another shot with a less dysfunctional outfit.
    How dare you disrespect Kacey Rodgers. Campbell was a borderline strength and conditioning coach compared to Rodgers. The Dline hasnít been remotely as impactful since he left.

so Hue Jackson is interviewing for the Steelers OC spot. Maybe Canada is not a shoe in there after all. I wonder if Flo is waiting for the PIT shoe to drop before moving on with more interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    How dare you disrespect Kacey Rodgers. Campbell was a borderline strength and conditioning coach compared to Rodgers. The Dline hasnít been remotely as impactful since he left.
    Not saying DC's an X's and O's genius, but if he can find decent coordinators I think he is a good motivator and should be a good leader. I have no idea who the GM is, but with any talent, I think DC can motivate and make decisions with confidence that inspires players to work hard for him. That's his job and that alone will get you out of the basement and to mediocre. We had no leadership and motivation with Philbin and Philbin even made it difficult for his coaches to lead with his control freak tendencies over image of the franchise. I guess that eventually blew up in his face though! I thought Kacey Rodgers was out before that all ended but I just read that he stayed on through 2014. No disrespect intended to him, I just thought he left for a promotion earlier, probably due to my lower level of engagement with the NFL in general since those days.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-21-2021 at 04:43 PM.

I canít see an internal promotion happening as I agree with what was said before, if it was someone from with in, it would have happened by now. But yet why announce/promote a OL coach when you donít have an OCówe would all think that the OC would be able to pick his own staff. With that being said Iím thinking itís Eric Bieniemy. Yes itís a lateral move but not rally since heís not the play caller in KC. He has to realize if he wants to be a HC he needs to ďproveĒ that he can be a good coach and run an offense on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    so Hue Jackson is interviewing for the Steelers OC spot. Maybe Canada is not a shoe in there after all. I wonder if Flo is waiting for the PIT shoe to drop before moving on with more interviews?
    Pitt is also interviewing Pep Hamilton, but Tom Pelissero said today on the Pat McAfee show that Canada is still getting the job.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast