Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    How can we properly evaluate Tua when we have no o-line? Yes, Watson can extend plays much much better than Tua but that doesn't "fix" the o-line. How long do we "evaluate" Tua now, do we give him another year? I literally don't know. I don't know how long Tua will be out but even when he does return our o-line will still be a disaster.

I'm fully onboard sending 3 1sts to the Texans for Watson with protections incase he is suspended by the league and/or found guilty, then they become 6th or 7th rounders. Heck, send me Gisecki as well. I can't remember if these are just allegations now or if there were charges pressed.
    Allegations I think, but the Texans said they don't want conditional picks, which is a huge problem if it's not a bluff.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 09-20-2021 at 08:23 PM.

I don't believe any of this gets cleared up until I think November is when its scheduled to start moving through the courts. But until Tua has a couple break-out games with a big Ws' against a playoff caliber squads, the Watson rumors will be swirling heavily.

Alright so wanted to look at see what the OL guys in FA have done so far. Just going to use PFF grades, I know some of you hate them but just easier this way.

Joe Thuney 61.4 (5/80M KC, prob would have had to give more to get him)
    Corey Linsley 52 (5/62M LAC)
    Kevin Zeitler 62.5 (3/22.5M BAL, one I liked the most for fit)
    Matt Feiler 79.3 (3/21M LAC, I didn't see one person want this guy)
    David Andrews 63.7 (4/19M with NE, getting him away from NE prob cost alot more)
    Alex Mack 62.7 (3/14.8M SF)
    Alejandro Villanueva 69.4 (2/14M BAL this one shows the flaws in PFF as BAL fans I know say he is terrible.)
    Pat Elflein 50.6 (3/13.5 CAR)
    Cameron Erving 61.7 (2/10 CAR Another dude who was unplayable early in his career)
    Eric Fisher 62 (1/8 IND)
    Riley Reiff 60.7 (1/7.5M CIN)
    Kendall Lamm 29.3 (2/6.8 TEN)
    Joe Haeg N/A (2/4.6 PIT)
    Ja'Wuan James N/A (2/4.6 BAL hurt as always)
    Charles Leno 63.7 (1/4 WAS - thought this was a steal)
    Morgan Moses 69.5 (1/3.6 NYJ - another I thought was a steal)
    Trai Turner 59.3 (1/3M PIT)

Now these are our guys grades
    Austin Jackson 53.8
    Solomon Kindley 59.7
    Michael Deiter 56.3
    Robert Hunt 48.8
    Jesse Davis 54.9
    Liam Eichenberg 60.2

So again just going off PFF, not watched these guys to know personally, only a handful of the guys in FA are clearly better than what we have. Our main issue on this line is none of them are good, all these other guys signed on teams and the lines at least have a few good players ours just has 5 below average guys so no one to cover when needed. They all need help blocking, can't leave a dude one-on-one and help double another.

^^^^ one other guy to add to your list is Myles Gaskin. Dude has a 14 grade on PFF. I think I argued with Plague over the summer that Maskin could pass block and boy was I wrong lol

Yeah did see his pass blocking for very poor, again that doesn't help when everyone on the line needs help. He's been good with the ball in his hand but need to get the other backs in there, Brown was signed being he was supposed to be a good 3rd down blocker when needed.

Also Ereck Flowers for those who might ask is at a 65.5

I wonder if this team could shift and try to be a more physical run team with these issues. We saw some good examples of duo blocks in the preseason especially on the right side. Maybe just go into the Vegas game and try to go super physical with Brown?

At least that helps you disguise Brown being on the field only for his pass blocking.

Man if you guys want to be depressed, the Dolphins got Austin Jackson and Jason Strowbridge for Minkah and Kevin Dotson(starting OG for the Steelers).

I think the Tunsil trade will work out in time because of Waddle and Noah, but that Minkah trade HURTS

Minkah straight up didn't want to play here. we were probably not going to win that trade. I'm okay with it because if someone doesn't want to be here, then see ya later. I'm not looking back. Hoping Holland turns into the type of playmaker Minkah is now. Holland is just straight nasty so far

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I wonder if this team could shift and try to be a more physical run team with these issues. We saw some good examples of duo blocks in the preseason especially on the right side. Maybe just go into the Vegas game and try to go super physical with Brown?

At least that helps you disguise Brown being on the field only for his pass blocking.
    I'd love it. Just run, run, run to help establish the PA to hit Fuller and Waddle for big gains. Run the ball to take away their great pass rush. That's how you win against them. then hit them with PA. But that also means less snaps for Gesicki if we're running

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I'd love it. Just run, run, run to help establish the PA to hit Fuller and Waddle for big gains. Run the ball to take away their great pass rush. That's how you win against them. then hit them with PA. But that also means less snaps for Gesicki if we're running
    Yea at the moment I think Geiscki is a rotational player unfortunately. Oline just isnít good enough to support him. Like I said before the season, but this guy in a scheme like NO or Carolina where itís very vertical and he will feast.

But I think the run game is the best fix for this Oline. Teams are going to start crowding the box again because theyíre not afraid of the deep ball. Last year it was because of the weapons, this year itís because we canít block long enough. So make them start to second guess the run option a split second longer.

Only problem is that we donít know if this Oline can run block well enough yet lol

The problem is we are currently sitting at 3.4 ypc as a team, but Gaskin alone has 5.3 ypc. Gaskin is clearly the better back, and he is only getting 42% of the rush attempts right now. That is not enough for him. If the running game is going to get going, you have to feed your best RB the ball, and that's Gaskin. So I absolutely think we can run the ball . . . . with Gaskin. I get he's not the best at picking up the blitz, but he's our most dangerous RB. he's the best RB at pass-catching too. if we're going to attempt to win, then he needs to be playing 60-70% of the snaps at RB.

When Brown is in the game, he is either running it, or he is there merely to try and help with blocking. he has yet to have a reception this year.

I believe the OL can give Gaskin anywhere between 4-4.3 ypc, and that equates to a lot of 3rd and shorts potentially. Have to start using him more.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Minkah straight up didn't want to play here. we were probably not going to win that trade. I'm okay with it because if someone doesn't want to be here, then see ya later. I'm not looking back. Hoping Holland turns into the type of playmaker Minkah is now. Holland is just straight nasty so far
    Holland was ranked ahead of Minkah week 1, I remember seeing the list. Just sayin'. He's just getting started. Love Holland.

I'd love to see Brown break a tackle before I go into the game depending on him to be physical. He feels like the type of back that needs to have a hole and get that head of steam to make LB's pay maybe, but unfortunately out line may not be the right one for him.

Holland looks great, donít get me wrong. Heís looked like everything youíve wanted him to be. Itís not a matter of replacing Minkah.

Itís more that we traded a legitimate All Pro caliber player for what turned into Austin Jackson. I know that Minkah was a baby about everything but I still donít think you had to trade him so quickly.

Holland looks great, donít get me wrong. Heís looked like everything youíve wanted him to be. Itís not a matter of replacing Minkah.

Itís more that we traded a legitimate All Pro caliber player for what turned into Austin Jackson. I know that Minkah was a baby about everything but I still donít think you had to trade him so quickly.
    I honestly think they did have to trade him right away. If he decided to sit, or just flat out not care and play terrible, his value would have sunk. They got a 1st rd pick for him right away, whereas had they waited, they may not have. Not only that, but PIT was winless at the time of the trade and Big Ben was hurt as well. Grier smelled blood and thought it would have been another top 10 pick potentially. Granted it was for Austin Jackson, but Jackson was a consensus top 5-6 OT in that draft.

Look at some of the guys that went before him. #3 Jeff Okudah, hurt now, but was terrible last year. #4 Andrew Thomas, huge disappointment in NYG. #11 Mekhi Becton, hurt both years. There were some huge misses so far along with Jackson.

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast