Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I don't think Galley is the problem. I think the problem is basically inexperience and lack of talent at skilled positions. We need to improve our talent and Tua needs to gain experience and improve.

One thing that bothered me about Tua. When players were wide open he would almost lob the ball to the WR and by the time the WR got the ball the defenders had swarmed on him nullifying YAC. Anyone else notice that?
    We had 6 rookies starting on offense.

That has to be an all time high. So makes sense that things had to be scaled back some. But still would of liked to seen Tua make more plays.

I was a big Gailey fan halfway through the season. The issues I had by the end of the season was how conservative the offense was and how little hurry up and shotgun he called for Tua.

You can EASILY blame a large portion of that on his confidence in Tua. One of the major things Tua has to clean up is how he was seeing the field. Iím confident that heíll get there but itís just a matter of knowing when to take more risks. Heíll also have a better grip on the offense so Gailey wonít have to cut his playbook down so low. Iím sure most teams knew what was coming because it was so limited. My only issue with this part of the play calling, is that we saw a plenty of examples from Tua playing well in hurry up, spread passes. The staff constantly said that the offense opening up was from Fitz, but thereís plenty of examples that Tua could handle it.

The second part of this problem is the rest of the talent around Tua. Not only did Gailey have to throw out a large portion of his offense because Tua doesnít know it, but imagine what he had to do when Mack Hollins, Isaiah Ford and Lynn Bowden were the main guys. And on top of that, he had to remove so much RPO and Rollout calls because teams just stopped respecting the run. You stopped seeing those rollouts completely because every team just started blitzing Tua and rushing the pass. Gotta get more receivers and real sure up this run game. If you can build a consistent rushing offense that averages around 125 a game (we average 105 now) then youíll open up so much of the offense.

This HAS to be all of Floís thinking. He sees the day to day so he would know if Gailey just isnít calling **** or if Gailey CANT call plays.

No need to worry now. Gailey has resigned, well probably a forced resignation.

so apparently there is some chatter about Watson potentially requesting a trade from HOU, which would devastate that franchise beyond belief if it were true. Am I the only one that would attempt a blockbuster with them?

I'm talking about potentially over-paying a bit for him. Like Tua, #3, HOU 2021 2nd, 2022 1st and 2022 2nd for Watson. Is that over-payment, about right, or under-payment? I just think if he becomes available, there should be 10+ teams calling up HOU for him.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    so apparently there is some chatter about Watson potentially requesting a trade from HOU, which would devastate that franchise beyond belief if it were true. Am I the only one that would attempt a blockbuster with them?

I'm talking about potentially over-paying a bit for him. Like Tua, #3, HOU 2021 2nd, 2022 1st and 2022 2nd for Watson. Is that over-payment, about right, or under-payment? I just think if he becomes available, there should be 10+ teams calling up HOU for him.
    I'm 100% with you. Watson is a top 5 qb and I was extremely impressed with how well he played this yea with that crap roster on offense. I'm not sure Houston wouldn't Tua but you'd def have to dangle him along with picks.
    If we are comparing picks with other franchises who are in lien to make an offer to Houston, I don't see how anyone has more ammo than us. Maybe Jax because of T Law but if I'm Jax I'd rather have T Law on the rookie deal since the roster is rather thing to begin with.
    A top 5 QB who is 25ish will garner a massive haul. I'm thinking 4 early picks with 3 being in the first round.
    I hope we at least tried for Watson when BOB was in charge.

The team has mutually parted ways with DL coach Marion Hobby.

Unfortunate because I felt like the Dline really started to get better as the season went on.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post

Worth thinking about for sure! If you're thinking that way isn't it also tempting to dangle Tua and fewer picks to move up to #1 this year for Trevor Lawrence?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Worth thinking about for sure! If you're thinking that way isn't it also tempting to dangle Tua and fewer picks to move up to #1 this year for Trevor Lawrence?
    Jacksonville won't trade that pick, and Lawrence really didn't look anywhere close to as good as his hype was. I still don't understand his hype, Watson didn't even have that hype and was way better than him and played for the same team.

People just have a weird Tebow like obsession with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Jacksonville won't trade that pick, and Lawrence really didn't look anywhere close to as good as his hype was. I still don't understand his hype, Watson didn't even have that hype and was way better than him and played for the same team.

People just have a weird Tebow like obsession with him.
    I can't disagree. I only watched parts of 2 games this season and to me I saw a very good athlete who throws everything to the outside. The one game last year I saw more throws down the middle, which is where you have to read more, but still not many. You can't throw to the outside all day in the NFL, so he may learn fast or he may end up needing a lot of time. I just thought everyone else was still having Trevorgasms and that I just might have watched 2 games where the strategy to throw outs all day was because of the defense.

Dolphins had two players named to the AP All Pro list. Obviously Xavien Howard and Jason Sanders made it.

Feels nice that at least some players got recognition.

Now give X DPOY, although Donald was the only unanimous defensive guy so itís probably him.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-08-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Dolphins had two players named to the AP All Pro list. Obviously Xavien Howard and Jason Sanders made it.

Feels nice that at least some players got recognition.

Now give X DPOY, although Donald was the only unanimous defensive guy so itís probably him.
    Jakeem Grant got 2nd team punt returner honors as well

Man itís early, but Indy is putting on a defensive show against the Bills. Stout on the run, keeping a spy on Allen, and keeping everything in front of them. I knows itís literally against everything we do on defense, but Zone is working well against them.

Colts offense is also doing a lot of what we WANTED to do. Kind drives, keeping Allen off the field, staying ahead of the chains with the run game.

Also Dolphins have to secure a good RB this offseason, because holy **** they messed up not getting one of the top 5 guys. Akers, Dobbins and Taylor have all been incredible this year.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-09-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Man itís early, but Indy is putting on a defensive show against the Bills. Stout on the run, keeping a spy on Allen, and keeping everything in front of them. I knows itís literally against everything we do on defense, but Zone is working well against them.

Colts offense is also doing a lot of what we WANTED to do. Kind drives, keeping Allen off the field, staying ahead of the chains with the run game.

Also Dolphins have to secure a good RB this offseason, because holy **** they messed up not getting one of the top 5 guys. Akers, Dobbins and Taylor have all been incredible this year.
    I think you'll see upgrades at WR and RB, along with a trade down hopefully. I don't think we'll see Parsons like some say. Gotta put your young QB first to see what you have, unless you just want to make him into a game manager. But if great D and a game manager is the plan going forward, why take a QB at 5 last year? So I think we'll see offensive upgrades and continue to make smart picks and coach guys up on D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I think you'll see upgrades at WR and RB, along with a trade down hopefully. I don't think we'll see Parsons like some say. Gotta put your young QB first to see what you have, unless you just want to make him into a game manager. But if great D and a game manager is the plan going forward, why take a QB at 5 last year? So I think we'll see offensive upgrades and continue to make smart picks and coach guys up on D.
    One of Gaileys last PCs he said we want our offense to have long drives and shorten the game. It makes sense on paper because it puts more stress on the opposing team which can lead to big plays for your defense. But man the Colts did it perfectly and are down 14 now. Youíve got to build an elite passing game to win in the NFL now. Obviously you can find good WRs elsewhere in the draft, but Iím not chancing it.

Grier said it best at the end of the year, we need more playmakers. Well go and get the best playmaker on your board. Not an offball LB and LT.

I know we had this discussion before but the Noah pick in my opinion was the mistake pick. Maybe in 2 to 3 years I will be proven wrong but we could of had Swift, Taylor, Akers or Dobbins if we didnt made that pick. We all talked about RB in the 1st and 2nd round so its not like it was something we are talking about after the fact. Even if we picked a WR Higgins and Pittman went 3 or 4 picks later. Noah was a luxury pick, we should of went more for a need like RB or WR.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast