Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Welp no movement on the Texans pick. Carolina blew it late. But thankfully with the Vikings and Pats winning we created a bit more wiggle room in case the Texans get another win.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Will fuller suspended rest of season, they cut kenny stills, that's gotta help us out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Will fuller suspended rest of season, they cut kenny stills, that's gotta help us out a bit.
    Fuller is by far their best weapon on offense. Watson has been playing so well that it might not matter, but over the past few years when Fuller gets hurt Watson has been worse.

Edit: Texans top CB Bradley Roby is done for the year too with a PED suspension. This **** really couldn't be announced two weeks ago?
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-30-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Fuller is by far their best weapon on offense. Watson has been playing so well that it might not matter, but over the past few years when Fuller gets hurt Watson has been worse.

Edit: Texans top CB Bradley Roby is done for the year too with a PED suspension. This **** really couldn't be announced two weeks ago?
    Huge news. Like you said Watson struggled when Fuller wasn't on the field. Now they have Cooks and Coutee so maybe they more 2 TE sets. This offense has definitely become much less explosive and less dangerous.

Pray for 6-10!

it's about as clear as day now what we need in this draft. We need IOL that can get push in the run game, and a minimum two WRs. Kindley was supposed to be that road grader type OG that can bully in the run game. Not really seeing it. Same with Hunt. Huge dude, but is struggling right now. They way I see it, I am hoping for something like this (currently where our picks are slated):

RD1
    WR Ja'Marr Chase/Rashod Bateman
    IOL Creed Humphrey

RD2
    NT Tyler Shelvin
    WR Seth Williams

We are not going anywhere fast unless we sure up the lines. Chase is the WR1 for me, hands down, followed by Bateman. Humphrey is our OC of the future and is a beast! Shelvin has 'Flores defense' written all over him and he can man the middle on running downs with Davis . . . dude is a brick wall. And Seth Williams I think will go higher than some people have him pegged right now, and would be awesome with Parker/Williams and our 1st rd WR pick.

Najee Harris would be fantastic, but if we don't have anyone creating holes in the OL, what's the point? And I don't value a RB in the 1st rd as much as some others do. Given the choice between Humphrey or Harris with our second 1st rd pick, I'm taking Humphrey.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Huge news. Like you said Watson struggled when Fuller wasn't on the field. Now they have Cooks and Coutee so maybe they more 2 TE sets. This offense has definitely become much less explosive and less dangerous.

Pray for 6-10!
    we'll still end up with a top 10 pick I think, but it's amazing news for us. I think they end 5-11, with their next win against CIN. They have IND twice (both losses imo), TEN once (another loss) and then CHI (good defense, could be a toss up) and CIN (they should win). I'm not greedy, but top 10 pick seems legit right now.

If we can get a top 10 pick, as well as make the playoffs, it would be a great year!

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    we'll still end up with a top 10 pick I think, but it's amazing news for us. I think they end 5-11, with their next win against CIN. They have IND twice (both losses imo), TEN once (another loss) and then CHI (good defense, could be a toss up) and CIN (they should win). I'm not greedy, but top 10 pick seems legit right now.

If we can get a top 10 pick, as well as make the playoffs, it would be a great year!
    Agreed, playoffs, and than 2 1st rnd picks and 2 2nd rnd picks would be a huge step forward for this franchise. Especially with 1 1st and 1 2nd pick being top 10 in that round.

The raiders and ravens most likely losing is also huge for us this week.

it's about as clear as day now what we need in this draft. We need IOL that can get push in the run game, and a minimum two WRs. Kindley was supposed to be that road grader type OG that can bully in the run game. Not really seeing it. Same with Hunt. Huge dude, but is struggling right now. They way I see it, I am hoping for something like this (currently where our picks are slated):

RD1
    WR Ja'Marr Chase/Rashod Bateman
    IOL Creed Humphrey

RD2
    NT Tyler Shelvin
    WR Seth Williams

We are not going anywhere fast unless we sure up the lines. Chase is the WR1 for me, hands down, followed by Bateman. Humphrey is our OC of the future and is a beast! Shelvin has 'Flores defense' written all over him and he can man the middle on running downs with Davis . . . dude is a brick wall. And Seth Williams I think will go higher than some people have him pegged right now, and would be awesome with Parker/Williams and our 1st rd WR pick.

Najee Harris would be fantastic, but if we don't have anyone creating holes in the OL, what's the point? And I don't value a RB in the 1st rd as much as some others do. Given the choice between Humphrey or Harris with our second 1st rd pick, I'm taking Humphrey.
    I agree with you on Kindley and Hunt. Kindley started off strong but he's come back down and has been a liability this year. Omar keeps using John Jerry as a comp and I really agree with it. He's not getting any real push in the ground game and the way he wins in pass protection is just because he's so big that no one can really knock him down. When he's met with speed or has to move side to side he's a problem. Hunt has been fine, looks like a normal rookie RT would, but if a good OT falls to us in the draft I take him and move Hunt to RG. I think we need to replace everyone on the interior but at the least we need a new RG and C. Flowers is fine but he can't be the best on your line. Creed is the big name but I also love the center from Alabama too.

The reason I think we need to address the RB spot early is because the team very clearly thinks we need one. They wanted one of the top guys last year and got greedy, and of course they were in on Gordon and Bell. The FA group really isn't that exciting so I'm cool with just biting thr bullet and getting one of the top guys. The offense desperately needs a true bellcow when you look at the RB splits with Gaskin and Ahmed. Both were getting like 80% when they were the starter. Gaskin was also tied for the team lead in receptions when he got hurt. Theres a lot of opportunity for a star RB in this offense. I'd prefer Najee RD1 and Dickerson end of RD2 than Creed and a 2nd tier back. And there's a chance we could get Najee start of RD 2, but I just think the trends have been one team snags a RB end of RD 1 and then the next guy goes early rd 2. It would be someone stupid like Cin or Atlanta who have very obvious needs elsewhere but still take Najee right in front of us.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 12-01-2020 at 12:05 PM.

I agree with you on Kindley and Hunt. Kindley started off strong but he's come back down and has been a liability this year. Omar keeps using John Jerry as a comp and I really agree with it. He's not getting any real push in the ground game and the way he wins in pass protection is just because he's so big that no one can really knock him down. When he's met with speed or has to move side to side he's a problem. Hunt has been fine, looks like a normal rookie RT would, but if a good OT falls to us in the draft I take him and move Hunt to RG. I think we need to replace everyone on the interior but at the least we need a new RG and C. Flowers is fine but he can't be the best on your line. Creed is the big name but I also love the center from Alabama too.

The reason I think we need to address the RB spot early is because the team very clearly thinks we need one. They wanted one of the top guys last year and got greedy, and of course they were in on Gordon and Bell. The FA group really isn't that exciting so I'm cool with just biting thr bullet and getting one of the top guys. The offense desperately needs a true bellcow when you look at the RB splits with Gaskin and Ahmed. Both were getting like 80% when they were the starter. Gaskin was also tied for the team lead in receptions when he got hurt. Theres a lot of opportunity for a star RB in this offense. I'd prefer Najee RD1 and Dickerson end of RD2 than Creed and a 2nd tier back. And there's a chance we could get Najee start of RD 2, but I just think the trends have been one team snags a RB end of RD 1 and then the next guy goes early rd 2. It would be someone stupid like Cin or Atlanta who have very obvious needs elsewhere but still take Najee right in front of us.
    No, I get it. We need a true RB1 for the offense to work. But I just look at PIT. Bell was a 2nd rd pick, and he was awesome in PIT because their OL was top 5 almost every year. Bell was patient, waiting for holes. That ain't happening with this OL. And the success of Derrick Henry is going to make Harris a 1st rd pick. If we're picking mid-late 20's, and Humphrey is gone (my guess he goes right around 18-22) then I'd be down to clown on Harris. But I worry about Tua going forward with what we have on the OL right now. I believe MIA wanted Cesar Ruiz at #26 this past year, but he was scooped up. I don't think they bypass Humphrey if he's there. He's just the right kind of nasty this OL needs. In the mold of Pouncey.

As for Kindley, I love that he is massive, and you're right, that's what makes him a decent OG in pass protection. nobody is really going to push him back 1 on 1. but my goodness he can't get up field on run blocking. it's hurting. There are some okay options at OG that might not break the bank. Dan Feeney, Pat Elflein, Ethan Pocic to name a couple. As for RB, i'd kick the tires on Fournette, Lindsay, Aaron Jones, Chris Carson . . . but I think Jones and Carson are going to get mucho dinero, not something i'd be willing to part with for a RB.

We have the 7th most available cap space next year. I believe Miami will be a favorable landing spot for free agents. I think signing a good offensive lineman with cap room would be the best way to go to improve the offensive line compared to drafting a offensive lineman.

I am in agreement of drafting WR high, maybe even 2 in the first 4 rounds. I would also be ok with drafting Kyle Pitts if he is available with our first pick. There is a good chance Pitts will be available with our Houston pick and Chase will likely be gone.

I am looking at the WR drafted in last years draft and most of them either look promising or are really starting to come on. I would love guys like Claypool and Pittman on the Dolphins.
    Last edited by Plague; 12-01-2020 at 11:57 PM.

I'm praying Joe Thuney or Brandon Scherff become available and we try again. I firmly believe Thuney is playing as one of the best olineman in the league this year and I hope NE finally hits the reset button to let him out. I'd prefer to avoid going young for right now and just finally fix the oline.

I'm sure Miami will look at FA for RB, but I just dont see any of the actually good guys getting to FA. So at that point do you really want to pay someone like James Connor a big contract? Maybe someone like Marlon Mack would be good value? And something interesting on WR that we need to keep an eye on is Flo has said multiple times now that he doesn't want a slot WR. He instead looks at it as a spot on thr field and you can move people around into that spot.

Chris Kauffman brought up something interesting that I think fits into all three of these spots. He talked about how he feels like Flo doesn't really have a vision for the offense. He has an oline of a bunch of big power guys, yet Gailey runs a lot of zone outside stuff. Flo wants to have a down hill power rusher with a lead blocker, yet the offense is set up to work with RPO small speedy guys. And then at WR I'm so curious what the hell Flo does in the offseason. Tua and this offense DESPERATELY need speed and guys who can separate, yet Flo was comfortable with Geiscki, Parker and Williams being the starters this year and he keeps pushing Tua to try jump balls. All of the guys we've added have been speedy WRs but then why make such a big deal to make Tua change so much.

I'm praying Joe Thuney or Brandon Scherff become available and we try again. I firmly believe Thuney is playing as one of the best olineman in the league this year and I hope NE finally hits the reset button to let him out. I'd prefer to avoid going young for right now and just finally fix the oline.

I'm sure Miami will look at FA for RB, but I just dont see any of the actually good guys getting to FA. So at that point do you really want to pay someone like James Connor a big contract? Maybe someone like Marlon Mack would be good value? And something interesting on WR that we need to keep an eye on is Flo has said multiple times now that he doesn't want a slot WR. He instead looks at it as a spot on thr field and you can move people around into that spot.

Chris Kauffman brought up something interesting that I think fits into all three of these spots. He talked about how he feels like Flo doesn't really have a vision for the offense. He has an oline of a bunch of big power guys, yet Gailey runs a lot of zone outside stuff. Flo wants to have a down hill power rusher with a lead blocker, yet the offense is set up to work with RPO small speedy guys. And then at WR I'm so curious what the hell Flo does in the offseason. Tua and this offense DESPERATELY need speed and guys who can separate, yet Flo was comfortable with Geiscki, Parker and Williams being the starters this year and he keeps pushing Tua to try jump balls. All of the guys we've added have been speedy WRs but then why make such a big deal to make Tua change so much.
    I honestly think GB lets Aaron Jones test FA. Honestly, he'd be the one guy I'd be willing to pay at RB. But your on point with the OL and Gailey's RPO plays. We know Karras is more of a pass blocker than run blocker, but Hunt, Kindley and Flowers can be people movers, just not guys to get out on blocks down the field too much. Thuney would break the bank, and then we'd have Flowers/Kindley fighting for the RG spot with Davis/Hunt fighting for RT. If you pay for Thuney, and draft Humphrey, and slide Flowers to RG . . . the IOL would be pretty stout. Just not sure about paying Thuney top OG money. that kind of scares me.

I honestly think GB lets Aaron Jones test FA. Honestly, he'd be the one guy I'd be willing to pay at RB. But your on point with the OL and Gailey's RPO plays. We know Karras is more of a pass blocker than run blocker, but Hunt, Kindley and Flowers can be people movers, just not guys to get out on blocks down the field too much. Thuney would break the bank, and then we'd have Flowers/Kindley fighting for the RG spot with Davis/Hunt fighting for RT. If you pay for Thuney, and draft Humphrey, and slide Flowers to RG . . . the IOL would be pretty stout. Just not sure about paying Thuney top OG money. that kind of scares me.
    Nah man I'm 100% on board with it. The Patriots literally have no passing game, yet that oline can still dominate. Its the best in the league even after the oline coach retired. I want guys that can create holes even when everyone knows that you're running the ball, and Thuney can do that. Plus he's got the agility to get out wide and pull. Perfect fit. Get Thuney, draft Creed or Dickerson and you're set at oline.

If Aaron Jones or Joe Mixon hits FA then I'm on board with signing them, but I just dont see it happening. And the only thing I hate doing more than drafting a RB in the first is signing one in FA. I'd still rather draft Najee RD1 over either of those guys.

With Preston Williams looking like he may not return this season we desperately need some skill guys to step up.

Calloway Perry Bowden, someone needs to step up.

Our offense isn't good, but with such few weapons it shouldn't be. Were a field position, win the turnover battle, team until we get some more weapons.

There's talent at WR, but the lack of a run game is the biggest issue with the team. No one respects thr RPO and there's no play action. Tua needs WRs but if you get a run game going then everything will open up.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast