Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Btw Armando is reporting that Howard will try to renegotiate his contract this offseason. Dude is clearly the top player on this team, but heís not even the highest paid CB. Said in the article that Howard might even consider holding out if he doesnít get a slight raise.
    think Grier and Flo potentially try to trade him if he pulls a hold-out type situation? His value will NEVER be higher than this off-season, plus his knee issues may catch up to him as he gets older. I'm not saying I want to trade him, he's legit the best Cb in the league, if not top 3, and him and Jones can carry this defense. BUT if he holds out, do you trade him for a 1st? and if this happens, do you then focus on Patrick Surtain II with that HOU pick?

I love X. he deserves his money. But should it come from MIA for a lengthy amount of time?

I think Parsons is an elite, generational type talent at LBer. Given the choice between Parsons or Chase at the HOU pick, I'd really have to take Parsons. Thats not a knock on Chase at all either. I think Chase will be good. But I think Pasrons takes this defense to another level and helps in all phases of defense . . . run, pass, everything. Flo is a defense guy, and he knows what this team needs more than anyone here. I think he would flip a table on live air if Parsons was there and we didn't take him.

I honestly think MIA takes care of WR in FA. I think they want a proven entity there, and will spend money to get it. Its not like we are missing a WR1. Parker is a legit WR1 in this league, and Gesicki is turning into a top 5 pass-catching TE, if he's not there already. MIA needs that compliment on the other side. JuJu, Robinson, Corey Davis, Golladay . . . there will be very good WRs in FA. Just buy one and not have to worry about hitting on one in the top 2 rounds.

I'd pee my pants with joy if MIA went (given MIA gets a WR in FA):

R1.1 LB Micah Parsons (best LBer in a couple years)
    R1.2 OC Creed Humphrey (i'm not backing off of this pick lol - love this guy on our team)
    R2.1 RB Najee Harris (I'm not on the 1st rd train for this guy. I think there are better players in front of him - if not, trade back up into the bottom part of the 1st rd for him then. Humphrey> Harris imo for the future of this team)
    R2.2 NT Tyler Shelvin (need a true NT and he's the best in this draft imo)
    R3.1 WR Amon-Ra St. Brown (dude was really good for USC)

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    think Grier and Flo potentially try to trade him if he pulls a hold-out type situation? His value will NEVER be higher than this off-season, plus his knee issues may catch up to him as he gets older. I'm not saying I want to trade him, he's legit the best Cb in the league, if not top 3, and him and Jones can carry this defense. BUT if he holds out, do you trade him for a 1st? and if this happens, do you then focus on Patrick Surtain II with that HOU pick?

I love X. he deserves his money. But should it come from MIA for a lengthy amount of time?
    I touched on this issue a little while back. For starters I 100% don;t blame X for wanting more $, he's earned it.
    If X didn't have the knee issue I'd say extend him or restructure his contract with like $5 mil in raises or something. I absolutely love having X and Jones as our corners, 1 is a natural play maker and the other is a top defender at the corner position. I believe you have to at least make him paid more than Jones if we are to keep/extend him.
    On the other hand his value is never going to be higher so it would behoove Miami to at least listen to calls on him, like we should be doing with every player. I wouldn't settle for anything less than what the Jags got for Ramsey if we did go this route. Based on how Flo wants to run the defense and the QBs we have to face in the AFC we would certainly need to fill X's position with Surtain II early in the draft if possible.

Hopefully Miami has already taken notice of this possibly being an issue and are discussing with X's agent. If we had a different coach I think he would hold out. But with Flo as the head coach it seems he has a great connection with his players and has tons of respect from them

I wish X didn't have the knee issues because this would make it such an easy decision to extend him.

I think Parsons is an elite, generational type talent at LBer. Given the choice between Parsons or Chase at the HOU pick, I'd really have to take Parsons. Thats not a knock on Chase at all either. I think Chase will be good. But I think Pasrons takes this defense to another level and helps in all phases of defense . . . run, pass, everything. Flo is a defense guy, and he knows what this team needs more than anyone here. I think he would flip a table on live air if Parsons was there and we didn't take him.

I honestly think MIA takes care of WR in FA. I think they want a proven entity there, and will spend money to get it. Its not like we are missing a WR1. Parker is a legit WR1 in this league, and Gesicki is turning into a top 5 pass-catching TE, if he's not there already. MIA needs that compliment on the other side. JuJu, Robinson, Corey Davis, Golladay . . . there will be very good WRs in FA. Just buy one and not have to worry about hitting on one in the top 2 rounds.

I'd pee my pants with joy if MIA went (given MIA gets a WR in FA):

R1.1 LB Micah Parsons (best LBer in a couple years)
    R1.2 OC Creed Humphrey (i'm not backing off of this pick lol - love this guy on our team)
    R2.1 RB Najee Harris (I'm not on the 1st rd train for this guy. I think there are better players in front of him - if not, trade back up into the bottom part of the 1st rd for him then. Humphrey> Harris imo for the future of this team)
    R2.2 NT Tyler Shelvin (need a true NT and he's the best in this draft imo)
    R3.1 WR Amon-Ra St. Brown (dude was really good for USC)
    Corey Davis is really starting to intrigue me. If we are able to sign him, keep X happy, and make the selections you mentioned above - dear god.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Corey Davis is really starting to intrigue me. If we are able to sign him, keep X happy, and make the selections you mentioned above - dear god.
    Corey is going to be very expensive the way hes playing. I just dont see us spending big $ on free agency wr.

Hard to know what theyll do X. It's hard to pay him what hes worth after paying jones.

It's also hard to let him go for just a first. You would need multiple picks.

And even so, your not gonna replace that kind of production he has given us this year.

Iím not going to be mad if we get Parsons at all. I completely understand the move. I just also think Zaven Collins is going to be a stud. I think heís going to be like Tremaine Edmunds up in Buffalo. Someone who just shouldnít move like he does for how big he is. I donít think the drop off is as big as it is going from the top 3 WRs to guys like Toney, Moore and Bateman.

Baker Parsons Van Noy would be a hell for any qb to have to account for.

Thats how you beat the Mahomes, Jacksons, and Allens.

my main 3 free agent targets would be

James Conner to backup Najee
    TY Hilton
    Kyle Juszczyk

I would add Cam Newton to the list but I can't imagine NE letting him go

Micah Parsons works for me. I just prefer Pitts and helping out Tua. I want that 1 guy on offense that will scare defenses. Parsons would be that guy on defense to scare offenses though. both would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post

TY Hilton
    Kyle Juszczyk

Micah Parsons works for me. I just prefer Pitts and helping out Tua. I want that 1 guy on offense that will scare defenses. Parsons would be that guy on defense to scare offenses though. both would be amazing
    Conner - hard no for me. If we do draft Harris or any other RB early we have 2 backups in Gaskins and Ahmed who are dirt cheap.
    TY Hilton - I think he's finally healthy again and won't be leaving Indy but if he does we should kick the tires.
    Juszczyk - I have loved him and believe he is the unsung hero of the Niners run to the Super Bowl last year
    Cam - He's garbage. You can't have a back up qb with the personality he has just like Kaep and Tebow
    Last edited by poppapuh86; 12-24-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post

TY Hilton
    Kyle Juszczyk

I agree with Poppapuh86 on these. Conner isn't going to want to come here and back anyone up and he will cost too much. You have to have roster balance as far as where you spend your money to have good production everywhere for your money. I think in this case we would up our production a bit, but would pay far more for that little jump in production (assuming we have Harris as in your scenario). Remember when we had Suh? Too much money at DT when I would rather have had the second or third best DT in the league for far less. Same sort of idea, roster balance.

Juszcyk? OMG yes! I love everything about his brand of football for this team!

Have you seen Cam play this year? I hope he stays with the cheatriots.

Love Pitts if he can play WR as well as TE. Only saw one game of him this year and he's a beast. Maybe you trade Geseicki for a pick if you're sure of him? But I think it is more likely they take a true WR with speed. The guy we all hoped Grant would become to take the top off.

Donít see why you would add Jusczyk. Gailey already does a great job of incorporating backup TEís/RBs into the passing game. You need more receivers open up this offense not gimmick guys. He also doesnít work with the run scheme. This team works best in an RPO/Shotgun offense so you get no value from a FB. Unless we drastically change the offense I just donít see it making sense

I know most are fans of either Etienne or Harris but what are the thoughts about Javonte Williams? He declared for the draft today. Heís personally my favorite RB in this draft. Heís a smart runner thatís hard to bring down in the first hit. Heís got a good one cut and can find the open gap. He could be picked up in the late 2nd or 3rd but I feel heíll rise up the boards soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont see flores drafting a rb high. Our 2 best rbs right now are a 7th rnd pick and a undrafted guy, and they have been pretty good.

I def wouldnt expect us to draft one in the 1st 2 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by phinsfan34 View Post
    I know most are fans of either Etienne or Harris but what are the thoughts about Javonte Williams? He declared for the draft today. Heís personally my favorite RB in this draft. Heís a smart runner thatís hard to bring down in the first hit. Heís got a good one cut and can find the open gap. He could be picked up in the late 2nd or 3rd but I feel heíll rise up the boards soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If we canít get Najee then Iím all on board with Javonte with the Texans pick. Najee is just more complete but Javonte does everything weíre missing in the offense. Dude is a bruiser. I think Najee will be the unquestioned #1 but that 2nd back will depend on preference. If your team needs the explosive guy you take Etienne. If you want the bruiser you take Javonte. Itíll be like Swift vs Taylor last year.

I absolutely think weíll take a RB early. We spent so much time with the top guys last year and got greedy and thought one would fall to 56. I have no doubt if Dobbins was there he would have been the pick over Raekwon. Also have to think about how we tried to go after Gordon and Bell. Dolphins know they need a bell cow.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast