Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    He won't get that, Gobert got 4 years 57M thats where the price range is.

Also much harder in this league to find a TE like Gesicki who is a mismtach than a #2 WR.
    And that's why he will probably get close to 4/60. Contracts are all about getting a tiny bit more than the previous player just got. We saw it with X, we saw it with other players after Baker was extended. $60M is not out of the realm of possibility for Gesicki, especially if he's allowed to hit the FA market. I agree Goedert is now the floor for Gesicki, but not the ceiling.

After cuts and/or trades, we could have darn near $90M in cap space (thinking both Parker and Rowe are gone). this team can afford to sign Gesicki, even if they trade for Watson. If this team trades for Watson, then it's even more pressing to surround him with a weapon like Gesicki. You can't blow your draft load over the next two years on a franchise QB and not have adequate weapons for him to throw to.

Without Gesicki (and also i'm assuming they release Parker), we'll be stuck with possibly Watson and Waddle. that's it.
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 11-23-2021 at 09:33 AM.

It also just continues to send a message of rewarding your players. Everyone on the team sees the teammate Mike is and how competitive he is. He’s also clearly one of the most talented guys on the team. Have to reward him. At least give him the Jonnu Smith deal where you give him a high amount of guarantees but keep the cap hit lower.

But again, I unfortunately think the coaching staff just doesn’t want him. The three TEs pretty much got the same amount of snaps against the Jets even though Geiscki has been a monster against that team.

Why pay a guy who is a match up nightmare when you can have Adam Shaheen and Hunter Long play with their hand in the dirt?

Looking forward: Giants fired OC Jason Garrett.

Means the Giants will have a new OC when we play them so hopefully we avoid that ol Gase saying of “they fired their OC so we expected them to play fired up” or whatever it is.

I also fully expect Flores to make Garrett the OC in the offseason. Y’all wanted someone experienced well here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Looking forward: Giants fired OC Jason Garrett.

Means the Giants will have a new OC when we play them so hopefully we avoid that ol Gase saying of “they fired their OC so we expected them to play fired up” or whatever it is.

I also fully expect Flores to make Garrett the OC in the offseason. Y’all wanted someone experienced well here you go.
    LOL i was just thinking this lol. To be honest, I'd take Garrett at OC rather than Godsey/Stubes. I'm not sure Garrett would turn down an OC spot, even if he knew he might be on a lame duck coaching staff next year with Flo.

It also just continues to send a message of rewarding your players. Everyone on the team sees the teammate Mike is and how competitive he is. He’s also clearly one of the most talented guys on the team. Have to reward him. At least give him the Jonnu Smith deal where you give him a high amount of guarantees but keep the cap hit lower.

But again, I unfortunately think the coaching staff just doesn’t want him. The three TEs pretty much got the same amount of snaps against the Jets even though Geiscki has been a monster against that team.

Why pay a guy who is a match up nightmare when you can have Adam Shaheen and Hunter Long play with their hand in the dirt?
    i mean, if this FO was really enamored with Kyle Pitts, then why not keep Gesicki? I just don't understand the rationale of this staff and FO. sign FA's for one year then release them or trade them. draft back-ups (Iggy) over starters (Jonathan Taylor, D'Andre Swift).

Gesicki epitomizes a team player, hard worker, and ascending talent. It boggles my mind that they have zero qualms about handing Fuller $10M gauranteed, but not pay Gesicki.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    i mean, if this FO was really enamored with Kyle Pitts, then why not keep Gesicki? I just don't understand the rationale of this staff and FO. sign FA's for one year then release them or trade them. draft back-ups (Iggy) over starters (Jonathan Taylor, D'Andre Swift).

Gesicki epitomizes a team player, hard worker, and ascending talent. It boggles my mind that they have zero qualms about handing Fuller $10M gauranteed, but not pay Gesicki.
    Freak out after the off-season if we don't extend him. Until then just chill.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Freak out after the off-season if we don't extend him. Until then just chill.
    i also just realized that if MIA uses the franchise tag on him, it's only a $10.8M cap hit. so i feel a little better knowing they can use it on him at a relatively low cost for his talent lol. I can see the FO using the tag on him over Ogbah just due to the cap costs.

Dolphins claimed RB Phillip Lindsey. Dudes been *** this year but obviously it’s nice that they FINALLY take a shot on a notable RB.

Dolphins claimed RB Phillip Lindsey. Dudes been *** this year but obviously it’s nice that they FINALLY take a shot on a notable RB.
    If you throw enough darts maybe 1 hits the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    If you throw enough darts maybe 1 hits the board.
    That’s honestly my biggest issue with the RB position so far. It’s one thing to pass on some top backs in the draft, but if you’re going the cheap route you at least need to take more shots than Grier has taken.

That’s honestly my biggest issue with the RB position so far. It’s one thing to pass on some top backs in the draft, but if you’re going the cheap route you at least need to take more shots than Grier has taken.
    I agree. We have maybe the worst RB tandem in the league. I say Gaskin is a ok runner but in all other aspects he is a liability. I don't care at all for Ahmed. I was happy when we took a shot on Duke Johnson but he hasn't done anything in 2 games, now its Lindsay turn. Lindsay if he works out is a 3rd down improvement, which has been a big issue with me.

I think Lindsay would be great of he had a hole to run through. This line needs a battering ram. Maybe they sign and keep him next year and actually fix the line. I just read what I wrote and laughed.

I’m not expecting him to look like the pro bowl RB we saw a few years ago, but he’s at least explosive and proven at this point. Not that expensive and worth a shot. Maybe he does well in the scheme and we find a decent player for next year.

The team has restructured Xavien Howard contract to free up 3.7mil in cap space. We were right up on the cap after adding Lindsay so this just gives us some wiggle room. I also take it as a good sign that these two parties were able to work on something like that.

Since the Broncos signed two of my favorite FA WRs, the guy I would be looking at to replace Parker is Cowboys Michael Gallup. Dude is just so good at congested catches but is an incredible route runner as well. Perfect fit for the X WR role.

Also if the Raiders get a new coaching staff, I’d love to snag the OC Greg Olson. Super aggressive scheme. I feel like I never see the Raiders just give up on 3rd and long. Also knows how to use a guy like Geiscki/Waller.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-25-2021 at 09:24 PM.

I need Wrench to show up this weekend so we can be obnoxious Michigan fans about this win.

Michigans defense is so stinking good right now. Hutchinson is going #1 this year in the draft and it doesn’t feel close. Let’s all just pray the Oregon guy goes #2 to the Texans so the Jets don’t get lucky.

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast