Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    I'm told the #Dolphins have reached out to Clemson OC Tony Elliott, as did the #Titans

--just to gauge his interest--with current OC Arthur Smith interviewing for current HC vacancies. However, Elliott informed both teams he wants to stay at Clemson for the time being, per source.

Per Josina Anderson

That dream died real fast lol.

McDaniels is also the presumed OC for Saleh so I imagine itíll be tough to pull him.

Sucks that the two most exciting people on that list might already be unavailable lol. Pep or go in house. I donít want anything to do with Canada.

Miami Dolphins received permission from Steelers to talk to QB coach Matt Canada about their OC job. Canada there today.

More I look at Peps history, more Iím turned off. I forgot he was the OC for a few years with Luck and those offenses were usually propped up by Luck playing like the best QB in the league.

He might be a guy more suited for the QB coach instead of designing a whole offense.

At this point Iím focused on McDaniels or just going with Godsey. Iíd prefer looking at more college guys or possibly waiting for one of the playoff teams like Mike Kafka in KC.

Cameron Wolfe just said on Howling With The Wolfe that Matt Canada, Mike McDaniel and Eric Studesville are ďthe three main names to watchĒ in the Dolphins OC search.

Jets are hiring Robert Saleh and he is expected to make Mike LaFleur his OC. So this means McDaniel is very much open.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Jets are hiring Robert Saleh and he is expected to make Mike LaFleur his OC. So this means McDaniel is very much open.
    Robert Saleh is a great hire by NYJ, as well as him bringing Mike LaFleur.

Funny that the AFC East is the only division where every HC has a defensive background.

Titans hiring Arthur Smith. My dream of Jevonte Williams at 36 seems dead now. Falcons desperately needed a RB anyways and now they really need someone physical to build that PA passing game.

the 49ers look to be promoting mike mcdaniel to OC. that leaves matt canada, pep hamilton, & the #dolphins two internal candidates as 'front-runners' for miami's OC position. *don't rule out interest in potential OC candidates still in the playoffs

I am sad.

If we went with an outside guy Iíd wager itís Canada. His scheme doesnít seem to require much turnover from what we already have in the locker room. McDaniels would have required almost a complete shift in offensive philosophy.

I think they interview others in the next week outside the guys already interviewing. Some random article actually stated that a dark horse interviewee could be Ken Dorsey, the QB coach for BUF. That would be interesting to say the least.

The #Steelers are expected to promote QB coach Matt Canada to offensive coordinator, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. A creative mind originally from the college game, Canada also interviewed with the #Dolphins but now stays in Pittsburgh.

With the news that Daboll is going to LAC, Iíd imagine Dorsey either gets promoted in Buffalo or follows Daboll. So unless they interview someone else next week it looks like itís in house or Pep. Have to pray that the Rams or New Orleans loses to snag a few from their staff.

Yíall excited for Eric Studesville to be the new OC?!?!?!!?!!? Because I know Iím excited to hire an old coach that has never called plays in the league and has yet to build a decent running game while also riding with Ballage to the very end. Iíd rather Godsey in all honesty. At least the tight ends played well.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-16-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Also separate story, but Lynn Bowden Jr tweeted out that he wasnít one of the sources in Armandos story. Also said that he and Tua have been locked in since they met.

At least one player came out and spoke publicly for Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Also separate story, but Lynn Bowden Jr tweeted out that he wasnít one of the sources in Armandos story. Also said that he and Tua have been locked in since they met.

At least one player came out and spoke publicly for Tua.
    I'm honestly not worried about Tua, so many rookies struggle their first year it's absolutely ludicrous to me some want to give up on him so early.

Josh Allen who's a legit mvp candidate was NOT good his rookie season. Kyler Murray was average at best. People thought Baker Mayfield was a bust before the season.

Everyone needs to ****ing relax... He's a kid, coming off major injury, who performed very well and almost got Miami into the playoffs. On a year most expected what... 5, maybe 6 wins? Come on...

Now, if Tua has to be sacrificed to bring in Watson, that's another story. 25 yo superstar QBs don't often become available but drafting a QB at 3 is absolute insanity to me. Get the guy some weapons, then see.

I'm all for Smith at 3, Harris at 18. No such thing as a reach, assuming the player wouldn't be available with your next pick.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I'm honestly not worried about Tua, so many rookies struggle their first year it's absolutely ludicrous to me some want to give up on him so early.

Josh Allen who's a legit mvp candidate was NOT good his rookie season. Kyler Murray was average at best. People thought Baker Mayfield was a bust before the season.

Everyone needs to ****ing relax... He's a kid, coming off major injury, who performed very well and almost got Miami into the playoffs. On a year most expected what... 5, maybe 6 wins? Come on...

Now, if Tua has to be sacrificed to bring in Watson, that's another story. 25 yo superstar QBs don't often become available but drafting a QB at 3 is absolute insanity to me. Get the guy some weapons, then see.

I'm all for Smith at 3, Harris at 18. No such thing as a reach, assuming the player wouldn't be available with your next pick.
    I'm worried about Tua, not to the point where I think we have to move on from him, but still worried about him.

He just didn't show that hes really elite at anything. I still think hes a really good qb, but he may Lack that extra gear that a lot of other qbs have.

He also looks really small on the field. I didn't think his height would hurt him much but it seemed to hurt his accuracy at times.

I also agree that our offense lacking weapons didn't help him at all either. For a rookie he did a solid job overall, but he never really lite it up, which in 9 games you want to see that at least a few times.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast