Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I think they would absolutely take a trade if offered for howard. But that doesnt mean hes on the block, Omar being right about Rae doesnt make up for constantly being wrong and not double and triple checking on his sources the way a real journalist is suppose to.

X has been great, but if you get a Ramsey-like offer Im sprinting to take it.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Hes not getting a Ramsey offer most likely as he has knee issues.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Eh, there's been worse reporting. Even Barry said that its just a preference and he doesn't blame them for jumping at it. Especially since Omar just had the Raekwon story not too long ago. I would wager it came from the same source so he probably trusted it.

Its probably just one of those situations where they're saying they haven't made any calls but have received multiple. We should know by now that everyone has a price under Grier.

On Quinnen Williams, I wouldn't offer more than a 2nd. He hasn't been the force yet in the NFL and you've already wasted 2 years of his eligibility. So you would be trading a high pick for an underachieving DT on a 2 year contract with a 3rd year option.
    I'd actually offer a third (and maybe a late pick) and see. A second can be used on a player we have for 4-5 years, I agree.
    Honestly, if Gase has any pull left at all in the organization I'd offer a backup WR and watch him leap at it lol!
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 10-27-2020 at 09:45 PM.

I would simply cry if X was traded for, say, a 2nd rd pick or something like that. X and Jones are climbing the rankings as one of the best CB duos in the league. Its no coincidence that ever since Jones came back, the defense has been amazing. You keep both those guys and build around them in the secondary for the next 2-3 years. but, like I said in a past post on this thread, don't discount them looking at CB again in the 1st rd. Unless you get a 1st and 2nd, or something to that degree, then you should talk about it. But if it doesn't start with a 1st+, hang that phone up.

Q Williams . . . yup, all day and twice on Sunday! I'd love to pair him up with Wilkins and Davis for the next couple of years. Nasty DT rotation, and its a need. I'd start with a 4th rd pick this year and conditional 3rd rd pick in 2022 (with chance to be 2nd rd pick on performance). I would eventually stop at the 2021 MIA 3rd rd pick though if push comes to shove. I'd prefer a NT type DT in the draft or trade, but Williams, with the right players around him, could flourish on this DL.

also, not a terrible extension for Shaheen. Keeps him in the fold, which is important. Having both Gesicki and him for potential two TE sets is critical

tua spent the whole buy week except Sunday at the facility.

This dude legit eats breaths and sleeps football.

As long as he holds up injury wise, we got our guy. This dude reminds me so much of Russell Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

As long as he holds up injury wise, we got our guy. This dude reminds me so much of Russell Wilson.
    I know he's got accuracy and a quick release, but I want to see him take a hit! I need to see Donald or Brockers hit him just once, a good, clean hit. I have to see him get right back up. His pocket presence is going to be incredible to watch, even as a rookie. I also think we're going to see more vertical attempts with Tua over Fitz. I wouldn't be shocked if Grant has his best half of a football season with Tua in there.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I know he's got accuracy and a quick release, but I want to see him take a hit! I need to see Donald or Brockers hit him just once, a good, clean hit. I have to see him get right back up. His pocket presence is going to be incredible to watch, even as a rookie. I also think we're going to see more vertical attempts with Tua over Fitz. I wouldn't be shocked if Grant has his best half of a football season with Tua in there.
    I agree with the vertical attempts, tua is a far better deep ball thrower than Fitzpatrick, and for sure grant could benefit.

SF did a phenominal job of neutralizing the rams pass rush, hopfully we can mimic that, even though we dont have their run game.

Rams defense has been very good this hear at disrupting qbs. But getting hit is a part of football, and we have to see how tuas body can handle it, no better time than now.

It sounds weird, but I'm in the same boat that I need to see Tua get hit. You want to see what we have this year because of that Texans pick, but you NEED to know if Tua can take the hits. Im going to be terrified the first 3 or 4 times he gets touched, but hopefully he gets right back up and looks good.

It seems like a lot of guys were in the building last week. I was critical of the whole "culture" thing from last year since we flipped half the roster, but it seems to be working.

I'm obviously not trying to compare Tua to a HOFer, but its hard not to see the comparisons. Tua even talks like him lol. Biggest difference is that Tua just doesn't have the arm like Russ. Dude can flick his wrist and put it in an impossible spot. Tua on the other hand has a Brady/Manning arm. Its not as easy as say Herbert, but he just knows where to put it.

I worry less about Tua taking a hit than I do about him getting landed on like he did the day he got injured last year. Once a guy has to chase him down and lands on top of him and he pops up, I'll be sold. I think he can take any hit, but can he take the weight of a lineman dropping on his pelvis again? Obviously the Dolphins and med staff believe so, because they are voluntarily putting him in now. It's not like they were pressed into it because of a Fitzpatrick injury or something like that. So that part is at least somewhat reassuring IMO.

Well the thing with that particular hip was it was two guys falling on him and he planted his leg in a very specific way. Even though the Bo injury wasn't the same, it's similar in the fact that it was just super unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Well the thing with that particular hip was it was two guys falling on him and he planted his leg in a very specific way. Even though the Bo injury wasn't the same, it's similar in the fact that it was just super unlucky.
    Only one landed on him (Leo Lewis). 2 were pursuing but one landed on the ground beside him (Spencer). I think the freak part of it was that, as you mentioned, Tua's knee got caught underneath him so he hit in almost like a crouch or fetal position and the knee propped up his pelvis, which was probably worse than just landing flat with someone on you. I guess we'll never know until he goes down that awkwardly again, which could be months or years. Or hopefully never.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 10-31-2020 at 06:27 AM.

wow all the nfl media hyping up Miami now.

haven't seen the since marino.

even when chad got us into the playoffs we had no hype.

wow all the nfl media hyping up Miami now.

haven't seen the since marino.

even when chad got us into the playoffs we had no hype.
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/wee...183728407.html

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast