Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 428
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I just want to see the Dolphins win. I get pumped for every win.

    I don't believe missing the playoffs will improve our future. Every year I figure could be the last season that I see the Dolphins make the playoffs. I want to enjoy this season even if it means losing in the first round.

    I feel we can compete against any team. The Chiefs in my opinion aren't a lock. This season they have looked beatable. If it wasn't for that short stretch in the 3rd quarter we out played them.

    While I don't think we are a Super Bowl team I want this team to have a chance to prove me wrong. I am looking forward to at least 1 more week than usual to watching my Dolphins play. I am not going to spend the rest of my life rooting for next year. GO Dolphins.
    Jeter said it best, the best teams make the playoffs, but the hottest team wins.

    If we lose, it doesn't matter one bit, we weren't even suppose to be here, but if win, we get to enjoy that. Theres no losing for us fans in this situation.

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,882
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Jeter said it best, the best teams make the playoffs, but the hottest team wins.

    If we lose, it doesn't matter one bit, we weren't even suppose to be here, but if win, we get to enjoy that. Theres no losing for us fans in this situation.
    Count me in. I can't wait for next weeks game. Every game is a playoff game. I will be watching that game and rooting against the Browns just in case. I figure the Colts is a sure win and the Ravens highly likely. While we are at it go Titans.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Count me in. I can't wait for next weeks game. Every game is a playoff game. I will be watching that game and rooting against the Browns just in case. I figure the Colts is a sure win and the Ravens highly likely. While we are at it go Titans.
    yep, no matter what, were on the right path.

    But if we do get in the playoffs. None of the other stuff matters anymore, were in. And in 1 game, anything can happen especially with good coaches, and a top notch defense.

    It only takes a few plays to fall your way to win.

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,550
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    exactly, no, we probably won't make the Super Bowl. We may not even make the playoffs.

    But if we get in, enjoy this while its here and take it serious that the team wants to win now. You just don't know when you'll be back, and once your in, anything can happen.

    I live in NY and saw the gmen go and win 2 sbs that no one predicted, we saw Philly do the same thing a few years ago. We aren't a hot shot team, but were number 1 in takeaways, and #2 in defensive points scored, and among the top in fewest penalties created. Heck we just created 4 turnovers vs the Chiefs.

    We may not be the favorites against anyone, but you can't count us out anymore against anyone. Keep the game close and anyone can win.

    I just don't want to have to face Baltimore, anyone else, I think we got a shot, may be better teams that are more ready, but those teams all have weaknesses that can be exploited, Baltimore, once that offense is rolling, they always win.
    I predicted the first GMen SB you are speaking of

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,550
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    All of the Browns wide receivers were considered close contacts, so as long as they go negative a few days theyíll be fine. If one tests positive then they will be out next week.

    I really donít understand why you guys are so pumped for the playoffs this year. This team isnít beating KC in Arrowhead. Itís all about the long haul. Iíll get over the Tua benching but even with Fitz youíre not going toe for toe against Mahomes. I donít even think you can go toe for toe with Tannehill or Allen. Itís awesome for the team to get there and obviously exciting for the future, but Iím over getting stomped round 1. Everything is about the future. Iím patient enough to wait until weíre actual contenders.

    This team feels the same as 08. Great defense but offense just canít match it.
    we likely don't beat KC but they are beatable. they are playing poorly right now. if not for injuries we would have beat them. ATL almost beat them. Raiders beat them. Chargers, Carolina, Tampa, Denver all almost beat them so they are beatable. Mahomes has played himself out of the MVP race with his December play imo. for me its Rodgers leading followed by Josh Allen right now.

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    535
    I thought last year was fun rooting for Miami while rooting for the Texans to lose but 2020 has, by far, surpassed 2019 NFL season for me. Whether we make the playoffs or not it's been an absolute success of a season for this franchise.

    I don't see the Jets taking a qb at #2, I see them taking Sewell or trading down if possible. This is what I am hoping Miami does. Dropping down from #3 to say #6-#12 while picking up a 2021 2nd rounder and 2022 1st would be ideal.

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,068
    Haskins just got released. Def deserved it too.

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,400
    I always felt like something was off on Haskins. Dude just didnít look like an actual NFL QB. I was super off on Rosen but at least he had mature mindset and had actual NFL traits.

    Today is bury Tua day, so itís best to ignore social media. Itís going to be a long *** offseason if he doesnít win in Buffalo or play well.

    Honestly this is my biggest issue with the benching. Just creates a ton of extra noise.

    Although I will say if they donít trust Tua, you absolutely take a QB at 3. I think it would be dumb, but youíre not going to be in this opportunity again.

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,400
    Also update on the Texans: Watson says he is playing next week and Crennell says heíll play if heís healthy. Meanwhile Tunsil is out for the game.

    Would be a huge issue if the Titans had an actual defense and could get pressure. But Titans absolutely have to play well to keep the Colts off their back. Worst case this pick drops to 9 with a Texans win and a bunch of other losses.

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I always felt like something was off on Haskins. Dude just didnít look like an actual NFL QB. I was super off on Rosen but at least he had mature mindset and had actual NFL traits.

    Today is bury Tua day, so itís best to ignore social media. Itís going to be a long *** offseason if he doesnít win in Buffalo or play well.

    Honestly this is my biggest issue with the benching. Just creates a ton of extra noise.

    Although I will say if they donít trust Tua, you absolutely take a QB at 3. I think it would be dumb, but youíre not going to be in this opportunity again.
    Yeah, Lombardi was poppin off on the Pat McAfee show today assign we should take a QB @ #3. There is nothing wrong with Tua and I think most of us realize this. Tua doesn't like to force the ball when he feels the WR isn't open. Of course on some of these decisions he should throw the ball but it's not his M.O. He knows he has the best defense in the NFL and doesn't want to force a ball into a window that isn't there thus turning the ball over. Also, note how silent these "critics" were after the KC game. Next, notice how none of these "critics" are mentioning the lack of talent at WR. I heard this line on ESPN one time and I think it's spot on - "Fitzpatrick has the uncanny ability to keep both teams in the game"

    I do feel week 17 in Buffalo could be a rough one for Tua. Will this be his 1st game in cold weather?

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,400
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Yeah, Lombardi was poppin off on the Pat McAfee show today assign we should take a QB @ #3. There is nothing wrong with Tua and I think most of us realize this. Tua doesn't like to force the ball when he feels the WR isn't open. Of course on some of these decisions he should throw the ball but it's not his M.O. He knows he has the best defense in the NFL and doesn't want to force a ball into a window that isn't there thus turning the ball over. Also, note how silent these "critics" were after the KC game. Next, notice how none of these "critics" are mentioning the lack of talent at WR. I heard this line on ESPN one time and I think it's spot on - "Fitzpatrick has the uncanny ability to keep both teams in the game"

    I do feel week 17 in Buffalo could be a rough one for Tua. Will this be his 1st game in cold weather?
    I think it is. Could look similar to the Broncos game since it was his first time in that altitude. You saw a ton of balls sailing on him, so I wonder if we see a bunch of balls die on him.

    Tua is actually one of the higher QBs in terms of aggressive throws, which means throws to receivers with less that 2 yards of separation. Thatís a combination of Tua actually being aggressive but also the WRs just creating NO separation.

    The more I look at it, the more I think the the different playbook is a combo of Tua and the weapons he has. The staff knows that Tua isnít quite reading the field right, but also knows these receivers just donít work with him. So why even call the plays? You want Tua to get more comfortable doing that, but also donít force him to be a different QB. The offense as a whole isnít better with Fitzpatrick, itís just these receivers are better with him. Iíd expect the offense to look so much different once you get guys like Smith or Waddle who can actually create space.

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Because I expected them to go 9-7. I thought the secondary could be special and felt like the offense would struggle. Iím obviously pumped for the season and excited for the future. That Cardinals game was the closest thing Iíve had to a playoff win in my life.

    But Iím also going to be skeptical until I actually see it. I fell for the 08 team and I fell for the 16 team. Iím just not doing it again. Iím past the point of hoping to squeak into the playoffs. I want to have actual expectations of winning a playoff game. And just being realistic, unless we get an incredible performance from the defense, I just donít see it happening this year.

    I canít stress this enough, but I am very excited foe the future. The fact that Flo has this team in this position after really only one offseason of adding players is incredible. I believe we have the coach and I believe we have the QB. But my biggest question is if he can build an offense. Can they evaluate Olineman and develop them? Can they find playmakers that work with Tua? Can they actually fix the run game? Like I said, Iím not going to believe it until I see it. Iíve doubted them this far and theyíve proved me wrong, so I hope they continue to do it.
    I didn't fall for either of those 2 teams but I'm still in favour of making the playoffs. A team has to learn to lose before they learn to win sometimes and dropping a couple of spots in the draft will not do more harm than the good that comes from the experience of being in the playoffs. It also creates a more realistic expectation of making the playoffs on the team, as opposed to sounding like a clichť goal from coaches IMO.
    I think you're right, we aren't beating the Chiefs. I don't think anybody is. I honestly think they got a little disinterested and will refocus when they play in the playoffs. Since they have the bye, who knows, we may land in a match up with the Steelers who look like they can't run at all. I think it would be fun to watch their passing attack against our secondary.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 12-29-2020 at 12:15 AM.

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,400
    Man itís going to be tough to beat this Bills offense. Obviously our defense is better than the Pats, you just see so many routes being run to break man coverage. Time for Byron Jones and X to prove they deserve this money.

    Defensively the Bills are getting gashed on the ground with the Pats pulling consistently. LBs are biting on misdirection. Only problem is that we have literally no OG that can pull well. Please god I pray Joe Thunder hits FA.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 12-28-2020 at 10:34 PM.

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Man itís going to be tough to beat this Bills offense. Obviously our defense is better than the Pats, you just see so many routes being run to break man coverage. Time for Byron Jones and X to prove they deserve this money.

    Defensively the Bills are getting gashed on the ground with the Pats pulling consistently. LBs are biting on misdirection. Only problem is that we have literally no OG that can pull well. Please god I pray Joe Thunder hits FA.
    Yep, he's looking good tonight along with the FB opening the left side. IDK if any of our TE's can play that role which is why I get excited about Jeusczyk, even though I can't come close to spelling his name.

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,910
    The draft couldn't be working out much better for the dolphins up to number 3 and jets lose out on number 1.
    There is no way Dolphins should take a QB at 3, they took Tua over Hebert last year and minus Lawrence the Qbs in this draft don't compare. Let the media and who ever bash Tua fact is if he stays healthy gets a few weapons and the O-line continues to come together. He will be a very good QB for years to come.
    The Dolphins need to pressure Allen and hit him. Their CB and defensive secondary will need to step up.
    The past teams never had the potential of this team. They have a very strong foundation and the picks to really build a great team. AS for playoff disappointments I remember losing to the niners in the Superbowl and to the Pats in the AFC championship. Those broke a little boys heart and started a deep hatred for the Pats.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •