Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 632
  1. #511
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,608
    Glazer and Josina are two of the most respected reporters in the game lol. If they say something it has weight to it.

  2. #512
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,608
    If Tua comes back against Jacksonville he needs to put up some numbers. Burrows just played an incredible game against this TV and the London game would be a great chance to shut some people up.

  3. #513
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    678
    I agree Kody.

    I do think trading for Watson is much more likely now than it has been and I'm fine with it. Put some conditions in there incase of a suspension. and if he does get suspended you still have Tua. If Tua plays well during the suspension he will increase his trade value in the off season. I also believe a trade is more likely since we don't have our own 1st this year.

    Watson still hasn't budged on his interest for Miami and Miami only. Apparently Eagles aren't involved this time around.

  4. #514
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    i don't trust either one honestly. they have zero idea and are just throwing darts at a board hoping something sticks.

    But when Glazer stated that HOU already declined an offer of 3 1sts and 3 3rds . . . that part could have been an offer from Miami. If so, MIA can recoup at minimum one of the 3rds back from another team for Tua (in the off-season).

    If Watson truly wants to go to Miami and nowhere else, then Grier holds all the cards in a trade and can offer hot garbage and make HOU keep countering until there is a meeting in the middle.
    No way that is what Miami offered. If they did then the Texans would've been all over that because Watson has to waive his no trade clause AND he wants Miami and Miami only. That offer had to come from a team Watson wouldn't waive his no trade clause to, and in turn Houston had to decline.

    I think eventually it'll be 2 1sts and a 2nd or a 1st and 3 2nds with a condition on the 1st.

  5. #515
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,608
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    No way that is what Miami offered. If they did then the Texans would've been all over that because Watson has to waive his no trade clause AND he wants Miami and Miami only. That offer had to come from a team Watson wouldn't waive his no trade clause to, and in turn Houston had to decline.

    I think eventually it'll be 2 1sts and a 2nd or a 1st and 3 2nds with a condition on the 1st.
    They originally declined the offer, but Glazer points out that theyíve softened on the stance a bit and may be willing to take it. Glazer tweeted yesterday that itís basically on Houston to accept the offer at this point and that Miami has made a compelling offer.

    Miami is in this and are willing to spend what it takes. Itís just a matter of the Texans thinking they can get more. Itís ridiculous to think at this point that Miami isnít in on this. I think the only thing I would argue about is that Miami definitely has conditions worked into these offers. Thereís just no way they donít.

    I forget who it was, but someone posted a good thread on Twitter of the real issue with trading for Watson right now. Itís not that he can be suspended at any second. Heíll more than likely play out most of this season. But once the hearings start, and once the jury sends this to the courts, thatís when you could see him thrown onto the commissioners list. That could be as early as December, and the whole legal situation at that point could take a year or two for the courts to clear up. So itís more of Watson being suspended next year instead of this year, which could lead to why Miami keeps Tua during this time.

    Btw Josina is reporting that Miami could possibly flip Tua for a 2nd to Washington. But god dammit guys Iím not doing Watson talk! You wonít trick me into doing it! No way no how!

  6. #516
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,608
    ESPN is reporting that Tua is expected to play against the Jags. So just one more week of genuinely not caring about the games.

  7. #517
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,608
    In other depressing news, Matt Skura joins Elumenor and Flowers as guys playing incredible at OG that we decided werenít good enough.

    Apparently he started at LG this week for the Giants and manhandled the Saints Dline.

    That bothers me more than all the Herbert talk that happened yesterday. We had 3 guys who everyone on the outside thought had talent, but the team never gave them a shot because they werenít the drafted by us or they just couldnít get the most out of them.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-05-2021 at 11:14 AM.

  8. #518
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,303
    we have had no good, experienced OL coach that could teach these guys how to gel together. overpay for an OL guru next off-season.

  9. #519
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,303
    I also don't think that Grant will be the last player traded prior to the deadline. We will lose to the Bucs, and IF we lose to the Jags . . . we have to start trading valuable chips. I'm talking Gesicki, Rowe, X . . . cannot wait until it's too late again. See the writing on the wall and make the moves with understanding that the FO failed again, and redo it all over. either get picks for 2022, or just stock up for another massive draft haul for 2023 (albeit with a new GM and coach if that's the case). If Tua doesn't pan out, you have another war chest for 2023 to try again at a franchise QB. Both CJ Stroud and DJ Uiagalelei might come out in 2023, and both would be prime targets if we need another QB.

    I would hope they are kicking the tires on Taylor Decker though. He really has no future in DET as they rebuild.

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,608
    God I hope thereís more trades or cuts. I need it after this weekend. I wanna see people gone. Although I donít think this is a situation where you sell everyone again. This doesnít look like a talent problem anymore. In a few spots sure, but the coaching stinks.

    Btw Charles Harris has more sacks this season than any player on the Dolphins. Xavien Howard is also the last player on the team from both the 2016-2017 drafts.

    Life is fun.

  11. #521
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    886
    +1 on Taylor Decker.

  12. #522
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    God I hope thereís more trades or cuts. I need it after this weekend. I wanna see people gone. Although I donít think this is a situation where you sell everyone again. This doesnít look like a talent problem anymore. In a few spots sure, but the coaching stinks.

    Btw Charles Harris has more sacks this season than any player on the Dolphins. Xavien Howard is also the last player on the team from both the 2016-2017 drafts.

    Life is fun.
    i think everyone in this forum knew Charles Harris was a bum. he was a terrible 1st rd pick. if you're sad he is not on the team anymore, then i guess you're the only one lol. I'd take Ogbah, AVG, and Phillips over Harris every single day of the week without questioning it.

  13. #523
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    31,062
    https://twitter.com/PFF_Dolphins/sta...yAuALqcLg&s=19

    Phillips 2nd highest rookie, he's winning just not getting there just yet. Pressure is still good though.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  14. #524
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    31,062
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    In other depressing news, Matt Skura joins Elumenor and Flowers as guys playing incredible at OG that we decided werenít good enough.

    Apparently he started at LG this week for the Giants and manhandled the Saints Dline.

    That bothers me more than all the Herbert talk that happened yesterday. We had 3 guys who everyone on the outside thought had talent, but the team never gave them a shot because they werenít the drafted by us or they just couldnít get the most out of them.
    PFF gave Skura a 61 grade, that's what Deiter had over his 3 games. Eluemunor is at a 57, Hunt is at a 54. Neither are playing that well not that much better than what we have, still would have the same issues.

    Flowers is playing well but our cap this year is tight so had to save, though think we paid alot for him to go. They expected our two rookies from last year to grow and they didn't.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  15. #525
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,608
    ^^^^I was so insanely wrong on Kindley replacing him. I thought Kindley would at worst play to his same level. But I said it a few times, but that entire interior Oline last year was a collection of guys who would be fine as your worst player. It sounds like Flowers is thriving when he doesnít have to be the best player on the line.

    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    i think everyone in this forum knew Charles Harris was a bum. he was a terrible 1st rd pick. if you're sad he is not on the team anymore, then i guess you're the only one lol. I'd take Ogbah, AVG, and Phillips over Harris every single day of the week without questioning it.
    I think any reasonable person knows that moving on from Harris was the right move. Iím just joking about how hilarious this season has turned. It looked like weíve made so many good moves, albeit everything wasnít perfect, but the arrow was pointing up. And now every player we moved on from is a god at every position of need.

    Although it is nice to point out that KVN is apparently being replaced by Jamie Collins, so itís not all bad.

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •