Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Off-Topic Thread

Haven't made one in awhile, but figured I'd make another to help us keep conversations going about things that aren't just the most recent game.

A good example, talking about who we're going to use that top 5 pick from Houston on
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-26-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Heres to hoping Hou has a sell off, and gives us the ammo to become a dynasty. The amount the talent we can add over the years if that pick becomes a pick that a team can use for a QB, is insane.

This would be like when Dallas made their big trade.

The endless high level talent we would be able to add off that one pick is obscene. And with Flores clearly doing the talent evaluations I have no doubt he would knock it out of the park.

If tua pans out, Our last draft could be all time great draft, get Flores more picks!

Yes, hopefully the pick is very high, top 5, and we can trade down with a qb needy team. Ideally, the team isn't a playoff contender but wants the flashy young rookie qb to sell tickets and to market to it's fan base. I don't have a problem trading down to 10 or early teens if it nets us something like a 3rd in 2021 and a 1st in 2022.

So, if we keep the pick I'm currently drooling over
    Micah Parsons
    Ja'Maar Chase
    Greg Rosseau
    Penei Sewell if we have an issue at RT but I hate the idea of moving him or A Jackson to RT

HOU has the worst bye week possible, because if they were to play, and lose, this coming Sunday, it would have provided even more evidence that they need to be big time sellers. Honestly, I'd gladly take Watt off their hands for a mid round pick. We have plenty of draft assets and cap space. We need DL/NT help bad if this team wants to try to push for a playoff spot. what we have rostered right now will not get the job done.

The Jets are locked into #1, but I am hoping beyond hope that Lawrence either stays in school ala Peyton Manning back in 1997, or he tells the Jets he won't play for them. Wouldn't that be the best? lol

I'm 100% locked in on Micah Parsons right now with a top 5 pick. He would instantly make our defense better. I know others don't want to hear it, but I'd also look at Patrick Surtain II. Yes we are set on paper with X and Jones, but either one can get hurt at any time. Surtain II is a lock-down corner that's just nasty. Doesn't hurt that his pop played for us neither

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    HOU has the worst bye week possible, because if they were to play, and lose, this coming Sunday, it would have provided even more evidence that they need to be big time sellers. Honestly, I'd gladly take Watt off their hands for a mid round pick. We have plenty of draft assets and cap space. We need DL/NT help bad if this team wants to try to push for a playoff spot. what we have rostered right now will not get the job done.

The Jets are locked into #1, but I am hoping beyond hope that Lawrence either stays in school ala Peyton Manning back in 1997, or he tells the Jets he won't play for them. Wouldn't that be the best? lol

I'm 100% locked in on Micah Parsons right now with a top 5 pick. He would instantly make our defense better. I know others don't want to hear it, but I'd also look at Patrick Surtain II. Yes we are set on paper with X and Jones, but either one can get hurt at any time. Surtain II is a lock-down corner that's just nasty. Doesn't hurt that his pop played for us neither
    Personally, I want nothing to do with JJ Watt. I want a decent amount of roll over cap for next year and I think he would be around a $7.5 mil cap hit rest of season. Plus he's more name than player to me. I'm surprise he isn't hurt right now!!

I do hate the Pat Surtain II idea. We'd be trading away X if that is the case and I don't see how he wouldn't net us a 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Yes, hopefully the pick is very high, top 5, and we can trade down with a qb needy team. Ideally, the team isn't a playoff contender but wants the flashy young rookie qb to sell tickets and to market to it's fan base. I don't have a problem trading down to 10 or early teens if it nets us something like a 3rd in 2021 and a 1st in 2022.

So, if we keep the pick I'm currently drooling over
    Micah Parsons
    Ja'Maar Chase
    Greg Rosseau
    Penei Sewell if we have an issue at RT but I hate the idea of moving him or A Jackson to RT
    The way this team is going, I think we're going to be at the point where we need to sell out to get playmakers. This last offseason was the meat and potatoes. Built up the trenches and depth. So if things continue to go well I'm trying to add as many playmakers as possible.

I'm cool with any of these 4, and Parsons fixes so much of our defense, but we desperately need speed at WR. Chase is obviously the top but Waddle was a dream fit before the injury. Im also very high on Randall Moore or Bateman to replace Williams if he struggles. Im also sprinting to get Najee at the start of Rd 2 and a Center early on. Make this offense as good as possible to help maximize Tua's growth next year. Hell, I would be more than ok with just becoming Alabama South this year. Take Waddle and Devonta rd1 followed with Najee and their Center in RD 2.

So some guy named Leger Douzable is reporting that the Dolphins are putting X on the trading block. Everyone brushed it off at first but Safid Deen of the Sun Sentinel is saying there's some truth.

If I had to wager they're listening to offers of course like they always do. It would be weird to do since he's had a few good games in a row after coming back from surgery and is at least showing hes getting back to being a playmaker. But you're paying a lot for a guy that is clearly not a top cover guy consistently and has a history of injuries.

According to league sources, the Dolphins are fielding offers for the Pro Bowl talent, who has pulled down four interceptions in the past four games, and 16 interceptions in the 39 games hes played since the 2017 season.

The source said the Dolphins already have an offer on the table for Howard, and is seriously considering moving the 27 year old before the NFL trade deadline, which is Tuesday at 4 p.m.

Man I am completely torn on the idea of trading X. I was 100% ok during the offseason but he's starting to look like the old X. But of course you cannot rely on him at this point to avoid more injuries, and even though Noah clearly wasn't ready yet you did spend a 1st on him.

If we trade X and Noah struggles this year, I would put Caleb Farley near the top of our list in the draft. Dude fits everything Flo wants in a CB. If that Texans pick is around 7 or 8 he could be the top value.

IF X gets traded it'll be during the off-season. We all know Iggy isn't ready to take over for him. Sounds like Dolphins blasted Omar Kelly for the false information and not checking with the Dolphins before releasing his false info.

Update, because its absolutely brutal. This is an official statement from the Dolphins.

"The report in the South Florida Sun Sentinel is factually inaccurate and based on rumors.The paper practiced poor journalism by not reaching out to the team for comment or the chance to respond to the story. We are not exploring any trades regarding Xavien Howard"

The Herald is saying that they heard this morning that some teams were calling about Howard, but waited to say anything until they could confirm more concrete details.

Omar and Safid had the Raekwon deal before anyone else and of course everyone remembers how the Tunsil trade went last year. So the Dolphins probably aren't making any calls themselves, but are listening.

Only in florida could Omar still have a job in journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Update, because its absolutely brutal. This is an official statement from the Dolphins.

"The report in the South Florida Sun Sentinel is factually inaccurate and based on rumors.The paper practiced poor journalism by not reaching out to the team for comment or the chance to respond to the story. We are not exploring any trades regarding Xavien Howard"

The Herald is saying that they heard this morning that some teams were calling about Howard, but waited to say anything until they could confirm more concrete details.

Omar and Safid had the Raekwon deal before anyone else and of course everyone remembers how the Tunsil trade went last year. So the Dolphins probably aren't making any calls themselves, but are listening.
    Yup, poor journalism by Omar. Exploring and listening are very different. We better always be listening on everyone.

https://twitter.com/Safid_Deen/statu...94370959962112

Anyone interested in Williams? Word is the jets are "not asking for the moon".

Eh, there's been worse reporting. Even Barry said that its just a preference and he doesn't blame them for jumping at it. Especially since Omar just had the Raekwon story not too long ago. I would wager it came from the same source so he probably trusted it.

Its probably just one of those situations where they're saying they haven't made any calls but have received multiple. We should know by now that everyone has a price under Grier.

On Quinnen Williams, I wouldn't offer more than a 2nd. He hasn't been the force yet in the NFL and you've already wasted 2 years of his eligibility. So you would be trading a high pick for an underachieving DT on a 2 year contract with a 3rd year option.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast