Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
    Yeah at the time of that trade PIT was winless and Ben was hurt, it was looking like a top 8 pick at worse. That was a fantastic trade. Now with what we got, thats TBD but the trade gets a A+

Since we talked about Phillips, he spoke with the media yesterday and talked about where he’s at. Said he’s still getting settled in, missing half of camp will do that to ya, and that he’s learning you can’t just bully or hand swipe every OT you see like he did in college.

He also mentioned that last year he didn’t even know what a Cover 3 was. Media is running with it since it continues a trend of “Tua doesn’t know the playbook” and “Noah learned the scheme from Madden”.

Personally I don’t see a problem with it as Phillips was a DE so why would he know coverages. Now that he’s playing LB he has to know what’s going on behind him. But my issue is still why are we asking this guy to play LB?

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Since we talked about Phillips, he spoke with the media yesterday and talked about where he’s at. Said he’s still getting settled in, missing half of camp will do that to ya, and that he’s learning you can’t just bully or hand swipe every OT you see like he did in college.

He also mentioned that last year he didn’t even know what a Cover 3 was. Media is running with it since it continues a trend of “Tua doesn’t know the playbook” and “Noah learned the scheme from Madden”.

Personally I don’t see a problem with it as Phillips was a DE so why would he know coverages. Now that he’s playing LB he has to know what’s going on behind him. But my issue is still why are we asking this guy to play LB?
    Because Flores refuses to go to a classic 4-3 set, and I don't blame him. We don't have the personnel to excel in a 4-3 set at this time imo. And that's because we have Baker and Roberts as our only good options at LBer. Now would i be bothered to see Ogbah-Seiler-Wilkins-Phillips on passing downs with AVG, Baker at LBer? no, I wouldn't. but our roster just isn't good enough to make a switch like that. I think Phillips has the twitch and athleticism to be a good OLB, I really do. I like what is happening with Phillips because come year end, he should be fully integrated into the defense and know sooooo much more about what is happening. In the long run, it's the right play for him and our team.

Ok I still think the Minkah trade sucked, but we did get incredible value for the trade at the time. Jacksonville just traded CJ Henderson to the Panthers for TE Dan Arnold and a 3rd. Henderson was a top 10 pick just last year.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334