Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    The draft couldn't be working out much better for the dolphins up to number 3 and jets lose out on number 1.
    There is no way Dolphins should take a QB at 3, they took Tua over Hebert last year and minus Lawrence the Qbs in this draft don't compare. Let the media and who ever bash Tua fact is if he stays healthy gets a few weapons and the O-line continues to come together. He will be a very good QB for years to come.
    The Dolphins need to pressure Allen and hit him. Their CB and defensive secondary will need to step up.
    The past teams never had the potential of this team. They have a very strong foundation and the picks to really build a great team. AS for playoff disappointments I remember losing to the niners in the Superbowl and to the Pats in the AFC championship. Those broke a little boys heart and started a deep hatred for the Pats.
    I wanted to trade the house for Burrows and not Tua and although Burrows looked good we'll see in 10 years how the 2 compare. But even though I had my reservations about Tua, I was happy once we picked him without moving up. That said, if we don't give Tua at least 2 or 3 years, I would wonder what Flores is doing.

*Trevor Lawrence somehow falling to us at 3 puts everything I just said into question, but that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Haskins just got released. Def deserved it too.
    Haskins is basically Jamarcus Russell.

I think Haskins career is likely over. At best he may get a camp invite with no guarantee but I think he better start looking at his next job in a Amazon warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Yeah, Lombardi was poppin off on the Pat McAfee show today assign we should take a QB @ #3. There is nothing wrong with Tua and I think most of us realize this. Tua doesn't like to force the ball when he feels the WR isn't open. Of course on some of these decisions he should throw the ball but it's not his M.O. He knows he has the best defense in the NFL and doesn't want to force a ball into a window that isn't there thus turning the ball over. Also, note how silent these "critics" were after the KC game. Next, notice how none of these "critics" are mentioning the lack of talent at WR. I heard this line on ESPN one time and I think it's spot on - "Fitzpatrick has the uncanny ability to keep both teams in the game"

I do feel week 17 in Buffalo could be a rough one for Tua. Will this be his 1st game in cold weather?
    What Tua is doing now is not sustainable. Even if we improve our other talent he will have to develop. Kurt Warner basically made it simple. Tua is still trying to throw like he is in college. The defenders in the pro are better and in the pros you are not going to be open like you are in college......

Last night I was listening to the Bills game on the radio and they said when Stephon Diggs got traded to the Bills he told Josh Allen you have to throw me open. Just throw the ball in a area and trust me to get it. They said that mentality changed Josh Allen and that is why you see his development this year. We need that kind of development from Tua. Obviously that is not going to happen over night, but right now I see Tua behind Hebert and Burrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    What Tua is doing now is not sustainable. Even if we improve our other talent he will have to develop. Kurt Warner basically made it simple. Tua is still trying to throw like he is in college. The defenders in the pro are better and in the pros you are not going to be open like you are in college......

Last night I was listening to the Bills game on the radio and they said when Stephon Diggs got traded to the Bills he told Josh Allen you have to throw me open. Just throw the ball in a area and trust me to get it. They said that mentality changed Josh Allen and that is why you see his development this year. We need that kind of development from Tua. Obviously that is not going to happen over night, but right now I see Tua behind Hebert and Burrow.
    I agree he does need to develop throwing guys open, especially down field. But we also have to surround him with some talent on offense. I can think of at least 20 WRs I'd take over Parker and probably 60 before Grant (technically our #2 WR by stats.) Give Tua weapons and check back in after his 3rd season in the NFL. Gailey has the play calling conservative based on Tua's current capabilities. It's wise to mask Tua's flaws while accentuating his skills. I'd make a call to Sarkisian to gauge his interest in calling plays as the off coordinator for Miami.

The Burrow, Herbert, Tua argument is stupid. Tua has by far the poorest weapons out of the 3 rooks. Tua's top target in Parker is essentially Mike Williams in LA. Great size and talent but always hurt.

Steelers are sitting Big Ben this week against the Browns. I’d imagine more vets will get sat.

So we’re back to needing to win this week or not making it. I don’t see the Ravens losing to Cincinnati and Colts losing to Jags.

And of course this will be followed by the Texans beating the Titans to completely ruin our weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Steelers are sitting Big Ben this week against the Browns. I’d imagine more vets will get sat.

So we’re back to needing to win this week or not making it. I don’t see the Ravens losing to Cincinnati and Colts losing to Jags.

And of course this will be followed by the Texans beating the Titans to completely ruin our weekend.
    Yes that Cleveland loss was our best shot. Oh well, I guess that officially makes this week our first playoff game. Win or go home. Hopefully and likely the coaches were already selling it that way.

Flo has been doing that since New England basically. The team will come to compete. I just think it’s a tough matchup and our offense is very limited right now.

Now if Matt Barkley is playing.....

Edit: McDermott said they have a plan in place for Sunday that they’ll keep internal since they haven’t talked to the players. To me that sounds a lot like someone is sitting, or at least they’re going to play only a handful of drives and then put the backups in.

Cole Beasley is week to week which makes me think the Bills play it safe. Getting Diggs or Allen hurt would ruin everything for them.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 12-29-2020 at 06:13 PM.

I don't think Buffalo will play it safe.

Just because you don't get the bye doesn't mean it isn't still a huge advantage to maintain home field advantage. if we can get some hits early on Allen maybe they sit him, otherwise im going to assume well have to beat their best roster.

PIT still has a chance to ruin CLE playoffs hopes. If the Bills start Allen, I hope MIA goes hard at him every play and puts him on his back as much as possible . . . but I honestly don't think Allen plays. Its not like there is a home field advantage right now with no crowds allowed in PIT or BUF right now. Imagine McDermott starts Allen and he gets hurt? that would be something. I think Allen sits, and Diggs plays sparingly. It would be fun to watch Diggs vs. Howard though. The only way Allen plays is if BUF thinks he can win MVP (he won't). Beasley is already out, why risk losing a star in either Diggs or Allen? It would be dumb. they won't play.

as for the draft, if we do end up staying put at #3,:

1. I'm doing all I can to try and lure the #1 pick and drafting Lawrence. Tua, #3, #34 and MIA 2021 1st rd pick just to start. I like Tua, but Lawrence is SPECIAL! i might get some hate on this, but if I were Grier, I'd at least call them up and find out if they want to move off #1. Rumors were MIA tried real hard to get #1 in 2020 for Burrow. I think they make the call again to JAC.

2. Trade the pick! I can almost guarantee NYJ takes Sewell at #2. They'd be dumb not to honestly. Darnold still has untapped potential, and I don't think Fields or Wilson is that much better, or will be, than Darnold. Becton and Sewell at OT is nasty. trade to the highest bidder. CAR, ATL, DET, WSH, SF, MIN can/might be looking for a QB. If both Fields and Wilson are still there, that #3 pick can get a haul. 2021 1st, 2nd and 4th and a 2022 1st easily. Take it and run.

3. If NYJ is stupid enough to pass on Sewell, take him! our OL would be amazing and would probably start peaking together the same time Tua peaks. We'd have a solid 2-3 years of (hopefully) great QB and OL play before contracts have to be doled out.

4. Take Parsons. He's a legit elite LBer that can do everything. He'd instantly make our defense top 10 across the board. Dude can blitz, cover and stuff the run. I liken him to Patrick Willis or Luke Keuchly. Instant stud.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    PIT still has a chance to ruin CLE playoffs hopes. If the Bills start Allen, I hope MIA goes hard at him every play and puts him on his back as much as possible . . . but I honestly don't think Allen plays. Its not like there is a home field advantage right now with no crowds allowed in PIT or BUF right now. Imagine McDermott starts Allen and he gets hurt? that would be something. I think Allen sits, and Diggs plays sparingly. It would be fun to watch Diggs vs. Howard though. The only way Allen plays is if BUF thinks he can win MVP (he won't). Beasley is already out, why risk losing a star in either Diggs or Allen? It would be dumb. they won't play.

as for the draft, if we do end up staying put at #3,:

1. I'm doing all I can to try and lure the #1 pick and drafting Lawrence. Tua, #3, #34 and MIA 2021 1st rd pick just to start. I like Tua, but Lawrence is SPECIAL! i might get some hate on this, but if I were Grier, I'd at least call them up and find out if they want to move off #1. Rumors were MIA tried real hard to get #1 in 2020 for Burrow. I think they make the call again to JAC.

2. Trade the pick! I can almost guarantee NYJ takes Sewell at #2. They'd be dumb not to honestly. Darnold still has untapped potential, and I don't think Fields or Wilson is that much better, or will be, than Darnold. Becton and Sewell at OT is nasty. trade to the highest bidder. CAR, ATL, DET, WSH, SF, MIN can/might be looking for a QB. If both Fields and Wilson are still there, that #3 pick can get a haul. 2021 1st, 2nd and 4th and a 2022 1st easily. Take it and run.

3. If NYJ is stupid enough to pass on Sewell, take him! our OL would be amazing and would probably start peaking together the same time Tua peaks. We'd have a solid 2-3 years of (hopefully) great QB and OL play before contracts have to be doled out.

4. Take Parsons. He's a legit elite LBer that can do everything. He'd instantly make our defense top 10 across the board. Dude can blitz, cover and stuff the run. I liken him to Patrick Willis or Luke Keuchly. Instant stud.
    I don't think there is any chance JAX trades the 1st pick.

I would be surprised if NYJ takes Sewell 2nd. Either they take Fields or they trade that pick for multiple picks to someone who wants Fields.

I would prefer if we get the 3rd pick to trade down and pick up more picks. Whatever happens I will be ok with it. Just like when we pick Tua last year, I was ok with picking him or not picking him.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Flo has been doing that since New England basically. The team will come to compete. I just think it’s a tough matchup and our offense is very limited right now.

Now if Matt Barkley is playing.....

Edit: McDermott said they have a plan in place for Sunday that they’ll keep internal since they haven’t talked to the players. To me that sounds a lot like someone is sitting, or at least they’re going to play only a handful of drives and then put the backups in.

Cole Beasley is week to week which makes me think the Bills play it safe. Getting Diggs or Allen hurt would ruin everything for them.
    Especially this year when home field advantage isn't as crucial with no fans. I think a lot or all of the teams that are in are going to sit guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Especially this year when home field advantage isn't as crucial with no fans. I think a lot or all of the teams that are in are going to sit guys.
    It still matters, because your team gets to stay at their houses and not travel and live out of hotels eating at restaurants.

With covid that stuff matters imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    It still matters, because your team gets to stay at their houses and not travel and live out of hotels eating at restaurants.

With covid that stuff matters imo.
    That's a consideration, but I would rather travel than play a team that rested the previous week when my guys didn't.

So who do we draft if Bama's WR Smith or Oregon's Sewell OT is available???

I have no problem slapping Tannehill around in the wild card game if we get in. 😁
    Last edited by esb; 12-30-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    That's a consideration, but I would rather travel than play a team that rested the previous week when my guys didn't.
    I dunno, training out of your facility and living in your own home, during covid is a pretty big advantage imo, not to mention New York is going to allow fans at Buffalo for playoffs.

I live upstate NY, and the feeling is around here that Buffalo is going to the SP. Getting that home field feels like a big deal imo, but hopefully they'll bench Allen vs us.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast