Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1131
    Marcel from ESPN said he has it from a source that Miami is in on Vic. McDaniel was rumored to be looking at him last year but it never happened obviously.

I’d imagine they’re looking for a proven guy. This roster is too good to have a first time DC again. But I doubt those guys shape out until the HC search gets cleared up.

This of course ends with Vance as the DC and we run the same damn scheme we’ve been running.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Marcel from ESPN said he has it from a source that Miami is in on Vic. McDaniel was rumored to be looking at him last year but it never happened obviously.

I’d imagine they’re looking for a proven guy. This roster is too good to have a first time DC again. But I doubt those guys shape out until the HC search gets cleared up.

This of course ends with Vance as the DC and we run the same damn scheme we’ve been running.
    I'm okay if it's Vance, cause the dude has experience. I don't hate him, but I don't love him neither. this potentially would be one of the best defenses Vance has had in his time coaching.

Fangio would be pretty nice as well, but I think he's tied to Payton. once that shakes out, maybe Fangio is in play.

^^^^i felt like Vic was with Payton until he took the Falcons interview. If he was just completely out of it why would he waste his time?

And Vance is just fine. Won’t be terrible but has never been anything other than alright. My biggest issue is that he runs a defense too similar to what we’ve had. The Cardinals blitzed at a stupid rate over the past few years. Now it might be a situation where he didn’t have the talent to do anything but that, but I’m just so tired of that style. I think one of the primary reason McDaniel moved on from Boyer is due to a shift in philosophy. He wants something like SF.

Washington is interviewing Studesville for the OC job.

I know everyone says he’s well respected, but dude has yet to develop a good run game/running back. I know we haven’t made a major investment yet, but the only good RBs we’ve had under him were Gore and the SF guys.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-20-2023 at 01:12 PM.

The Dolphins were happy with Teddy as a mentor but as a prepared backup, obviously they are not happy with what he provided (that being 0 wins)

Sounds like the whole "firing McDaniel" possibility was a very small possibility. He would have had to have gotten absolutely humiliated in the playoffs to even consider it and even then, they really like him and his infectious positive attitude. I think they know what they have. It has been acknowledged that he (and Tua) need to be a little less aggressive in the passing game. This will hopefully make the offense more diverse and protect Tua's melon.
    Speaking of Tua, this is interesting. He was symptom free for a few days before the playoff game, but bringing him back was never really much of a consideration because of all eyes being on the Dolphins' due to the non-affiliated medical dudes' handling of his concussions ever since that really bad week back in the fall.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-21-2023 at 03:17 PM.

Josina Anderson

I'm told Vic Fangio is a target expected to receive strong consideration for the #Dolphins defensive coordinator vacancy, per league source. It remains to be seen what Fangio's response will be.

Fangio reportedly turned down the HC interview back in 2019.

Give plz

If we're calling Trevor Lawrence "The Chosen One" (and he is starting to look like it), Patrick Mahomes deserves to be called "The One".

The Vikings and Dolphins, both of whom have vacant DC jobs, have requested to interview Seahawks defensive assistant and associate head coach Sean Desai, sources say.

Quote Originally Posted by gambo1988 View Post
    The Vikings and Dolphins, both of whom have vacant DC jobs, have requested to interview Seahawks defensive assistant and associate head coach Sean Desai, sources say.
    God dammit Gambo I was just coming to post it lol

The more I’ve read up on Desai the more I like him. Has experience under Fangio, Pagano, and now Pete Carrol. Would prefer a more experienced guy but I would be happy if we got him.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-22-2023 at 10:42 AM.

I know that this is always the kiss of death, but Buffalo does not look as scary as we thought they would be this post season. Their Dline is non-existent without Von, they can’t stop the run, and if you can slow up Diggs then they really don’t have much in the passing game.

Also watching the Bengals defense is exactly why I think a play caller will be huge for our team. Lou Anaroumo is one of the best in the league but they’re rolling some street free agents out there and making them look great. We have so much wasted talent.

Joe Philbin's staff was pretty decent. Zac Taylor the HC and Lou with him at the Bengals now, Dan Campbell the HC and Ben Johnson now a OC with him.

Joe Schoen was also Director of player personnel and now GM with NYG and our GM at the time is with him in that same position he was with us. Aponte works for the NFL now.

Although took Lou 4 years to get that defense playing well.
    Last edited by Wrench; 01-22-2023 at 07:03 PM.

The #Dolphins are planning to interview LBs coach Anthony Campanile for their vacant defensive coordinator job this week, source said. A former long-time college coach at Michigan and BC, Campanile has impressed in Miami.

I get bad Matt Burke vibes from him. Can’t have it.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-23-2023 at 03:43 PM.

Eagles are expected to make a heavy push to make Vic Fangio the DC if Jonathan Gannon gets a HC job this offseason. Gannon is considered a favorite for the Texans job and Fangio is a defensive advisor for the Eagles this season.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The #Dolphins are planning to interview LBs coach Anthony Campanile for their vacant defensive coordinator job this week, source said. A former long-time college coach at Michigan and BC, Campanile has impressed in Miami.

I get bad Matt Burke vibes from him. Can’t have it.
    Holy moly, Matt Burke . . . LOL wow, forgot about how bad he was.

If they want to keep some of the same language, and a guy that knows the players, then I'm okay giving him a shot if we can't get a more experienced dude, but I hope McDaniel expresses how he wants the defense playing.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Holy moly, Matt Burke . . . LOL wow, forgot about how bad he was.

If they want to keep some of the same language, and a guy that knows the players, then I'm okay giving him a shot if we can't get a more experienced dude, but I hope McDaniel expresses how he wants the defense playing.
    It feels a bit more like a courtesy interview. He’s probably interested in the job and you don’t say no to those guys. But to me the scheme is the equally as much of an issue as the play calling was. I think we need a new set of eyes because running the Flores/Boyer style of defense just doesn’t work for our talent anymore.

I’d rather get an unproven guy from a different scheme than try an unproven internal option.